Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 12:10 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,268,149 times

Advertisements

There is "attractive enough" for a night of fun and "attractive" for a longer term relationship. In other words, you'll see some unattractive women getting hit on by really attractive men because the guy judges her as an easy mark (fairly or not). I'm not saying that is always the case however.

What is considered generally "attractive" varies somewhat but I don't think its terribly difficult to figure out what that means in our culture. I'd say if you find a guy that *you* find attractive and is also attracted to you -- and wants to spend time with you for more than an night--none of the rest matters much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 12:10 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
Seriously, I see unattractive (overweight/below average face) women getting cold approached constantly. Even by good looking men! Alot of them have the nerve to develop an attitude when someone "ugly" approaches them. Wtf.. Both my unattractive and attractive friends tell me similar stories about what men do for them. So i'm confused, how does a woman know she's truly attractive looking in NYC?
What makes you think you're attractive?

If I were to judge you by this single post, I would assume that you are jealous of your fun, fat friends because they get hit on instead of their ice-queen snooty friend sitting next to them.

Attractiveness is not just outward beauty; it is about the glow from within, a loud unadulterated laugh, the confidence in a step, a wide smile and a twinkle in the eye.

As long as a woman feels the need to look at other women as unattractive, they unknowingly make themselves seem ugly.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
I find I often get looked at but not really approached by men, which is fine with me! LOL But then again, I don't walk around too much in the city. I've been told I look unapproachable anyway. I'm just quiet and to myself but I guess to some people, that can seem snobby.

Either way, there are so many attractive women walking around, and I don't notice them getting approached too much, maybe stared at like I do.

I DO notice, however, the more trashy women seem to get approached a lot. I guess, like someone else said, a person who might look "easy".

Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Women randomly smile at you. On my good days I get that. lol. I'm not a stud by any means but I have my days where I look "well put together."

I would say even average looking women get hit on pretty regularly in this city. From what I have observed.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:39 PM

40 posts, read 55,716 times
I already defined unattractive.. Overweight or having a below average face.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:41 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Can we see a pic of you, since you seem to be so good at judging other people's looks?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What makes you think you're attractive?

If I were to judge you by this single post, I would assume that you are jealous of your fun, fat friends because they get hit on instead of their ice-queen snooty friend sitting next to them.

Attractiveness is not just outward beauty; it is about the glow from within, a loud unadulterated laugh, the confidence in a step, a wide smile and a twinkle in the eye.

As long as a woman feels the need to look at other women as unattractive, they unknowingly make themselves seem ugly.

I don't think, I know I am. Also, I am not an "ice queen". I'm pretty friendly and outgoing. This thread wasn't about why men don't approach me. I do not have this problem. My question was about unattractive women in NYC being approached frequently.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:48 PM

466 posts, read 902,304 times
Quote:
You didn't define "truly attractive".

Also, 'below average face' is subjective.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I find I often get looked at but not really approached by men, which is fine with me! LOL But then again, I don't walk around too much in the city. I've been told I look unapproachable anyway. I'm just quiet and to myself but I guess to some people, that can seem snobby.

Either way, there are so many attractive women walking around, and I don't notice them getting approached too much, maybe stared at like I do.

I DO notice, however, the more trashy women seem to get approached a lot. I guess, like someone else said, a person who might look "easy".

I've noticed this as well.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Can we see a pic of you, since you seem to be so good at judging other people's looks?

Posting a pic would be pointless. I'm not overweight by any means nor am I ugly. The last thing I need is more attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City