Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 02:58 PM

28 posts, read 13,393 times

Advertisements

What's the next step once they determine I'm eligible? Given my low log number, will they reserve the unit for me until my eligibility is confirmed?
I suppose what I'm asking is, once they've confirmed my income level, what other criteria do they consider? I still feel like I'm in the early stages of the income assessment process
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 03:30 PM

42 posts, read 28,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
What's the next step once they determine I'm eligible? Given my low log number, will they reserve the unit for me until my eligibility is confirmed?
I suppose what I'm asking is, once they've confirmed my income level, what other criteria do they consider? I still feel like I'm in the early stages of the income assessment process
From what I’ve read, you should be fine. Higher log numbers in your AMI may get through the income process quicker, but I don’t believe they would give all the units away before your eligibility is finalized.

Old 03-13-2024, 03:55 PM

20 posts, read 9,373 times
Log number 7** with CB. I DO NOT LIKE WAITING GAME.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:39 AM

28 posts, read 13,393 times
My log number is 2* with CB ,and the agent couldn’t even verify my income yet. So , no , I don’t like this waiting game either.

Old 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM

48 posts, read 86,071 times
I have a question. If you do a credit review, what if your credit isn't high enough at the time? And if you do have 12 months of rent statements, it would need to be from where you are currently residing or your former residence? ( I know silly question but there's a reason.... what if you are staying with someone?)

Old 03-18-2024, 06:28 PM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuYAwkzFinest View Post
I have a question. If you do a credit review, what if your credit isn't high enough at the time? And if you do have 12 months of rent statements, it would need to be from where you are currently residing or your former residence? ( I know silly question but there's a reason.... what if you are staying with someone?)
search the forums and this answer has been answered many many times. look up the HPD marketing guide that helps clarify HPD Guidebook

In short, the credit score is not all they look at, a score over 580 means you won't have a secondary review, if a score is below 580 then they look at the total amount of delinquent debt. It should be below $5,000 in total, Medical debt or student loan debt isn't included in that.

If your score is below 580 and you have total current delinquent debt you're better off doing 12 months rent statements, residence should not matter, as long as you can prove that over the last 12 months, you made timely payments to whoever your landlord was.

If you have bad credit <580 and delinquent debt >$5,000 and don't have 12 months' proven rental history payments you're going to be SOL

Old 03-18-2024, 06:39 PM

48 posts, read 86,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
search the forums and this answer has been answered many many times. look up the HPD marketing guide that helps clarify HPD Guidebook

In short, the credit score is not all they look at, a score over 580 means you won't have a secondary review, if a score is below 580 then they look at the total amount of delinquent debt. It should be below $5,000 in total, Medical debt or student loan debt isn't included in that.

If your score is below 580 and you have total current delinquent debt you're better off doing 12 months rent statements, residence should not matter, as long as you can prove that over the last 12 months, you made timely payments to whoever your landlord was.

If you have bad credit <580 and delinquent debt >$5,000 and don't have 12 months' proven rental history payments you're going to be SOL

Thanks so much

Old 03-18-2024, 06:45 PM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuYAwkzFinest View Post
Thanks so much
Good luck,

If you can feel free to share your application info on this spreadsheet we have created to follow the progress.

Have you already toured the apartments ? and if yes how did you like the units

http://tinyurl.com/505-State-Street

Old 03-19-2024, 11:38 AM

36 posts, read 20,220 times
Still no updates from the agency for viewings. Anyone in the CB heard anything?

Old 03-19-2024, 05:05 PM

193 posts, read 104,138 times
i have a log number of 1XX with ME pref and have not been called.. what gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery