Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 10:35 PM

402 posts, read 811,929 times

Advertisements

a person I know filed a complain against 2 police officers (not nyc) with IA, for roughing him up slighly years back over drinking in public or something when taking him in.. So, about a month or so later he runs into one of the cops with a different partner (a very big strong intimidating cop) so the cop who got the complain filled sicked the young cop on this guy and walked up and said I smell weed on you.. They cuffed him, put him in the car, took his shoes and dropped him off about 15 miles away in a pretty secluded area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
a person I know filed a complain against 2 police officers (not nyc) with IA, for roughing him up slighly years back over drinking in public or something when taking him in.. So, about a month or so later he runs into one of the cops with a different partner (a very big strong intimidating cop) so the cop who got the complain filled sicked the young cop on this guy and walked up and said I smell weed on you.. They cuffed him, put him in the car, took his shoes and dropped him off about 15 miles away in a pretty secluded area.
Does not change the fact that Stop and Frisks have gone way down, or that the number of NYPD on the beat have gone down as Bloomberg himself reduced the force.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
Pasties and a G-string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Maybe because it's more than one reason Mr. NyWriterdude.

No. Let me ask you something. Who commits the most crime in this city? Compare that to how often those groups are stopped and frisked with how much crime they commit and then come back to me.

You also show how various types of people are stopped. You mention them looking in your purse (I assume you're a female then?). Females generate a small amount of crime, but they are also stopped and frisked and I'm willing to bet that it's relative to the amount of crime they commit.

I would be curious in knowing how you are dressed and where you are when you're stopped and frisked.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM

268 posts, read 340,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Pasties and a G-string.

[/b]
You mean panties and a g-string? Why the sarcastic answer? Maybe you were wearing something that caught the eye of the police.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM

Yep that is the typical over-reaction from the NYPD.

When I was dating my current husband he came to pick me up for a date. We walked down the stairs and like 6 cops pulled out guns on us and made us put our hands up. Why? Because of a domestic violence call in (not us) the building. I had the same thing happen to me when I was living with another guy. Our neighbors were Korean and used to get drunk and beat the crap out of each about two times per week. One night the noise was unbearable and we called the cops (big mistake). They ran up on us like we were murderers and didn't do anything about the Korean couple upstairs. That's the last GD I will ever call a cop to my home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
True, when I was about 16, I was running in the street chasing a friend. Then next minute a bunch of police cars cut me off and everyone got out with guns drawn. When I raised my hands I accidentally swiped one of the cops in the nose. He told me that if I touched him once more he'll break my f**king arm. I had no idea why I was being stopped and I'm sure he knew that I glazed his face by accident while raising my arm since I was nervous. One of the officers then explained that there was a stabbing near by and that's why they stopped me. No apologies, nothing, and off then went.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:14 AM

No, I meant pasties...star shaped ones..with tassels.

Quote:
You mean panties and a g-string? Why the sarcastic answer? Maybe you were wearing something that caught the eye of the police.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Yep that is the typical over-reaction from the NYPD.

When I was dating my current husband he came to pick me up for a date. We walked down the stairs and like 6 cops pulled out guns on us and made us put our hands up. Why? Because of a domestic violence call in (not us) the building. I had the same thing happen to me when I was living with another guy. Our neighbors were Korean and used to get drunk and beat the crap out of each about two times per week. One night the noise was unbearable and we called the cops (big mistake). They ran up on us like we were murderers and didn't do anything about the Korean couple upstairs. That's the last GD I will ever call a cop to my home.
Well if you two were the first people that they saw upon coming to the building, how did you expect them to react? Put yourself in their shoes. They're coming to a call regarding domestic violence and they don't know who is who. All they know is the situation could be potentially deadly and they have to protect themselves first and foremost. Better yet, tell me what you would've done in their situation?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 AM

I stated that we were walking down the stairs. We were LEAVING the building and the police were on the front stoop about to enter the building. It was obvious that we weren't holding anything in our hands and I hardly looked like I was in any distress.

It's obvious to me that you feel that cops are wonderful, altruistic people, who only want to help.

So therefore if anyone has an experience that varies from that it must be their fault because the police are wonderful and benevolent people. There are no power trippers or bullies on steroids in that organization!

You would never believe that people have had different experiences with the police than you have had and that those experiences just might have been due to that officers personal biases and life experiences. After all, a police officer is a human being under that uniform and many of them weren't raised in the city and they bring their personal predjudices to the job.

So...I agree to disagree.

I do not like cops and I don't trust cops...period. I've been abused by the cops and I've personally witnessed the police treating people like absolute sh*t in various ERs and don't get me started on the C.Os at Riker's...just awful.

Quote:
Well if you two were the first people that they saw upon coming to the building, how did you expect them to react? Put yourself in their shoes. They're coming to a call regarding domestic violence and they don't know who is who. All they know is the situation could be potentially deadly and they have to protect themselves first and foremost. Better yet, tell me what you would've done in their situation?

Last edited by Jasper03; 08-22-2013 at 09:56 AM..

Old 08-22-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I stated that we were walking down the stairs. We were LEAVING the building and the police were on the front stoop about to enter the building. It was obvious that we weren't holding anything in our hands and I hardly looked like I was in any distress.

It's obvious to me that you feel that cops are wonderful, altruistic people, who only want to help.

So therefore if anyone has an experience that varies from that it must be their fault because the police are wonder and benevolent people. There are no power trippers or bullies on steroids in that organization!

You would never believe that people have had different experiences with the police than you have had and that those experiences just might have been due to that officers personal biases and life experiences. After all, a police officer is a human being under that uniform and many of them weren't raised in the city and they bring their personal predjudices to the job.

So...I agree to disagree.

I do not like cops and I don't trust cops...period. I've been abused by the cops and I've personally witnessed the police treating people like absolute sh*t in various ERs and don't get me started on the C.Os at Riker's...just awful.
Exactly my point... They're entering into a building that had a call about domestic violence and don't know who is who and what exactly is going on and you two are the first people that they see. Whether you're in distress or not makes no difference. All they know is that someone is in distress and that someone could decide to attack them. How do you expect them to act? You still refused to answer what you would've done in that situation as well.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Exactly my point... They're entering into a building that had a call about domestic violence and don't know who is who and what exactly is going on and you two are the first people that they see. Whether you're in distress or not makes no difference. All they know is that someone is in distress and that someone could decide to attack them. How do you expect them to act? You still refused to answer what you would've done in that situation as well.
Round and round we go.

I don't know police policy and procedure. What I do know is that sticking guns in innocent people's faces, speaking to them like they are garbage, and NOT apologizing after you realize that you are wrong will cause people to think that you and your organization SUCK a**. It makes people feel hostile and a lot less likely to cooperate with the cops in any given sitaution.

Believe me after having the police show-up at the wrong apt and treat us like absolute sh*t I will NEVER call a police officer to report anything ever again. We could have been killed and what would the police have said? Opps or I'm sure they would have found a way to skew sh*t and make us seem like the criminals in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City