Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
No. I said in other forum boards men detest overweight chicks... I never said I created similar threads on other forum boards.
So in your opinion, if a girl gets a lot of stares (and this can be by both men and women) but not approached a lot, what does that mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I don't know. I think a lot of it is just plain confidence. I am an average weight (maybe slightly below but a healthy BMI) and my face and hair are way above average, comparable to any celeb you see in the mags. It probably helps that I work in the fashion industry and get all my products and services wholesale and work with celebs who put their reps on the line for their image. I used to be heavier (was 180 at one point, 103 now). Most of it was alkie weight, once I put the bottle down a solid 40 came off in 2 months. I know, crazy. That's what happens when you stop eating and drinking crap and go to the gym every day and get your sh*t together. I work very hard to maintain it. I get hit on quite a bit, but by a different demographic. When I was heavy African-American and Hispanic men would literally fight over me. Now, it's quieter but when I get hit on it's typically by affluent white men. I also dress differently now. Women in NYC don't put out cleavage as quickly as in other cities because we know the implications. When I dressed like a cheap sl*t back when I was poor I got more play, but from the wrong crowd. I tend to stay wrapped up now and show some leg (killer calves and hams due to constant elliptical treading that would make ANY of you horny men salivate). If a man of any color catcalls at me he should be afraid. Because I'm not scared to bark back, skinny or fat. It's one thing to say I look beautiful. If a man says that I will always smile politely and say thank you. It's another to say you want to lick my a(s crack and have eight kids with me. If I am ever involved in any legal proceedings it will be due to me beating the crap out of a man who dare tries to degrade me that way. That is not a joke and one day I may have some explaining to do to the NYPD regarding a guy bleeding all over the sidewalk. Guys may think I just carry pashminas and lipgloss in my Balenciaga. There's a baseball bat handy in there as well.
May I ask what nationality you are?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM

40 posts, read 55,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I don't know. I think a lot of it is just plain confidence. I am an average weight (maybe slightly below but a healthy BMI) and my face and hair are way above average, comparable to any celeb you see in the mags. It probably helps that I work in the fashion industry and get all my products and services wholesale and work with celebs who put their reps on the line for their image. I used to be heavier (was 180 at one point, 103 now). Most of it was alkie weight, once I put the bottle down a solid 40 came off in 2 months. I know, crazy. That's what happens when you stop eating and drinking crap and go to the gym every day and get your sh*t together. I work very hard to maintain it. I get hit on quite a bit, but by a different demographic. When I was heavy African-American and Hispanic men would literally fight over me. Now, it's quieter but when I get hit on it's typically by affluent white men. I also dress differently now. Women in NYC don't put out cleavage as quickly as in other cities because we know the implications. When I dressed like a cheap sl*t back when I was poor I got more play, but from the wrong crowd. I tend to stay wrapped up now and show some leg (killer calves and hams due to constant elliptical treading that would make ANY of you horny men salivate). If a man of any color catcalls at me he should be afraid. Because I'm not scared to bark back, skinny or fat. It's one thing to say I look beautiful. If a man says that I will always smile politely and say thank you. It's another to say you want to lick my a(s crack and have eight kids with me. If I am ever involved in any legal proceedings it will be due to me beating the crap out of a man who dare tries to degrade me that way. That is not a joke and one day I may have some explaining to do to the NYPD regarding a guy bleeding all over the sidewalk. Guys may think I just carry pashminas and lipgloss in my Balenciaga. There's a baseball bat handy in there as well.
This helped so much! Thank you for your clarity.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
So in your opinion, if a girl gets a lot of stares (and this can be by both men and women) but not approached a lot, what does that mean?

Well it depends. It could mean she's attractive/good looking. Normally, people will comment on her appearance. If other women (strangers) compliment her appearance often, she's obviously pretty. Also if they hate hard --> or , she's probably too pretty lol. If a guy is staring like this .. it means she's gorgeous lol!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Well it depends. It could mean she's attractive/good looking. Normally, people will comment on her appearance. If other women (strangers) compliment her appearance often, she's obviously pretty. Also if they hate hard --> or , she's probably too pretty lol. If a guy is staring like this .. it means she's gorgeous lol!

Yep, bout sums it up! I get mad dirty looks from women.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM

475 posts, read 852,829 times
How do you turn a fox into an elephant? Marry it!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,449,783 times
Quote:
Seriously, I see unattractive (overweight/below average face) women getting cold approached constantly. Even by good looking men! Alot of them have the nerve to develop an attitude when someone "ugly" approaches them. Wtf.. Both my unattractive and attractive friends tell me similar stories about what men do for them. So i'm confused, how does a woman know she's truly attractive looking in NYC?
Two things. First, clearly, attractive or not you're putting out a negative vibe. Men have sex with unattractive women because those women want to sex, they're available, and they know how to talk to men. It isn't rocket science.

Second you can get a girl from New York without the bulls* you would have to endure with a girl from the Midwest,or California. I'm speaking from my own personal experiences.

It is what it is.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:18 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,200 times
Different strokes for different folks. Have you ever heard of chubby chasers op? Lol

There are men who are attracted to me and those who are not, I don't sweat it but I just move on. I can also see beauty in others, that includes other women and I can admire in them what I don't have.

Maybe you should look within to see why it bothers you so. And if the boys aren't beating a path to your door then you should find out why. It's not because they're busy hitting on fat chicks. Besides isn't it shallow to assume that these men are only paying attention to someone's physical appearance only?

Last edited by luvnyc; 08-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Originally typed on my handheld device. Damn autocorrect!

Old 08-29-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Two things. First, clearly, attractive or not you're putting out a negative vibe. Men have sex with unattractive women because those women want to sex, they're available, and they know how to talk to men. It isn't rocket science.

Second you can get a girl from New York without the bulls* you would have to endure with a girl from the Midwest,or California. I'm speaking from my own personal experiences.

It is what it is.
What negative vibe? Boy, I guess you NYers love phonies. I'm being real. The women I see getting approached here (in public) would not get the same attention somewhere else! If they did, it would behind close doors. Call me what you will but you know it's the truth!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Have you ever heard of chubby chasers op? Lol

They are men who are attracted to me and those who are not, I don't sweat it but I just move on. I can also see beauty in others, that includes other women and I can admire in them what I don't have.

Maybe you should look within to see why it bothers you so. And if the boys aren't beating a path to your door then you should find out why. It's not because they're busy hitting on fat chicks. Besides isn't shallow to assume that these men only are paying attention to someone's personal appearance only?

Yes I've heard of them but that's not the point. My question is pertaining to the unattractive type of women who think their hot. I've only witnessed this behavior here in NYC and was wondering why. That was all. No need to go Jihad on me. Btw, l can see beauty in others as well but... some women are really deluded here. Again, I don't have a problem getting approached from men nor women. So this is not my issue neither was that my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City