Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2024, 08:36 AM

20 posts, read 9,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
They are in CB, however, they are telling me just a notarized letter from the former leaseholder and his bills are not enough proof to prove my CB residency.

They are asking a copy of my former roomate's lease, which he claims he doesn't have. I called the landlord and she hung up on me as well.

This is good!! Draft a letter, send to the leaseholder and tell them to notarized on https://www.notarize.com/ in couple minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 09:19 AM

28 posts, read 13,393 times
I've already provided them with a notarized letter from my previous roommate/leaseholder along with his utility bills, yet the marketing agent insists it's insufficient. They're now requesting a copy of his lease, which unfortunately he doesn't seem to possess. It's frustrating that my marketing agent didn't initially mention the need for a lease when I provided all other relevant documentation. Now, they're implying that this could become my problem, even suggesting the possibility of relocating me from CB and placing me in general population.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:09 PM

I think now I am verified for CB.

Old 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikangel View Post
I think now I am verified for CB.
that is phenomenal news,

woop woop / hope you get to sign the unit if you are interested in pursuing it. Thought you didn't like it enough to move forward. If you are going with it hope it happens soon !!!!

Old 03-27-2024, 03:34 PM

42 posts, read 28,652 times
I was lucky enough to tour, and ended up not moving forward with it. My partner has a year left on his lease, and we plan to live together, but I did not feel there was enough space in the one-bedroom for both of us. Onto the next!

Old 03-27-2024, 03:41 PM

36 posts, read 20,220 times
We just signed the TIC. Now waiting HPD approval for 1bd.

Old 03-27-2024, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorton View Post
I was lucky enough to tour, and ended up not moving forward with it. My partner has a year left on his lease, and we plan to live together, but I did not feel there was enough space in the one-bedroom for both of us. Onto the next!
the video def looks like its a studio with a wall separating the sleeping space, you can make it work if you like the location and transit access but if you have a more comfortable/spacious setup it can be a hard choice. I would take it if i was offered it as my current living situation isn't the best but many other people can have it better than me and it will be a hard choice to make.

honestly no idea what the amenities will be like as everything is CGI and very unreal-looking and dont think anybody has been able to tour any of the amenities

Old 03-27-2024, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
That's awesome, You're def one of the first ones to do so and share it.

Did the agent give you a timeline and when you could move in etc?

Old 03-27-2024, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
wooohoooo!

congrats guys!

Old 03-27-2024, 05:24 PM

20 posts, read 9,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
That's awesome, You're def one of the first ones to do so and share it.

Did the agent give you a timeline and when you could move in etc?
april 15 move in date if hpd approves..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery