Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2023, 06:32 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times

Advertisements

Sorry that it's not going well. I am rooting for you!

Someone else on City Data posted her "lottery story," which ended successfully. But much of her saga consisted of getting documents notarized. Is this some kind of trend? When a friend of mine went through the process in 2015 there was just one document (a letter from her landlord) that required being notarized.

For You, Verynew, how about the one-bedroom "junior" apartment today for $4,011? The extra walls are already up, making a second sleeping area. Plus the location of 442 East 20th Street is very nice, and Apt. 5C means you would not be on the ground floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 07:04 AM

283 posts, read 280,834 times
There was another place few month ago that wanted my Venmo records as well as the they wanted the zella records that i received money one by one to be verified and notorized. They also overcalculated my salary so I would fit their higher AMI. I gave up on that building because they put me in higher ami and I didnt remember why a friend of mine send 200 to me four month ago I feel like the process is getting worse and worse for people. When I had a very hard time (working on salary and not having any second job or part time job) i cant imagine what other people going through.

Hopefully your process goes smoothly, and good luck.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:15 AM

Well, lots of people get paid on Venmo and Zelle, so those accounts have to be monitored also. I always suggest that people intending to go through the lottery process to cut down on use of those services, especially in case where there is a group luncheon and one person puts the tab on his credit card and everyone pays him back on Venmo. But of course it's impossible to do retroactively!

Interesting that those payments have to be notarized also.

Life in general is getting increasingly complicated!

Old 07-20-2023, 07:25 AM

134 posts, read 85,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Sorry that it's not going well. I am rooting for you!

Someone else on City Data posted her "lottery story," which ended successfully. But much of her saga consisted of getting documents notarized. Is this some kind of trend? When a friend of mine went through the process in 2015 there was just one document (a letter from her landlord) that required being notarized.

For You, Verynew, how about the one-bedroom "junior" apartment today for $4,011? The extra walls are already up, making a second sleeping area. Plus the location of 442 East 20th Street is very nice, and Apt. 5C means you would not be on the ground floor.
$4,011 for this unit seems a lot to me. I just saw last week a true two bedroom my friend got on UES, 66th and Madison with washer and dryer in unit for $4,200. The market is not that bad out there.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:28 AM

If your friend's apartment rent stabilized? If not, that rent may only be good for the term of the lease.

That said, I'm not 100% sure how long the rent stabilization in Stuy Town/PCV will last on a bunch of units known as Roberts apartments. And I'm sure some of the ones in this lottery are Roberts apartments.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
And now, a one-bedroom for $2,000! Grab and go! Sabavoon, I hope you're seeing this!

435 East 14th Street, Apt. 2A. Price is $2,018, available July 17.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=YRBqStGkNzL&back=1

P.S. I have a feeling that these apartments listed today were put here by mistake. I think these all belong to the 2021 lottery, judging from the prices and the renovation style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I didn't see anything today either. I am a little bit depressed though. missed listing that I waked up for early in morning and was on screen checking every other minute checking it for past three month and the day that I thought they not going to post it because it is holiday i missed the listing i was waiting for
Quote:
If your friend's apartment rent stabilized? If not, that rent may only be good for the term of the lease.

That said, I'm not 100% sure how long the rent stabilization in Stuy Town/PCV will last on a bunch of units known as Roberts apartments. And I'm sure some of the ones in this lottery are Roberts apartments.
She's not rent stabilized. How can I find if my current apartment in Stuytown is a 'Robert' unit or not?

Old 07-20-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerynewinNYC View Post
She's not rent stabilized. How can I find if my current apartment in Stuytown is a 'Robert' unit or not?
Good question. You are wise to ask.

It is complicated. Whole books have been written about the situation!

In brief, the Roberts apartments were the subject of several lawsuits, won by the tenants. But I think I read that Blackstone is appealing the most recent ruling. Here is a link: https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...ts-stabilized/

For a definitive answer as to whether your current apartment is in the Roberts class, I would call the tenants association and leave a message. Someone will get back to you (everyone volunteers their time). The TA has been at the forefront of all the legal battles.

According to the article, 6,200 apartments in the complex are covered by the ruling. That's a lot.

Here's the phone number. Plus, the site is a great resource in general. (The TA will help you even if you're not a member):

https://www.stpcvta.org/

Also, Keith Powers’ office would probably know, although the events predate Powers’ tenure in office. Just give a call. All of our elected officials are really wired into the rent-stabilization battles:

https://council.nyc.gov/keith-powers/pb/8/

Last edited by macnyc2003; 07-20-2023 at 08:30 AM..

Old 07-20-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Good question. You are wise to ask.

It is complicated. Whole books have been written about the situation!

In brief, the Roberts apartments were the subject of several lawsuits, won by the tenants. But Blackstone is appealing the most recent ruling. Here is a link:https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...ts-stabilized/

For a definitive answer to whether your current apartment is in the Roberts class, I would call the tenants association and leave a message. Someone will get back to you (everyone volunteers their time). The TA has been at the forefront of all the legal battles.

I read somewhere that there are 4,000 Roberts apartments in the complex, so quite a few.

Here's the phone number. Plus, the site is a great resource in general. (The TA will help you even if you're not a member):

https://www.stpcvta.org/

Also, Keith Powers’ office would probably know, although the events predate Powers’ tenure in office. Just give a call. All of our elected officials are really wired into the rent-stabilization battles:

https://council.nyc.gov/keith-powers/pb/8/
Thank you so much for this. I'll do the work and circle back to share how it went.

Old 07-21-2023, 08:01 AM

I didn't see any apartments today.

Old 07-21-2023, 08:13 AM

283 posts, read 280,834 times
I didnt see anything today either, but was not checking regularly, I was checked from 7 to 8:20 and when I didnt see anything i was checking less regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery