Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 11:05 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Also, people's situations and desires change. From the time you apply to the time you might be offered a lease can be many months or even over a year. Your family situation may have changed, work location, income, life and living priorities etc etc etc. If you don't apply, you are out of the running, if you apply, you can confirm at the time you are contacted or even offered a lease whether or not you are interested.

There is no point in limiting your options when you can't predict the future.

Last edited by linamonroll; 01-10-2024 at 11:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 11:36 AM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
I also feel like if you are not 100% in pursuit of living in a unit it's better to withdraw. Submitting docs, and getting hpd approval to just refuse a unit that didn't mesh with your needs is a waste of time and resources. Also pushes the timeline for other people being processed back more than it needs to
Quote:
It is never guaranteed that you will even be picked to send documents just because you applied. So I can apply to 1 million buildings and be called to send documents for 10 it’s a lottery. So the judgement that you guys are having stands on no grounds.
I am not disagreeing or insulting but being factual. If you have zero interest in living there, provided you have seen the units since you work across the building. You should apply to everything and some but if you have such strong feelings towards a specific building then its not judgement but just observation that youd be better off not pursuing something that you absolutely despise

And now most agents want to see document submissions and or an hpd approval before they even show you the unit, in such a scenario why would someone even want to go through the process if they are already happy where they are and despise a new development that may consider them.

Having a dialogue isnt the same as judgement or attack. It is quite easy to be civil and still disagree

Old 01-11-2024, 04:23 AM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I am not disagreeing or insulting but being factual. If you have zero interest in living there, provided you have seen the units since you work across the building. You should apply to everything and some but if you have such strong feelings towards a specific building then its not judgement but just observation that youd be better off not pursuing something that you absolutely despise

And now most agents want to see document submissions and or an hpd approval before they even show you the unit, in such a scenario why would someone even want to go through the process if they are already happy where they are and despise a new development that may consider them.

Having a dialogue isnt the same as judgement or attack. It is quite easy to be civil and still disagree

Ok so here is a common misconception you are supposed to select your unit before any hpd submission. I’ve also toured unit with no document submission so it depends on the management team running the building. And the reason I saw judgement and attack is because you are piggybacking off of a judgmental comment regarding my choice

Old 01-11-2024, 05:21 AM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
And my application actually went in before I saw what I could see of the units. I actually did want to move here since going to work would just be crossing the street but due to me seeing how compact it is I’m not moving from my current apartment for this.

Old 01-11-2024, 10:25 AM

14 posts, read 14,826 times
My log number is 5xx, I’m in the 60% AMI, with ME preference. I’m still waiting to see if I’m going to be contacted. Does anyone know the marketing agency for this building?

Old 01-11-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisha331 View Post
My log number is 5xx, I’m in the 60% AMI, with ME preference. I’m still waiting to see if I’m going to be contacted. Does anyone know the marketing agency for this building?
Do you have CB preferences?

And if yes you will be contacted soon I'd imagine. What is your household size and unit size preference?

If you'd like to you can enter your info here and use it as a benchmark to get updates on how others' log numbers are doing.

http://tinyurl.com/505-State-Street

Old 01-12-2024, 11:05 AM

9 posts, read 5,487 times
how many log #s get called per batch? has anyone gotten contacted?

Old 01-12-2024, 05:35 PM

there have not been many updates, there was some technical issue in the first batch and a lot of log numbers weren't included in the document submission for the first batch.

HPD is working on fixing that so all the log numbers that are in the CB that were omitted for whatever reason will be added back to the pool of applicants to get document submissions from. I am hoping the glitch doesn't effect us who are in the right to be considered for a unit being in the CB and meet the requirements.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:02 PM

4 posts, read 2,362 times
41xxx...do I have a chance? lol

Old 01-16-2024, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brklynnyc214 View Post
41xxx...do I have a chance? lol
are you in the community board or have any set-aside preferences, and what is your household size / AMI ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery