Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 05:23 PM

16 posts, read 54,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
You had wait for the MTA long enough too and you are already hired, donnot say that your not going to make focus and do your job. Time goes fast. You can try to rescheduled for the Nypd is up to you but is going to be a long wait before they hired you.
I hear you, friend. I'm not giving up, I'm just keeping my options open. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 05:27 PM

16 posts, read 54,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3324_Hopefuls View Post
The process has seemed to be long but it is your call on whether to go to 1PP for the initial interview and orientation. You can always just call and reschedule your interview for a day that you are off from your job so that you don't miss anything. The day of your initial interview they give appoint you a date to when to go to Lefrak for your medical and from there on you could again ask them to schedule your oral and written psycchological on a day that you are off from work.
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know what their policy is regarding blood pressure? I ask because mine is borderline.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:05 PM

32 posts, read 94,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianny79 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know what their policy is regarding blood pressure? I ask because mine is borderline.
About that I don't know but I'd say to just go and see what they say. They'll ask you questions about it after the officer takes your pressure if they think it's something serious. .

Old 09-25-2015, 01:57 AM

81 posts, read 181,550 times
Has anyone received any notification in the mail to either report for a Mini-Medical or JST? I know a Class goes in next month and I haven't heard anything.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkyankee79 View Post
Has anyone received any notification in the mail to either report for a Mini-Medical or JST? I know a Class goes in next month and I haven't heard anything.
It depends on when you went for yours last. The lady who reviewed my info got up and checked a clipboard on the stage, came back & told me I don't need to go again but that I am on the list for next month. I did my mini medical in June. The JST like in January. & haven't received any notice to retake it either & I've called to make sure I didn't lose any mail etc but scheduling told me I'm fine and to just wait. ... Was anyone else told they're in for Next month when you went to 1PP this month? (When the lady got up, I overheard them saying 6 of us were hires from the ones that were there the day I went 9/19. ) if anyone else here was told by them that they were on that list, have you gotten any other notices? Another little clue might've also been that the packet to fill out was way smaller than your first 2 times going to orientation. Mine was only 4 pages stapled together not including the green that was used to keep the documents together. ... If you still haven't gone to yours yet, take advantage of the info and ask the person who reviews your info if you're on the list to go into the upcoming class. (They are the ones who know this info since they work for dcas, not our investigators nor the agents who interview you at the beginning..)

Last edited by 3324_Hopefuls; 09-25-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 09-25-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady9206 View Post
Is the school safety academy same location as police ? Meaning you have to carpool to get there?
No, you don't have to necessarily carpool. I know I'm going to take public transportation till I maybe find someone on the same schedule and location as me. At 42nd street you can take the 7 to the last stop (Main Street) & there take a bus (I don't remember the name of it but it leaves you about a block away from the academy) you won't get lost because there will be other SSA's on it as well and the bus driver will tell you if not. try to go before you get the call so that you know your transportation options a little more. It's a bit scary having to depend on a carpool.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 PM

48 posts, read 131,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3324_Hopefuls View Post
No, you don't have to necessarily carpool. I know I'm going to take public transportation till I maybe find someone on the same schedule and location as me. At 42nd street you can take the 7 to the last stop (Main Street) & there take a bus (I don't remember the name of it but it leaves you about a block away from the academy) you won't get lost because there will be other SSA's on it as well and the bus driver will tell you if not. try to go before you get the call so that you know your transportation options a little more. It's a bit scary having to depend on a carpool.
after the 7 train you take the Q25 less than 1o min ride. i exam 3324 i took my first jst january 20 and the 2nd time in August

Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 AM

15 posts, read 49,061 times
Anyone got their mini medical letters? Class going in end of October.. Post here if you get a mini medical date

Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 AM

10 posts, read 20,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
Hello all,

It's been a long time since I posted in here but I'll give an update and offer some advice.

I've been on the job for a year now. I was supposed to make the June 2013 academy class but was held back due to missing paper work. I was called for the Oct 2013 class and graduated the academy in Feb 2014. I was placed out in the schools a week after.

The academy had its ups and downs. It had it moments where I was happy to be around friends that helped each other to make it thru and moments where I wanted to quit because of the pressure from instructors and officers. But I never gave up and never let the bad get to me. You will be working out at least 2 hours a day, studying a lot for exams and will come home very tired. You will have to put some of your social life on hold because you have to stay focused. The people in your life will have to understand. The ones who care about you the most will.

When you get out into the field and go into the schools you will hear tons of stories. Depending on where you will be placed some may be true and some may be false but the key is make sure you follow the law and do what you are told. You will be around people who been on the job for many years that are bitter and do things their way. Don't follow them! Do your job and stay positive. While the salary may not sound too great you will have the option to do some overtime. There's tons of overtime out here. Plus the salary is about to go up soon so there will be a lot of great changes soon.

I have my moments but I can honestly say that this job is cool. I'm currently in the process of leaving school safety to go to another division and about to start that academy soon so I will definitely say that this job is a great stepping stone. If anyone have any questions you can feel free to ask.

Good luck to all!
Hello mystic dreamer, I would like to know what was the schedule like when you were in the academy. Like the hours and the days please, just to have an idea. Also, what division are you transferring to as I plan to move up as well when I get hired. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:11 AM

10 posts, read 20,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady9206 View Post
Anyone got their mini medical letters? Class going in end of October.. Post here if you get a mini medical date
I did, I'm soppose to go on the 13th of October. Hopefully they'll tell me which date the academy starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City