Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 03:52 PM

576 posts, read 1,548,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongyung View Post
Question, I want to have a parking spot. Is there a list that I have to put my name on? If yes, can I do it now? In the management office? Thank you.
Hey I'm pretty sure you'd have to actually have been approved for an apt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 05:40 PM

329 posts, read 682,959 times
I agree with meemsone. Just because you on a list doesn't mean that you will qualify for an apartment. Besides what would happen if you get a parking space and not the apartment?

Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 PM

82 posts, read 174,241 times
Thanks for the info. So, I have to wait for the parking spot after I get the apartment. I hope the parking list is short.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:16 PM

82 posts, read 174,241 times
Does anyone knows about the housing lottery in Harlem? Where in Harlem? Is there safe living there? Thanks

Old 12-08-2014, 01:52 PM

30 posts, read 45,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Welcome Wong,
Please feel free to post any information that you might find out or questions that you Nat have. There are a number of us on this thread waiting for an apartment. We try to keep each other updated.

Wanting_to_move
I am on the one bedroom waiting list. Do any of the one bedroom apartments have a terrace/balcony? How long is the wait for parking? How much does parking cost?

Old 12-08-2014, 04:38 PM

Hello Bronxvet,

I'm not 100 % sure how it works. But I was told that you get that choice is given to you. I do know that there a price different between the two. How far are you on the list?

Old 12-08-2014, 04:40 PM

By the way thanks for the reputation points. Not sure who gave then to me.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Hello Bronxvet,

I'm not 100 % sure how it works. But I was told that you get that choice is given to you. I do know that there a price different between the two. How far are you on the list?
My # is in the 140's. i am a vet. i saw a couple of apartments. they were large with great closet space. bathroom clean and neat but not renovated. the apartments were very clean and just painted. unfortunately i filed taxes last year at a home i lost in foreclosure and not where i am living in the bronx. i was told to come back next year after i file taxes at bronx address. i am not sure if my application will then be processed with veterans preference or based on my list #.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Hi Bronxvet, Thanks Sharing!
I've never seen an apartment glad its nice and clean. Do you know if you are allowed to make renovations? You should call and see where your applications stands my understanding is that veterens have priority before anyone else.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Hi Bronxvet, Thanks Sharing!
I've never seen an apartment glad its nice and clean. Do you know if you are allowed to make renovations? You should call and see where your applications stands my understanding is that veterens have priority before anyone else.
I am not sure about renovations. I did not ask? i was called when an apartment became available while they were working through the veterans. I submitted all documents and had a home visit but was asked to come back in 2015 after filing taxes and so i will as soon as i can. The ladies working in the office were friendly and helpful and busy so i will wait until i go back with my tax returns to ask about renovations and if my application will be processed with veterans preference or by the #. I sure everyone who gets an apartment will be happy living here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery