Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,688 times

Advertisements

IDs are required to get into any bar or club, and even some restaurants after a certain time of night. Even when purchasing alcohol at your local store. ID

None of us drive on a regular basis, but if we did, we’d be required to have that ID with us whenever operating a vehicle.

If we didn’t have an ID on us, we wouldn’t be able to do things like pick up packages at the mailbox store, cash checks at the bank, sign up for a gym membership, or do any of the other random things we do frequently here.

I refuse to let NYPD check my bag if they don't check someone illegal status
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,343 times
All American you ask who am I trying to protect? The answer is you, me, and every other person who lives in this country and our rights.

And again you continue to make up rules and state things that are NOT TRUE to support a faulty argument. ID is not required to get into any bar or club...if you look over 30 you rarely get asked for ID, and if you are old who asks for ID? It is good to have ID, but you are oftentimes not asked. But seeing as you are young, you would not know this and believe you need ID. Same applies for alcohol/cigarettes, etc...when you get a little older, you'll understand this and much more.

Please stop using the driving example..it does not apply for the reasons I have already stated. You keep repeating things that don't make sense. If you had more life experience you would realize how poor and illogical your arguments and examples are.

If you would like to refuse the NYPD to check your bag because they are not checking someone's citizenship....go for it. But please stop posting pointless questions and silly arguments on these forums.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 AM

527 posts, read 1,019,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
IDs are required to get into any bar or club, and even some restaurants after a certain time of night. Even when purchasing alcohol at your local store. ID

None of us drive on a regular basis, but if we did, we’d be required to have that ID with us whenever operating a vehicle.

If we didn’t have an ID on us, we wouldn’t be able to do things like pick up packages at the mailbox store, cash checks at the bank, sign up for a gym membership, or do any of the other random things we do frequently here.

I totally agree with you on this 100% (So do many people)

Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Yes..and they all enjoy Fox "News". Jack you are welcome to walk around with 15 forms of ID, cover yourself with american flags, sing the national anthem whenever you are outside, and paint your house red, white and blue so that nobody will ever ask you whether you are a US citizen or a "real" American.

However, most people don't want to be required to produce "proof" of citizenship on demand 24/7 just for walking to the mailbox, lest they be subject to fine/arrest/harassment or worse. Most people don't want to be questioned by anyone to produce their child's "proof" of citizenship as they are playing in the park, lest protective services be called.

That is not the America anyone wants except the fear mongers/race-baiters/and those who of course watch Fox "News."

Old 12-01-2010, 08:55 AM

160 posts, read 1,679,204 times
Quote:
who are you trying to cover up for?
Who are you trying to protect?

If they can check my bag then they should check for people who do not belong in this country.
Checking bags could mean the difference between life and death. Having a green card won't stop a murderer. You think to much like a nativist. Most importantly, who are you to say who can stand on this land?

Quote:
now your being silly.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 AM

412 posts, read 1,326,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Checking bags could mean the difference between life and death. Having a green card won't stop a murderer. You think to much like a nativist. Most importantly, who are you to say who can stand on this land?

now your being silly.

Maybe he should move to Arizona..

Old 12-01-2010, 11:36 AM

I totally get that we are a nation of laws, and they should be followed. Ultimately the problem I have is this: Illegal immigration into the US has always occurred, and is nothing new. What is new is the fact that US companies are luring them in record numbers, and in some cases busing them in to work in the US.

So instead of cracking down on the vast numbers of employers who are encouraging immigrants to illegally enter the US for promised jobs, employers who are circumventing and ignoring our immigration system, employers who are exploiting these workers for record profits, employers who are not providing them benefits and ultimately making their healthcare and everything else the taxpayers responsibility, employers who are deducting taxes from their check but keeping it for themselves, and employers who are hiring illegals versus citizens to increase profits and destroy the American way of life, people are blaming the immigrants and scapegoating them.

They are not the problem, they are a symptom of the exploitation for corporate profits at the expense of the American way of life. So if you want to have a serious discussion about illegal immigration, one must focus on the cause, not the symptom, of illegal immigration.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Yes..and they all enjoy Fox "News". Jack you are welcome to walk around with 15 forms of ID, cover yourself with american flags, sing the national anthem whenever you are outside, and paint your house red, white and blue so that nobody will ever ask you whether you are a US citizen or a "real" American.

However, most people don't want to be required to produce "proof" of citizenship on demand 24/7 just for walking to the mailbox, lest they be subject to fine/arrest/harassment or worse. Most people don't want to be questioned by anyone to produce their child's "proof" of citizenship as they are playing in the park, lest protective services be called.

That is not the America anyone wants except the fear mongers/race-baiters/and those who of course watch Fox "News."
I dont watch fox news and I am talking about everyday people, Sobro, I have had these back and forths with you quite often it seems on these boards, again my name is Jacki I am a woman not a man, and no you do not know me so quit trying to categorize me and my opinions thank you very much. This is America and if you are not here legally you need to get out plain and simple. My Opinion is the cops should be allowed to ask for documentation I would have no problem with it- you might, and that is your right to have that opinion just as I have mine.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM

jacki if you are interested in solving the illegal immigration problem, you would go after the employers, not illegal aliens. You would penalize employers, not surrender your own rights and freedoms.

You are focused on the symptom, not the problem, and then you try to cure it with something that makes it worse, taking away your own rights and freedoms. You are allowing corporations to reap massive profits at the expense of our lifestyle, ignore our immigration system, exploit immigrants, burden the tax payer with illegal immigrants because corporations bring them in and provide nothing for them, and your answer is to strip away your own freedoms and live under a regime where you must have papers and cops interrogate you "randomly."

Instead of just simply going after the problem: EMPLOYERS.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:27 PM

I am all for going after the employers as well (look at that we agreed on something ) I also see alot of illegals coming here that do NOT work but they get a whole lot of crap handed to them and that disgusts me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City