Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 AM

478 posts, read 773,734 times

Advertisements

Just checked the NY State Park website. There's a bigger NYS presence in the city than I thought.

Clay Pit Ponds -- S.I.
East River -- Williamsburg
FDR Four Freedoms -- Roosevelt I.
Gantry Plaza -- L.I.C.
Hudson River -- Manh.
Roberto Clemente -- Bx.

I may have overlooked one or two.
They must require some state police staffing, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,218 times
Saw a NY trooper in a marked Ford Taurus running radar on the Henry Hudson bridge from the Bronx into Manhattan this afternoon

Old 03-25-2017, 07:10 AM

4 posts, read 6,447 times
Starting this year, a huge increase in presence in North East Queens. I saw one harrass someone waiting for a parking spot on a street in Whitestone, and pull a few people over on the Cross Island. Had never seen this before the new year.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:16 AM

106,654 posts, read 108,790,719 times
we see them almost daily by the throgs neck and cross island .

''The state will also deploy 150 State Troopers beginning in January at MTA bridges and tunnels to enhance security at key checkpoints, bolster counter-terrorism efforts and hold scofflaws accountable. "

Old 03-25-2017, 07:27 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Interesting thread revival. Just pointed out to my husband last week that I've seen state troopers more often on the Belt Parkway.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
I saw state trooper at world Trade Center, and state trooper at Grand Central.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:42 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I saw state trooper at world Trade Center, and state trooper at Grand Central.
They have heavy presence in Upstate and Western NY they out for blood too. Never saw state troopers in NYC area

Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt Politician View Post
In New York State, if you go to anywhere but NYC, a state trooper isn't too hard to find. In my 18 years of living in this city (14 of them having full memory of) I've not once seen a state trooper here. I've seen NYC sheriff cars a few times but thats about it.

According to the official website, there are indeed troopers stationed here. I also found a picture of a state Trooper, however the article notes it's a Troop L car, which covers long Island. NYC is it's own troop.

So it bugs me that while they claim to have troopers here, I've never seen one. Have any of you ever seen one? Thoughts, reactions?
This is an old post but the OP brought up something that used to be a pet peeve of mine when I lived in Queens.

I mean people in Queens pay New York State taxes but it seemed like we do not get as many state services, notably the State police as well as state run parkways and even that many state parks. I am not sure why that is or even if it makes that much of a difference but it is something I noticed.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
They have heavy presence in Upstate and Western NY they out for blood too. Never saw state troopers in NYC area
NYS Troopers has a police precinct on Randall's Island. That Precinct is in charge of NYC command for State Troopers. Also go to the city office of OEM. You will see state police car parked outside. Why? State Police, NYPD, MTAPD, PAPD all have to work together to counter terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkO7vzysTA

These guys do have a presence in NYC. NYC is way too over policed. NYPD is only the tip of the ice burg. , Sanitation Police Department, Sheriffs Department, Environmental Police Department. That's within the city alone. Than you have the state authority police departments such as, the Port Authority Police Department, MTA Police Department Ent. TLC Police Department. Than their are State police like the troopers, Court Officers. Than Federal agencies here in NYC like FBI, DEA, ATF, Homeland Security Officers doing patrols. With more and more private sector employers dropping benefits like a hot potato these days. More and more people will go into policing only for the benefits.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-25-2017 at 03:49 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 06:21 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,664 times
Saw three different staties today on the BX.

One marked Impala assisting an accident on the RFK Bridge, and one parked at the tolls to the bridge. Saw a marked Statie suburban traveling north on 87 in the Bronx.

I usually see marked Crown Vic's at or near the overpass to the GSP in Astoria approaching the RFK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City