Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times

Advertisements

People are not in denial. They're are just not going to accept that the 4th amendment applies to everyone else except them.

What's hypocritical is a white person who has the protection and privilege of their white skin who wants to lay down a line of pure B.S. Believe me you would feel completely different if you were the target of stop &frisk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
I know... Some people are in such denial about the facts and who are committing the crimes in this city. That's what's hypocritical these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
The two groups doing the most crime in this city, that's who. Black-on-Black crime is one the biggest crime generators around.
Yet do don't see any Black victims calling out for Stop and Frisk, do you? Don't pretend to speak for the victims, Mr. Riverdale and don't fake concern for them either.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:32 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,920,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yet do don't see any Black victims calling out for Stop and Frisk, do you? Don't pretend to speak for the victims, Mr. Riverdale and don't fake concern for them either.
Mr. Riverdale

Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM

268 posts, read 340,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
People are not in denial. They're are just not going to accept that the 4th amendment applies to everyone else except them.

What's hypocritical is a white person who has the protection and privilege of their white skin who wants to lay down a line of pure B.S. Believe me you would feel completely different if you were the target of stop &frisk.
That's funny because last I checked, White people are stopped as well, so how do you explain that?

Quote:
The two groups with the biggest problem with the program would speak out against it if they weren't so busy crying about false claims of racism and focusing on being productive members of society. If you're busy working and being a productive member of society, then Stop and Frisk isn't a problem at all. P.S. My name is Somewhere in Time here. Please don't refer to me out of context.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
That's funny because last I checked, White people are stopped as well, so how do you explain that?

The two groups with the biggest problem with the program would speak out against it if they weren't so busy crying about false claims of racism and focusing on being productive members of society. If you're busy working and being a productive member of society, then Stop and Frisk isn't a problem at all. P.S. My name is Somewhere in Time here. Please don't refer to me out of context.
Again, you speak for others, Mr. Riverdale, when they are perfectly speaking for themselves. If the Black victims of crime thought Stop and Frisk was helping them, they'd go out and say it. You're only mentioning them because you're making the claim stop and frisk is helping them. But it isn't or else they would come out and say it is. Until recently, no one could shut you up on how glorious Riverdale was, and how it wasn't apart of the Bronx. So why not own up to it, Mr. Riverdale?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:45 PM

420 posts, read 805,440 times
Quote:
Wherever you have this type of concentrated poverty, with this amount of non working people, you'll have lots of certain crimes. Stop and Frisk does NOTHING to stop that. I doubt you'll be moving to Brownsville any time soon.
Absolutely not true. In poor white areas/Jewish areas/Asian areas you do not see violent crime like you do in the black/Latino communities.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Again, you speak for others, Mr. Riverdale, when they are perfectly speaking for themselves. If the Black victims of crime thought Stop and Frisk was helping them, they'd go out and say it. You're only mentioning them because you're making the claim stop and frisk is helping them. But it isn't or else they would come out and say it is. Until recently, no one could shut you up on how glorious Riverdale was, and how it wasn't apart of the Bronx. So why not own up to it, Mr. Riverdale?
Maybe because my name is not Mr. Riverdale? I find your behavior to be rather immature too if I might add, but back to the topic at hand. Why would any group admit that Stop and Frisk works when they know that many members of their group are the ones responsible for most of the crime?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
Absolutely not true. In poor white areas/Jewish areas/Asian areas you do not see violent crime like you do in the black/Latino communities.
Even if true, Stop and Frisk still doesn't stop crime in Brownsville, does it?

The only way you'd reduce crime in Brownsville is to move the current residents out. But where would they find places to take all those people?

Stop and Frisk is just a big waste of time.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I concur 100%. P.S. Be careful about talking about Stop-and-Frisk. NYWriterdude may think that you're someone else.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:51 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,371 times
Are you a troll? Seriously?

I have to go to work and I have to come from work. I have to grocery shop. I have kids. I got stuff to do. I don't live in a bubble. The police don't know sh*t about me or what I do for a living. All they see is skin color and so yes it does affect me. It's funny when they look in my purse and see my work ID with the big letters RN they change up their funky attitude real quick. So all of that crap about the police won't bug you if you are productive and not looking a certain way is pure crap. They see black or brown they see a potential criminal.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City