Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:13 AM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

I did....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 06:39 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
Comparing Lena Dunham and Adriana Lima. Dunham is the dumpy hipster type who seems to deliberately look sloppy. It would be easy for her to get in shape and improve her look but it's not important to her. She has money and connections and a future. She has some hipster musician boyfriend.
Lima has a life that depends entirely on her looks. She has breast implants and lips blown up now so she looks a little fake to me. But it's ok for a model. Still her looks are going to fade and the type of man get women like her will trade her in for a younger model when she gets to the point where she doesn't look so young any more. I don't know if she's with anyone but it would probably be someone in sports. They
like that look.

Dunham and Lima are extremes. But there is less pressure here to have a 10 to show off. Some of it ethnic and cultural preferences but that's the scene here.

I don't get why it should matter so much to you if someone you don't think is good looking thinks they
are. You say yourself that men are attracted to them so what's the problem if they get some? Does it take away from you somehow?
Her L.A. mind can't make sense of it. System shut down. Can't compute, can't compute...

Old 08-30-2013, 06:50 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
This whole thread just REAKS of someone who peaked in high school.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I doubt this unless if a typical NYC woman are upfront and open, generally that's the case if they find a man physically attractive or if she just likes a man. For me women in this city are bs and play to many games, women outside of the city seem to be more laid back. But I can say some women here are upfront and will let you know on a drop of a dime if she likes you or not if she liked you.

I vouch for this. A child hood friend that I know used to live in Florida, she came back to the Bronx because she could not find a job, but also she could not find a man and she is out of shape. She came back to NYC and already she has a boyfriend. I know of another woman who is from NYC and at most a 5 out of 10 in looks, she moved to the American Southwest for opportunities which are abound, but she has no man in the desert that wants to be with her, but back in NYC she always had a boyfriend and men chasing her. I know of another woman a Florida native, again she can't get no man in Florida but she can get a man here in NYC, again out of shape and a quirky body. With make-up on and everything she can be a 6 at most, but back in Florida she can be a 3 in looks. I have a college buddy of mines who moved down with his girlfriend to central Florida, he tried real hard on not to cheat on her, but the local women there are just too hot. I even had a woman who asked me to check out Atlanta with her, also not great in looks but had a nice heart which I did not want to break, of course I had to say no to her, because I would cheat in an instance. This is why if I want to move out of NYC and move to the sunbelt or west coast , I rather move out of the city while single instead of moving and being in a relationship or married and suffer consequences. End up comparing a rotten NYC apple to a nice Georgia peach or Florida or California ripe oranges. If I end up in a committed relationship with a local woman, I would stay here in the tri-state area for good. Overall women of the sunbelt are much more beautiful than women of the urban NE. In matter of fact if you go on the relationship forum there is a female poster from north cali who has trouble finding a man because they find her unattractive , but she moved out of cali to the North East and now has a steady boyfriend.
This is silly. I know so many lonely single woman in NYC. Many still live with their parents. And many are nice looking too.

And most of the men here are no prizes. I know the opposite situation where people move out of NYC and find a mate easily.

But down in the south, overweight plain girls find a guy easily.

I've been to all parts of Florida and believe me, it's not supermodel central everywhere.

What it boils down to is that there are attractive and unattractive people everywhere.

Last edited by jen5276; 08-30-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times
my mom says no woman is going to be good enough for me..

to make it easy I do come with a guide book written by my mom.

it is called the proper care and feeding of her son.

who wants me now?????????????????? lol

Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,619,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
This whole thread just REAKS of someone who peaked in high school.
Yep that sums it up.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:33 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
May I ask what nationality you are?
I am a Euro mutt lol. French, Polish, Armenian, and German. Which means I deal with issues other nationalities don't have to worry about, like ghastly pale skin and bone-china fine hair, a round face and small frame. The perfect woman has a darker complexion (olive/Mediterranean), medium texture hair, an oval face and a taller frame. But I don't worry about it that much as that is how I was born. Like a hybrid between Kirsten Dunst and Mariah Carey. I do the best with what God gave me. One thing I've learned working with designers is that good looks are all about understanding the proportions of your face/body and the limitations you're working with. Not every woman is going to look good with long hair (overwhelms a petite woman). Not every woman is going to look good with trendy blunt bangs (makes a round face rounder). Not every woman can rock a perfect tan year-round. Too many women try to conform to an ideal that is wrong for them, I see it every day when a woman brings me a photo of Angelina Jolie begging me to make them look like that. I could charge $800+ and give them a set of extensions but that isn't going to net me a long-term loyal client if it's all wrong for them and their lifestyle. I think the key is to be realistic, eat a proper diet and work out regularly, and keep it natural. Guys like a natural look and like you aren't trying too hard. Lighter makeup, no fake extensions (unless you pay top dollar and truly commit to maintenance) or acrylics (gross and tacky). Focus on the health of the hair and skin is crucial. This is something I think is true no matter what ethnicity you are. It is also very difficult to make a woman in my chair look good if she is 20+ pounds overweight. I could give them the most perfect style in the world and it still wouldn't help much, as painful as that sounds. But all of that means nothing if you don't have confidence. The perfectly fit and styled woman with little self esteem will often still lose out to the slightly heavier woman if she has a bad attitude, if that makes any sense. Men are willing to give women a handicap I think if she's enjoyable to be around and has a zest for life.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 08-30-2013 at 09:44 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I am a Euro mutt lol. French, Polish, Armenian, and German. Which means I deal with issues other nationalities don't have to worry about, like ghastly pale skin and bone-china fine hair, a round face and small frame. The perfect woman has a darker complexion (olive/Mediterranean), medium texture hair, and oval face and a taller frame. But I don't worry about it that much as that is how I was born. Like a hybrid between Kirsten Dunst and Mariah Carey. I do the best with what God gave me. One thing I've learned working with designers is that good looks are all about understanding the proportions of your face/body and the limitations you're working with. Not every woman is going to look good with long hair (overwhelms a petite woman). Not every woman is going to look good with trendy blunt bangs (makes a round face rounder). Not every woman can rock a perfect tan year-round. I think the key is to be realistic, eat a proper diet and work out regularly, and keep it natural. Guys like a natural look and like you aren't trying too hard. Lighter makeup, no fake extensions or acrylics. This is something I think is true no matter what ethnicity you are.
I would agree with this. I don't find "over-doing" it attractive...

Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I am a Euro mutt lol. French, Polish, Armenian, and German. Which means I deal with issues other nationalities don't have to worry about, like ghastly pale skin and bone-china fine hair, a round face and small frame. The perfect woman has a darker complexion (olive/Mediterranean), medium texture hair, an oval face and a taller frame. But I don't worry about it that much as that is how I was born. Like a hybrid between Kirsten Dunst and Mariah Carey. I do the best with what God gave me. One thing I've learned working with designers is that good looks are all about understanding the proportions of your face/body and the limitations you're working with. Not every woman is going to look good with long hair (overwhelms a petite woman). Not every woman is going to look good with trendy blunt bangs (makes a round face rounder). Not every woman can rock a perfect tan year-round. Too many women try to conform to an ideal that is wrong for them, I see it every day when a woman brings me a photo of Angelina Jolie begging me to make them look like that. I could charge $800+ and give them a set of extensions but that isn't going to net me a long-term loyal client. I think the key is to be realistic, eat a proper diet and work out regularly, and keep it natural. Guys like a natural look and like you aren't trying too hard. Lighter makeup, no fake extensions or acrylics. This is something I think is true no matter what ethnicity you are.

I hear you. I am 1/2 Hungarian and 1/2 Italian....I've had people say it's a nice mix. lol.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I hear you. I am 1/2 Hungarian and 1/2 Italian....I've had people say it's a nice mix. lol.
That is a nice mix. Some of the most beautiful styles I've created have been on women who are half Italian/half something else. For some reason it blends perfectly lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City