Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,209 times

Advertisements

i have been fringer printed for the military and my work and a couple of diff states to be allowed to a carry a handgun concealed on my body and each time i was fringer printered i have to produce a birth certificate and social security card my drivers lics my sheriff card for those in Neveda will understand that card to get my state issused CCW card ..

plus i do belive we should have a national i.d card for use to use and get it done with this way if you here illegal and they enter you social security number and it comes up that number has 14 people allready on the number then guess what you going to have to do so explaining to the people who issused it ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:37 AM

527 posts, read 1,019,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
i have been fringer printed for the military and my work and a couple of diff states to be allowed to a carry a handgun concealed on my body and each time i was fringer printered i have to produce a birth certificate and social security card my drivers lics my sheriff card for those in Neveda will understand that card to get my state issused CCW card ..

plus i do belive we should have a national i.d card for use to use and get it done with this way if you here illegal and they enter you social security number and it comes up that number has 14 people allready on the number then guess what you going to have to do so explaining to the people who issused it ..
^^^YES TO THIS^^^^

I cant rep you enough!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:45 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
How many people in New York actually carry their "papers" while out on the street? I know I don't. Unless you drive you have a driver's license, and most people here don't drive.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:48 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
that why i find it funny that you people get up in arms when they are stopped and searched by the police but when they someone start asking about someone status about beening in the US and everyone jumps and starts waveing there arms about you can not do that that illegal ..

they broke the law and came into this county by breaking the law and not going through the propler channels to come here legally and now everyone is going you searching my bag but do not ask the guy or girl who barely speak a word of english when you stoping them about there status ..

ask if i could go into any other country and not get me sent right back to the states if i break the laws of the another country or i get jail time for breaking there laws about going into the country illegally
I totally agree.
When my bag is search by the police I feel insulted because Illegals get special treatment.

Why is my bag being search? when you have someone who is a citizen of another country breaking our law.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
How many people in New York actually carry their "papers" while out on the street? I know I don't. Unless you drive you have a driver's license, and most people here don't drive.
I carry my ID everday

Old 11-24-2010, 11:57 AM

here is the problem

if you can not answer the basic question i have to ask you in english then if i have to go to another langauge to get my answer ..then it put me in the mind track of the folllowing ways of thinking

1-tourist and if the person is that i give them a lot of leeway in the area of speaking the langauge for i want them to have a great time and come back again ..

2-person who just came to here and has begun to learn english

3-illegal who been here long enough to know the langauage but will not speak it and force me to learn his langauge to get answer ..which in my book is b.s.

i work with a couple of people who been here now for over 20 years but yet they will not speak english to me when asking them something ..so when i took them to the h.r. office and sit them down and explain to them that speaking english is part of the job reguirements for working for us and then i get hit with the socalled iam a rasict label for i will not put up with the me no habla english crud that they pull ..the next day all the ones who where not speaking english could speak pretty good english when they found out they could lose there jobs over not speaking english ..but they try to pull on the new people that they do not speak english crud on them

but after talking to the person in that quick interview i can move on with the next set of question or not ..if the person make me think that they are here illegally then i need to find out there status and get them taken care of as need area..

belive me when i have been to the big apple and had my bag search the couple of times i have been there when i open my mouth up and speak the guys goes where you from the western states ..for i do not have the socalled big apple way of speech and a good officer should key in on the person speech patterns and how they speak ..

Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:

i have five diff sets of id on me at all times

-1-state of Ca drivers lics

-2-state of Utah i.d.card

-3-U.S passport card for border crossing as it need

-4-Social Security card

-5-Neveda Sheriff card

-6-diff state issuse CCW card

Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,425 times
lol at thread

Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:
i have five diff sets of id on me at all times

-1-state of Ca drivers lics

-2-state of Utah i.d.card

-3-U.S passport card for border crossing as it need

-4-Social Security card

-5-Neveda Sheriff card

-6-diff state issuse CCW card
Then you are not from New York.

I'd guess as much as 50% of New Yorkers don't carry their id at all times (SS, driver's license, passport).

Old 11-24-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Then you are not from New York.

I'd guess as much as 50% of New Yorkers don't carry their id at all times (SS, driver's license, passport).
because of the work i do i travel a lot so it pretty funny when they ask for another form of id and you start breaking out the other i,d cards and they go ok i belive it you ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City