Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2024, 07:28 PM

66 posts, read 52,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove888 View Post
I just checked the Google spreadsheet organized by themaki, and there's a mistake in one entry. themaki listed the units released on June 29, 2023, as "444," but the actual number of units released was "446."

Ooh nice catch! I just updated the spreadsheet. Also, that's interesting that this unit was first offered in June 2023 and then we didn't see it posted again until March 2024. I wonder if someone moved in over the summer and only stayed a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 07:46 AM

23 posts, read 11,709 times
Quote:
I just checked the Google spreadsheet organized by themaki, and there's a mistake in one entry. themaki listed the units released on June 29, 2023, as "444," but the actual number of units released was "446."
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaki View Post
Ooh nice catch! I just updated the spreadsheet. Also, that's interesting that this unit was first offered in June 2023 and then we didn't see it posted again until March 2024. I wonder if someone moved in over the summer and only stayed a few months.
It's possible that the applicant didn't meet the qualifications, then appealed, and the next applicant encountered the same issue.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:51 AM

23 posts, read 11,709 times
Themaki, your spreadsheet is excellent and has been a tremendous help in organizing for me. Thank you very much!

Old 04-02-2024, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Themaki, your spreadsheet is excellent and has been a tremendous help in organizing for me. Thank you very much!

You're welcome!! I'm glad it's been helpful!

Old 04-02-2024, 09:15 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,619,964 times
Yes, your spreadsheet is marvelous! I bet it's better than the one Stuy Town is using. I just wish there were more vacancies available, to keep you busy updating every day! Where are all the apartments?!

Old 04-02-2024, 01:54 PM

14 posts, read 10,068 times
Hi All, wanted to give a quick update. I recently moved into one of the units just a few days ago. I transferred from one lottery unit to one of the hunger games ones. They initially wanted us to pay a 2-mo lease break penalty. I asked many different people to change the fee. I also called Keith Powers office and spoke to his chief of staff who said he would reach out on our behalf (I think it was me and one other person, probably also on this forum). Not sure which method was responsible but they ended up waiving the fee. In the end they said I just needed to give a 30 day notice before leaving my current unit, and I ended up leaving with 3 days left on my lease, so the overlap period was negligible. Thanks to all for your recommendations on this process. Definitely worth advocating for things. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer!

Old 04-02-2024, 04:09 PM

28 posts, read 20,190 times
Congratulations! Your hard work and perseverance have truly paid off. Wishing you continued success and happiness in all your future endeavors. Well done!

Old 04-02-2024, 04:28 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,619,964 times
Congrats! I assume the hunger games one is cheaper? Or is it larger? Do you like your new location?

Old 04-02-2024, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensNY2020 View Post
Hi All, wanted to give a quick update. I recently moved into one of the units just a few days ago. I transferred from one lottery unit to one of the hunger games ones. They initially wanted us to pay a 2-mo lease break penalty. I asked many different people to change the fee. I also called Keith Powers office and spoke to his chief of staff who said he would reach out on our behalf (I think it was me and one other person, probably also on this forum). Not sure which method was responsible but they ended up waiving the fee. In the end they said I just needed to give a 30 day notice before leaving my current unit, and I ended up leaving with 3 days left on my lease, so the overlap period was negligible. Thanks to all for your recommendations on this process. Definitely worth advocating for things. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to answer!

Congratulations! I'm so happy it worked out well for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Yes, your spreadsheet is marvelous! I bet it's better than the one Stuy Town is using. I just wish there were more vacancies available, to keep you busy updating every day! Where are all the apartments?!

Lol, thank you! And I wish there were more vacancies too!! I love when I get to add a new entry Hopefully they'll pick up again soon.

Old 04-02-2024, 06:41 PM

14 posts, read 10,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats! I assume the hunger games one is cheaper? Or is it larger? Do you like your new location?
Actually in the same building as my old unit! Same size and even a little more expensive. But it’s a platinum finish with an open kitchen, and we have three little kids and spend 80% of our time in the kitchen so it’s a game changer for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery