Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 08:02 AM

15 posts, read 49,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flykite30 View Post
Did you finish everything? What exam number are you? Maybe you'll be going in this next class
I'm 3323, and yes done everything. Been at 3 orientations, and two mini Medicals, also 3 JST's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 01:40 AM

32 posts, read 94,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SID_718 View Post
I'm confused at this point ......
They have to update our info every 6 months until we make it into an academy class. It's just part of the process :/

Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 22,702 times
I just gt a letter in the mail to report to 1pp this coming Saturday. I'm exam #3326 I'm going for interview. How does the process take off from here? How long after interview is the medical and psych? Little guidance would be helpful.

Old 09-20-2015, 01:55 PM

16 posts, read 54,292 times
I got a letter in the mail to report to 1PP this Saturday for School Safety Agent. I took exam 3326, and scored a 94. My list number is 65. My question, to which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer, is if I should submit a request to be restored to the list, or if should I go to the initial orientation? I'm asking, because I finally got called for the MTA and started work at the end of August, as a T/O. I'm currently on probation in School Car. Truthfully, I'm not really sure that I'm going to make it. There are tons of tests, written, practical etc, that you need to pass, and two signal tests that you HAVE to score 100 percent on, or you are out of a job. I don't want to lose an opportunity for potential employment though, and from what I've read on this forum, is that many people have gone multiple times and haven't gotten a job offer. So again, should I go to this Saturday, or should I just have my name restored to the list if it doesn't work out with the MTA. I would really appreciate some guidance as well.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianny79 View Post
I got a letter in the mail to report to 1PP this Saturday for School Safety Agent. I took exam 3326, and scored a 94. My list number is 65. My question, to which I hope someone will be kind enough to answer, is if I should submit a request to be restored to the list, or if should I go to the initial orientation? I'm asking, because I finally got called for the MTA and started work at the end of August, as a T/O. I'm currently on probation in School Car. Truthfully, I'm not really sure that I'm going to make it. There are tons of tests, written, practical etc, that you need to pass, and two signal tests that you HAVE to score 100 percent on, or you are out of a job. I don't want to lose an opportunity for potential employment though, and from what I've read on this forum, is that many people have gone multiple times and haven't gotten a job offer. So again, should I go to this Saturday, or should I just have my name restored to the list if it doesn't work out with the MTA. I would really appreciate some guidance as well.
The process has seemed to be long but it is your call on whether to go to 1PP for the initial interview and orientation. You can always just call and reschedule your interview for a day that you are off from your job so that you don't miss anything. The day of your initial interview they give appoint you a date to when to go to Lefrak for your medical and from there on you could again ask them to schedule your oral and written psycchological on a day that you are off from work.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiraz0609 View Post
I just gt a letter in the mail to report to 1pp this coming Saturday. I'm exam #3326 I'm going for interview. How does the process take off from here? How long after interview is the medical and psych? Little guidance would be helpful.
1. Initial interview at 1PP (show up early so that you don't have to last your whole day there.. It will feel like musical chairs.. You'll see what I mean when you get there)

2. At the end of your initial interview they give you a sheet of paper with the date and time to go to Lefrak for your medical/lots of paperwork. (Take a dry snack and water because they're not kidding. When they say you'll be there for 7 hours)

3.The day of your medical, at the end a lady calls you in to ask your availability dates to go for your oral & written psychological (they are on 2 different dates).

4. You can be scheduled for your JST any day. For this there is no certain order. It could be either before all of your paperwork is done or after you meet your investigator. .. You will be told more details about when to contact your investigator.. You'll most likely be assigned one person and then find out you've been assigned another person, months afterwards. Just be patient. They do know what they're doing and each investigator does try to push you into your class but it is not up to them who goes and when.

It's been a year since I started my process and am supposed to be in this October class (God willing since I missed this June class. Only 160 ppl went in from exam 3323). So be patient. What might get annoying is the having to go to 1PP to update your info like every 6 months but if you go early you should be out before the afternoon. Patience is key.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:10 PM

48 posts, read 131,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianny79 View Post
You had wait for the MTA long enough too and you are already hired, donnot say that your not going to make focus and do your job. Time goes fast. You can try to rescheduled for the Nypd is up to you but is going to be a long wait before they hired you.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:41 AM

Is the school safety academy same location as police ? Meaning you have to carpool to get there?

Old 09-21-2015, 11:44 AM

327 posts, read 705,005 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady9206 View Post
Is the school safety academy same location as police ? Meaning you have to carpool to get there?
yes

Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
yes
Can you carpool with cops or has to be school safety?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City