Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 07:37 AM

134 posts, read 85,579 times

Advertisements

I saw this one too. What a gorgeous apartment. I tried to apply, but looks like I cannot apply if I have a pending application for another one. At least I got some time off refreshing until my first application is cleared out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 07:46 AM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Thanks for posting that one, Sabavoon, along with the 3D link. That link is good because it doesn't seem to expire after the listing is taken down.

Also, this tour shows that a closet has been added to the small bedroom. I guess that's being done with the platinum finish. Nice!

Old 05-16-2023, 06:20 AM

Two offerings that I just saw:

5 Stuy Oval, 3D. It’s the third time this particular apartment has been listed.

Rent is $3,472.

It’s a really nice apartment, platinum finish, great location, nice views, on opposite side of building from basketball court.

I wonder if people are being disqualified? Or they’re turning it down?

Here’s the 3D tour:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=MpmqFCg7zLN&back=1

Here’s another one bedroom, 444 East 20th Street, 2C. Rent is $3,450. Another platinum finish. Great, convenient location off the First Avenue Loop. Overlooks playground but shouldn’t be too noisy.

Here’s the 3D tour:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Yt51Aoq85LV&back=1

Last edited by macnyc2003; 05-16-2023 at 06:29 AM..

Old 05-16-2023, 06:51 AM

I saw both of them too. And I applied for the first one using a different email address. I'm not sure how this will play out but I'll report back.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:02 AM

283 posts, read 280,490 times
There were three of them today and I had seen all three before they posted the first one around 8 am .

Old 05-16-2023, 07:20 AM

I didn't realize all three of them had been posted before. I did recognize the 5 Stuy Oval one. And all of the apartments so far have been in the same price range.

Quote:
I saw both of them too. And I applied for the first one using a different email address. I'm not sure how this will play out but I'll report back.
Good luck! That was the one I missed today. What is the address? Is it a platinum finish? I thought you were going for a two-bedroom, Verynew?

Old 05-16-2023, 07:40 AM

283 posts, read 280,490 times
I was looking at it from phone. the price was 33xx i didn't check further.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:42 AM

My preference is for a 2bd. I decided to go for 5 Stuy Oval today after seeing the available offers posted in the past weeks.

It's hard to think I will get a 2bd considering how rare they are.

This 1bd is worth it for the location and the views. And it's still a little lower than what I am paying currently for my 1bd that's on Av C, 1st floor. I'm mostly curious to see the rules —*how much can they increase the rent in the future. Applying is probably the best way to understand more about it.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:50 AM

5 Stuy Oval 3D is a great apartment, and it's amazing it's back on the market.

Yes, you are right. If you are chosen for the apartment, ask about rent stabilization now and in the future. Also ask, “Is this a Roberts apartment?” There are about 4,000 Roberts apartments in the complex, and I suspect these units are in that group.

Rent stabilization for the Roberts apartments was supposed to end in 2020, but the tenants association sued the landlord. We said that the law had been changed to make rent stabilization permanent, and the Roberts apartments should be covered under that. The judge agreed and ruled in our favor. I'm not sure if Blackstone is appealing or not.

So you can see how complicated it is.

Your apartment on Ave. C might be a Roberts unit also. Have you been following the issue?

Old 05-16-2023, 08:35 AM

I came across the news about the lawsuit, but I feel like there are a lot of gaps in my understanding of the situation, especially when it comes to the implications for tenants. I appreciate your recommendation, and I'll definitely consult with the team if we reach that point.

On a different note, I was quite surprised to see that I secured my current 1-bedroom apartment for such a low price last summer, considering the average price for a 1-bedroom on their website was around $4,500. When I requested my renewal earlier this month, it went up by only about $150 or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery