Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:32 PM

581 posts, read 1,243,783 times

Advertisements

What ID would a natural born US citizen carry?..likewise a naturalized citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 06:40 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
that why i find it funny that you people get up in arms when they are stopped and searched by the police but when they someone start asking about someone status about beening in the US and everyone jumps and starts waveing there arms about you can not do that that illegal ..

they broke the law and came into this county by breaking the law and not going through the propler channels to come here legally and now everyone is going you searching my bag but do not ask the guy or girl who barely speak a word of english when you stoping them about there status ..

ask if i could go into any other country and not get me sent right back to the states if i break the laws of the another country or i get jail time for breaking there laws about going into the country illegally
Is English your first language?

Those sentences are actually quite hard to read.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:01 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
What ID would a natural born US citizen carry?..likewise a naturalized citizen?
A Passport Card.

U.S. Passport Card

Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We are a nation of laws.
A nation of immigrant applies to every western country.
If you don't like people asking your status then you leave this country.

What does Germany have to do with enforcing a countries law & protecting American citizens?

ID's should be carried at all times.
You carry an ID when driving, cashing a check. (This is for Americans)
Why should foreigners get special treatment?
Actually you are not required to carry your ID at all times. Only if you are driving or buying alcohol and such. So if a cop ask you. May I see your ID. You tell him politely, I have the right not to show it to you, or I have the right not to carry my ID. However if the cop finds probable cause. Then you should show him your ID.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
You still need to show ID to a cop if he stops you.

You must carry your ID, insurance when driving.
If you cash your check at a check cashing you need your ID.
Even entering a federal building.

Why must my bag be checked? I am an American.

If they want to check bags then let them Check to see who is lawfully in this country legally.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
All American you consistently pose bad questions on these threads, then make-up stuff to support it and/or speak like the "true Sarah Palin American" you are. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY ID IN THE US. If a cop stops you and you don't have ID...you say NO I DO NOT HAVE ID. You will not be fined, and life goes on.

You do have to carry your ID and insurance when operating a motor vehicle (need a certification to operate a vehicle), but don't need either when walking. See the difference? You need ID to cash a check (financial transaction), but not to play in the park. See the difference? Two are regulated by the government, the others are called FREEDOM. If it were up to you, we should all have our "papers" when sitting in the park and be required to produce them on-demand at any time "or else". Now where else did they do that? Hmm...sometimes you want America, and then sometimes you don't..which is it?

Your bag must be checked because other "real Americans" like you are busy plotting against the US..like Timothy McVeigh who took down the Oklahoma City building. In case you haven't noticed, the bulk of crime in the US is committed by red-blooded Americans like yourself...so Americans should get the most attention, not the least.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM

160 posts, read 1,679,140 times
Quote:
You still need to show ID to a cop if he stops you.

You must carry your ID, insurance when driving.
If you cash your check at a check cashing you need your ID.
Even entering a federal building.

Why must my bag be checked? I am an American.

If they want to check bags then let them Check to see who is lawfully in this country legally.
seriously, you talk like a machine for the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
All American you consistently pose bad questions on these threads, then make-up stuff to support it and/or speak like the "true Sarah Palin American" you are. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY ID IN THE US. If a cop stops you and you don't have ID...you say NO I DO NOT HAVE ID. You will not be fined, and life goes on.

You do have to carry your ID and insurance when operating a motor vehicle (need a certification to operate a vehicle), but don't need either when walking. See the difference? You need ID to cash a check (financial transaction), but not to play in the park. See the difference? Two are regulated by the government, the others are called FREEDOM. If it were up to you, we should all have our "papers" when sitting in the park and be required to produce them on-demand at any time "or else". Now where else did they do that? Hmm...sometimes you want America, and then sometimes you don't..which is it?

Your bag must be checked because other "real Americans" like you are busy plotting against the US..like Timothy McVeigh who took down the Oklahoma City building. In case you haven't noticed, the bulk of crime in the US is committed by red-blooded Americans like yourself...so Americans should get the most attention, not the least.
this. but he won't listen.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,429 times
Quote:
Why in NY the NYPD is allowed to check bags but not ask someone for their immigrant papers?

Isn't that a concern as well?
The very simple answer would be because NYC is considered a Sanctuary City.

Sanctuary city, sanctuary, sanctuary city list, Ohio, jobs, OJJPAC, list, justice, soverignty, citizenship, illegal alien, immigration, amnesty, sanctuary cities, undocumented, ICE, NYC, IIRIRA, Huston, Chicago, Phoenix, L.A., Salvi, Steve Salvi

Old 11-30-2010, 07:30 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:

who are you trying to cover up for?
Who are you trying to protect?

If they can check my bag then they should check for people who do not belong in this country.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Quote:
I am not sure about here, but in Ohio if you get pulled over and you do not have your license card you have 24 hours to produce it. There is a box on the ticket that they can check that says "ID not on person".

Not sure about NY since I don't drive here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City