Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2023, 06:15 AM

283 posts, read 284,846 times

Advertisements

1 Bed, 1 Bath

440 East 23rd Street, Apt 14D

Available Now

$3,649
Min Income Required: $125,100.86

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BhV3bSgm15Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 07:59 AM

63 posts, read 38,192 times
I just applied at 8:30! I think I may have been #3 because as soon as I hit send, the apartment was pulled off of the website. We'll see what they come back with - they say they will notify me in 48 hours as to what number I am.

Kind of like taking a number getting cold cuts at the butcher's.

Old 09-11-2023, 09:25 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,617,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurryHillMomma View Post
I just applied at 8:30! I think I may have been #3 because as soon as I hit send, the apartment was pulled off of the website. We'll see what they come back with - they say they will notify me in 48 hours as to what number I am.

Congrats! I know you would prefer a two-bedroom, but the one-bedrooms in Peter Cooper are spacious. And the rent is decent for what you would get.

As you can tell from the 3D tour, your apartment faces inside the development, so it will be quiet. Also, because it’s the top floor, there are extra heat pipes.

Since you are coming from a doorman building, you should be aware that the situation with getting packages seems to have deteriorated recently. The delivery people drop them off in the lobby, and packages are getting stolen. Also, many are delivered to the wrong buildings. It’s quite frustrating and generating lots of complaints.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 09-11-2023 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-11-2023, 09:41 AM

63 posts, read 38,192 times
Hi again Mac! I'm still waiting on Waterside! Now I'm jumping in Stuytown! Thank you for posting so much info, it's been SO helpful! I applied to Stuytown in 2020 during the pandemic, and got pretty far in the process, but I chose (stupidly) the apartment where I am now which was cheaper b/c of pandemic pricing, and was quite naive thinking they wouldn't raise it so much. But hindsight is 20/20 and on average it's about $4200/mo if I average out the last 3 years of rent.

As always I will keep you posted!

Old 09-11-2023, 12:16 PM

199 posts, read 222,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats! I know you would prefer a two-bedroom, but the one-bedrooms in Peter Cooper are spacious. And the rent is decent for what you would get.

As you can tell from the 3D tour, your apartment faces inside the development, so it will be quiet. Also, because it’s the top floor, there are extra heat pipes.

Since you are coming from a doorman building, you should be aware that the situation with getting packages seems to have deteriorated recently. The delivery people drop them off in the lobby, and packages are getting stolen. Also, many are delivered to the wrong buildings. It’s quite frustrating and generating lots of complaints.
I have been in PCV since last October, and the package situation is not terrible. Amazon delivers at your door 80% of the time. Other carriers leave in the lobby; I never had a package missing. Also, Fresh Direct and Instacart deliver to your front door. I think the theft is less frequent because most PCV lobbies face the courtyard, and it is hard to see the packages from outside. PCV with children is a dream. The new playground is a hit with my 10-year-old son despite being super crowded.

Old 09-11-2023, 12:46 PM

134 posts, read 86,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurryHillMomma View Post

Based on what I've personally seen, being the first, second, or third person to apply doesn't necessarily determine the actual order you get an invite to apply. I remember a time when I applied really quickly but wasn't the first in line. In another instance, when I did manage to secure the first spot, the unit was taken down just a few seconds after I submitted it. Can't always be certain of the outcome!

Old 09-11-2023, 06:13 PM

I've heard that it typically takes around three weeks to receive a response from the lottery officials after submitting your documentation. I personally haven't received any communication from the team in the last two weeks. Is this consistent with what others have experienced?

Old 09-11-2023, 06:44 PM

200 posts, read 210,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerynewinNYC View Post
I've heard that it typically takes around three weeks to receive a response from the lottery officials after submitting your documentation. I personally haven't received any communication from the team in the last two weeks. Is this consistent with what others have experienced?
It was 10 days from submitting docs to receiving confirmation of an apartment for me

Old 09-11-2023, 08:52 PM

283 posts, read 284,846 times
They are processing my documents fast I think. I literally got email today asking details about some of the deposits that were made to my venmo and zelle. And I submitted my documents on sunday. I hope they go through things very fast as well.

Old 09-11-2023, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
It was 10 days from submitting docs to receiving confirmation of an apartment for me
Thanks, Blus19. Did they asked for any extra documents between submitting the docs and receiving the confirmation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery