Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times

Advertisements

@ andez numbers say your precincts been much more quiet this year as opposed to last year... I also have friends that live in the area and they tell me its been much quieter this year as opposed to last year... @ sobroguy, to be fair, it is stereotyping but I can see how in NYC where the majority of the perpetrators in crime are black and hispanic that if you large groups of black and hispanic youth running around the streets it could give you a bad feeling...

That being said... I do agree in the sense that it is ridiculous to think that simply because you see groups of kids hanging around in the streets, that should make you think that the neighborhood is a complete hellhole... cause if this were a group of white kids roaming the streets, nothing would be said...

Old 06-02-2011, 03:26 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
That will no doubt do it...you were a girl who is even remotely attractive...you will get alot more attention and it is unnerving.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:10 PM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
One thing is for sure, if you are a 20 year old black adult and acting like scum on the streets they will still call you a "youth". Rarely do we see this kind of infantile treatment except for those of lower-income black communities.

20-year-old man charged in caught-on-camera rampage at Dunkin' Donuts

Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 PM

556 posts, read 1,446,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
Oh, I know congested. Manhattan is congested... washington heights is congested... this was more than congested. This was all young black/hispanic kids walking around in groups of 5-10 on every block. I saw a good amount with their beads out too.
I used to hang out around 191st and Wadsworth. Thats congested. You feel stuck in a canyon.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 AM

383 posts, read 1,316,135 times
i know Yonkers isn't the apart of NYC, but i have a cousin who he and his girl moved to Park Hills in Yonkers from Abor Hill Albany(i know he moved from one hood to another don't ask me why). Hes been there for like two months now, and he saids its crazy up there.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Hundreds of guns turned over to NYPD during gun buyback drive in Bronx

There was a gun buyback program going on in the Bronx. It looks like hundreds of guns have been turned over to churches in conjunction with the NYPD. I wonder if all these churches were all Baptists or any other protestant denomination?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
Sheepshead bay had 3 more murders from the week of 5/23-5/29 moving the total to 9 this year as opposed to 2 this time last year and 6 overall last year... and while it only has had a minimal increase in the amount of overall crime from this year to last year, the three violent crime categories in murders, rapes, and felony assaults have all increased by at least 50%...

Here are the murder stories for that week:
Sheepshead Bay: Couple Slain In Double Homicide; Another Man Wounded : Flatbush Scoop Police are looking for a motive... but it looks like another random act of violence in this precinct...

I couldn't find a news article that speak about the other murder but here's an article that was posted on May 31st, 2011 discussing the random spike in murders for this precinct...
Police Report 450-Percent Hike In 61st Precinct Murders : Flatbush Scoop

According to the chair of the community boards, they believe these are all isolated incidents and I believe that for the most part that is true but it doesn't explain the increase in the overall violent crime rate for this precinct and it's just odd that out of all precincts, this one which has never really been a heavy crime or murder area is only one behind the highest murder total for a precinct which is a two way tie between the 73rd precinct in Brownsville, Brooklyn and the 40th precinct in Mott Haven...

On the flipside Rosedale which has traditionally been one of the more crime ridden middle class areas in Queens has had a dramatic decrease in crime... hasn't recorded a murder yet as opposed to this point last year when it had 8 murders... I know we see many ups and downs in crime statistics but these two precincts are two of the most notable ones... weird stuff...

Last edited by anon1; 06-06-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM

383 posts, read 1,316,135 times
ok so like i told you guys i went to vist my brother this past sunday. While i was there you know i was asking whats been goin on in the area and he said that its honestly a build up out there. He broke it down for me like this, hes saying everyone right now up North BX is on that grind for now its mostly about making that money, and when your in that mood your just doin you tryin to make that bread. My brother did tell me that sling rock is gettin crazy over there, which means within that that process toe are gunna get stepped on and Gang violence is gettin get crazy again. Hes sure this summers gunna be crazy up there. He did say its hard to believe that North BX is the most improved in NYC, he said if thats true then the city must be getting worst then he thought, he said gun play is still loud in the willambridge area, he said the only thing thats calm down for now is the murders, but people getting shot and stabed, etc is still avg. Again though my brother believes this summer will be bad for the north bx. Yes it is his opinion, but remember he lives there and this is stuff hes been observing.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Is that comment a joke or was that written seriously? Can you translate it in english? Come on now! I really hope you are 12 and a drop out...otherwise you should get off city-data and head straight to the library. You need to step it up BK, cuz right now you are being written off as a dummy on here.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
ok so like i told you guys i went to vist my brother this past sunday. While i was there you know i was asking whats been goin on in the area and he said that its honestly a build up out there. He broke it down for me like this, hes saying everyone right now up North BX is on that grind for now its mostly about making that money, and when your in that mood your just doin you tryin to make that bread. My brother did tell me that sling rock is gettin crazy over there, which means within that that process toe are gunna get stepped on and Gang violence is gettin get crazy again. Hes sure this summers gunna be crazy up there. He did say its hard to believe that North BX is the most improved in NYC, he said if thats true then the city must be getting worst then he thought, he said gun play is still loud in the willambridge area, he said the only thing thats calm down for now is the murders, but people getting shot and stabed, etc is still avg. Again though my brother believes this summer will be bad for the north bx. Yes it is his opinion, but remember he lives there and this is stuff hes been observing.
Sounds just like Washington Heights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City