Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2024, 01:52 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm42 View Post
Does anyone have a number to the marketing agency? I believe I qualify with my updated income info from my 2023 W2 with 4** log number with ME preference. Thanks in advance.
See: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...-guidebook.pdf

It can be a very long time before a log number is selected (if it is at all) and applicant is contacted to submit information regarding eligibility. What current information is supplied at that time of request determines eligibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2024, 05:11 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm42 View Post
Just to clarify, my application updates automatically with my updated info as well? How do you feel about my chances for 100% AMI?
Correct, if you update your profile/household info it will populate in each application that hasn't been reached yet.

Your chances are pretty good, but as mentioned, it can take a while. I live near this building and it is no where near done, my guess is people won't be able to move in until at least summer. Waiting months is not uncommon and doesn't mean you didn't qualify or there is some issue, this process just takes time. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2024, 06:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,451 times
Has anyone moved in yet?

Old 01-27-2024, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHousingRo View Post
Has anyone moved in yet?
Looks like they've started advertising apartments (MR), with soonest start dates in April:
April: https://streeteasy.com/building/505-...tal&showcase=1
June: https://streeteasy.com/building/505-...t-brooklyn/37a

I highly doubt people have moved in. I can see the building from my building and they still have a hole in the side all the way up and a construction elevator still on the outside. The building is not finished, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the start dates get pushed back.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:36 AM

36 posts, read 20,418 times
Documents still under review. Anyone got an update on their application?

Old 01-29-2024, 03:57 PM

531 posts, read 412,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanses View Post
The column and the ceiling are raw concrete because they haven't finished the work. You can tell because the sink is sitting in the middle of the room, facing the wrong direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Looks like they've started advertising apartments (MR), with soonest start dates in April:
April: https://streeteasy.com/building/505-...tal&showcase=1
June: https://streeteasy.com/building/505-...t-brooklyn/37a

I highly doubt people have moved in. I can see the building from my building and they still have a hole in the side all the way up and a construction elevator still on the outside. The building is not finished, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the start dates get pushed back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
Documents still under review. Anyone got an update on their application?
I am hoping for the construction to wrap up enough, My guess is this building will complete in stages like most large developments.

The developer will get a TCO(temporary certificate of occupancy) and will be leasing units from the ground up, I imagine most of the lottery units will be on the lower floors and will be ready for leasing sooner than the higher up market rate units.

If what the marketing agency is anticipating for March move ins, my guess is that most lottery rate units are 15th floor and below, one article had said they toured the 3 bed lottery unit on the 15th floor etc.

If I am going to be considered for making this my home (already putting out my claims and good vibes of calling this place home) I'd love to move in and settle in soon as I have had quite a horrible year with my past landlord and super looking forward to look beyond and to new future and opportunities.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:12 PM

36 posts, read 20,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I am hoping for the construction to wrap up enough, My guess is this building will complete in stages like most large developments.

The developer will get a TCO(temporary certificate of occupancy) and will be leasing units from the ground up, I imagine most of the lottery units will be on the lower floors and will be ready for leasing sooner than the higher up market rate units.

If what the marketing agency is anticipating for March move ins, my guess is that most lottery rate units are 15th floor and below, one article had said they toured the 3 bed lottery unit on the 15th floor etc.

If I am going to be considered for making this my home (already putting out my claims and good vibes of calling this place home) I'd love to move in and settle in soon as I have had quite a horrible year with my past landlord and super looking forward to look beyond and to new future and opportunities.
Thanks for the info, this makes sense.

Do you know which article talked about touring the 3bd in this building?

Have you submitted your docs yet?

Old 01-29-2024, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofilikofili View Post
Thanks for the info, this makes sense.

Do you know which article talked about touring the 3bd in this building?

Have you submitted your docs yet?
Yes I submitted docs last a couple days ago.

This is the article that talks about touring the affordable 3 bedroom apartment on the 15th floor

The article has a video attached to it where you can actually see the footage of the unit in discussion

I dont see your name in the tracker I created for this lottery, are you on it on a different name ?

http://tinyurl.com/505-State-Street

Old 01-29-2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post

Yeah, the April move in MR is only on the 4th floor. They do typically go bottom up. That said, it is typical for MR units to start to be rented before lottery units. We will just have to see.

As to the location of the units, there is no reason to believe the lottery units will be confined to lower floors. There are many examples of similar lottery buildings where the lottery units are rather select "lines" or layouts, all the way up the building (ie. 1208-3208 are all affordable 1brs with the same layout). Also other examples where lottery units are spread all over the building.

We'll just have to see how they do things but, again, from looking at the building, it is not near finished. Delays are also very common. I still expect move-ins to start late spring at the earliest, or summer.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yeah, the April move in MR is only on the 4th floor. They do typically go bottom up. That said, it is typical for MR units to start to be rented before lottery units. We will just have to see.

As to the location of the units, there is no reason to believe the lottery units will be confined to lower floors. There are many examples of similar lottery buildings where the lottery units are rather select "lines" or layouts, all the way up the building (ie. 1208-3208 are all affordable 1brs with the same layout). Also other examples where lottery units are spread all over the building.

We'll just have to see how they do things but, again, from looking at the building, it is not near finished. Delays are also very common. I still expect move-ins to start late spring at the earliest, or summer.
Dang, you could be right but I hope you’re wrong.

The affordable unit on the 15th floor was ready in October 2023 where the video was shot. So here is hoping for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery