Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 11:55 AM

555 posts, read 434,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
We moved in yesterday! Everything went well with the building! Thanks everyone for their support throughout this very stressful process.. Truly hope everyone gets their dream unit, wishing the best of luck!
That’s awesome news !

Hope your unit was cleaned well before your handover. And also hoping the amenities come online sooner than later so you can enjoy the early start to spring. I can’t imagine how much fun the rooftop will be once it’s ready to be used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 01:21 PM

9 posts, read 6,274 times
received email stating they were currently in the process of assigning the last few units left. </3

Old 04-19-2024, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygal394 View Post
received email stating they were currently in the process of assigning the last few units left. </3
Was that for CB or in total.

If it’s for everyone that’s such a bummer

Old 04-24-2024, 01:57 PM

For the folks who got to move in, could you please share your experience living in the building so far.

For those who cook, how good or bad is the induction stove etc. And how quiet is the interior space in terms of insulation from neighboring apartments.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:21 PM

41 posts, read 23,560 times
It has been a very good experience for us so far. Not a lot of people living in the building, no outside and/or construction noise (sometimes a little bit but nothing crazy or unbearable). Based on the very active construction inside and outside the building 24-7, I think the units are pretty insulated and sound proof-ish.

As for cooking, induction is a bit weird (I have no prior experience with it) and we had to replace all our cookware to work with induction cooktop, but other than that I cook and it’s not much different. Definitely takes some getting used to and needs daily cleaning though.

Don’t know when the amenities will be ready as they don’t want to make any promises but all I can say is that construction is moving pretty fast!

Old 04-24-2024, 09:30 PM

25 posts, read 11,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
For the folks who got to move in, could you please share your experience living in the building so far.

For those who cook, how good or bad is the induction stove etc. And how quiet is the interior space in terms of insulation from neighboring apartments.
Do you want to stop by as our guest anytime soon?

Old 04-25-2024, 05:48 AM

Quote:
It has been a very good experience for us so far. Not a lot of people living in the building, no outside and/or construction noise (sometimes a little bit but nothing crazy or unbearable). Based on the very active construction inside and outside the building 24-7, I think the units are pretty insulated and sound proof-ish.

As for cooking, induction is a bit weird (I have no prior experience with it) and we had to replace all our cookware to work with induction cooktop, but other than that I cook and it’s not much different. Definitely takes some getting used to and needs daily cleaning though.

Don’t know when the amenities will be ready as they don’t want to make any promises but all I can say is that construction is moving pretty fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofistikelastik View Post
Do you want to stop by as our guest anytime soon?
Thanks for sharing !

Awesome that you guys are enjoying yourself in your new crib. I also hope the amenities open soon so everyone can enjoy the summer rooftop season.

Thanks for the invite, maybe surprise visit soon jk

Have you met any neighbors or are you living like will smith in the “I am legend” movie

Old 04-30-2024, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing !

Awesome that you guys are enjoying yourself in your new crib. I also hope the amenities open soon so everyone can enjoy the summer rooftop season.

Thanks for the invite, maybe surprise visit soon jk

Have you met any neighbors or are you living like will smith in the “I am legend” movie
I've heard that they are trying to open the gym in a few weeks and the pool is almost done (estimated to be open for the summer).

We haven't met any neighbors yet but people are certainly moving in, I believe there are about 15+ units already occupied.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I've heard that they are trying to open the gym in a few weeks and the pool is almost done (estimated to be open for the summer).

We haven't met any neighbors yet but people are certainly moving in, I believe there are about 15+ units already occupied.
glad youre settling in well,

did you do any laundry to see the difference in how heat pump dryers work differently than regular ones ?

So excited to see actual pics of the pool and the gym / the marketing pics were so fake looking cuz they are CGI's.

I asked about the electricity account, was told it is sub metered billing, I have not had personal experience with it but have read about it in other buildings and the rates/usage can be crazy high so I am hoping that is not the experience for you all.

Having transparency for usage data / live tracking usage should be handy, wanted to ask if you got more clarity around it

Old 05-01-2024, 10:28 AM

Quote:
glad youre settling in well,

did you do any laundry to see the difference in how heat pump dryers work differently than regular ones ?

So excited to see actual pics of the pool and the gym / the marketing pics were so fake looking cuz they are CGI's.

I asked about the electricity account, was told it is sub metered billing, I have not had personal experience with it but have read about it in other buildings and the rates/usage can be crazy high so I am hoping that is not the experience for you all.

Having transparency for usage data / live tracking usage should be handy, wanted to ask if you got more clarity around it
Not sure about the difference between heat pump vs regular dryer- we had a heat pump dryer in our previous place as well and I think it’s not that different, the only thing we noticed in this unit is that the apt gets a little hot/warm while the dryer is working. Nothing crazy though.

We don’t have any experience with the sub metered electric either so I guess we will see about that soon. But we have been using all the appliances pretty much every day. Let’s see.

Where are you in the process? Hope it’s going well for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery