Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,617,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
I don't understand the men who are responding to my post. Is everyone over 40 yrs old or something? On any other forum board, men bash overweight/ugly women all the time. I come to this one and everyone is trying to sell me some b.s. Is this a NYC thing?
So you do this a lot, huh? What a weirdo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
I highly doubt that. A 200 lb woman will still be unattractive to most men. No matter how confident she thinks she is.
That 200 pound woman in NYC will still get a lot of attention compared to a 200 pound woman who lives on the west coast and even in the south in some cases.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
One of my co workers was a really obese woman. She was a really nice person, funny and everything and we were good friends. But would i be in a sexual relationship with her? No. In order for that i must find the person aesthetically attractive. That's just the way it is. I find some respones on this thread truly amazing... guys claiming they don't like women with make up, high-heels make up, feminity etc. what the F? You're not fooling me.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM

151 posts, read 404,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
One of my co workers was a really obese woman. She was a really nice person, funny and everything and we were good friends. But would i be in a sexual relationship with her? No. In order for that i must find the person aesthetically attractive. That's just the way it is. I find some respones on this thread truly amazing... guys claiming they don't like women with make up, high-heels make up, feminity etc. what the F? You're not fooling me.

That's my opinion. I don't like a lot of makeup. Its phony. Jusy be your damn selves people. Why do I want to date a girl who needs makeup to be attractive? And I don't like heels. I find women in flip flops sexy and NO, im not kidding. I like casual dressing women, not wearing a dress to work, like they're headed to the CLUB after work.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,662,820 times
Men tend to be attracted to women who know how to use apostrophes correctly. But, as to how you know when you're attractive, I could tell by the way men looked at me. It had nothing to do with who approached me.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:55 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
That's my opinion. I don't like a lot of makeup. Its phony. Jusy be your damn selves people. Why do I want to date a girl who needs makeup to be attractive? And I don't like heels. I find women in flip flops sexy and NO, im not kidding. I like casual dressing women, not wearing a dress to work, like they're headed to the CLUB after work.
Well, i have this sneaker thing. I like women with red or pink sneakers and jeans and little or no make up and ponytail. But i also like women in full regalia. Imo, a woman who takes care of her looks is not automatically materialistic, shallow or in the next minute running to some fancy boutique like that's all she do.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 08-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: ponytail added

Old 08-29-2013, 04:18 PM

106,633 posts, read 108,773,903 times
we are disclosing our little feteshes now? well i like when women tie me up to the bed , but i have to tell you last time i did that that JC PENNY store manager was so pissed when he had to untie me before he closed up the store.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,634 times
I don't know. I think a lot of it is just plain confidence. I am an average weight (maybe slightly below but a healthy BMI) and my face and hair are way above average, comparable to any celeb you see in the mags. It probably helps that I work in the fashion industry and get all my products and services wholesale and work with celebs who put their reps on the line for their image. I used to be heavier (was 180 at one point, 103 now). Most of it was alkie weight, once I put the bottle down a solid 40 came off in 2 months. I know, crazy. That's what happens when you stop eating and drinking crap and go to the gym every day and get your sh*t together. I work very hard to maintain it. I get hit on quite a bit, but by a different demographic. When I was heavy African-American and Hispanic men would literally fight over me. Now, it's quieter but when I get hit on it's typically by affluent white men. I also dress differently now. Women in NYC don't put out cleavage as quickly as in other cities because we know the implications. When I dressed like a cheap sl*t back when I was poor I got more play, but from the wrong crowd. I tend to stay wrapped up now and show some leg (killer calves and hams due to constant elliptical treading that would make ANY of you horny men salivate). If a man of any color catcalls at me he should be afraid. Because I'm not scared to bark back, skinny or fat. It's one thing to say I look beautiful. If a man says that I will always smile politely and say thank you. It's another to say you want to lick my a(s crack and have eight kids with me. If I am ever involved in any legal proceedings it will be due to me beating the crap out of a man who dare tries to degrade me that way. That is not a joke and one day I may have some explaining to do to the NYPD regarding a guy bleeding all over the sidewalk. Guys may think I just carry pashminas and lipgloss in my Balenciaga. There's a baseball bat handy in there as well.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 08-29-2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 PM

40 posts, read 55,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Actually it's a human thing. You're ugly and it has nothing to do with what you look like.
If ugly is being honest.. so be it!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 PM

40 posts, read 55,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
So you do this a lot, huh? What a weirdo.
No. I said in other forum boards men detest overweight chicks... I never said I created similar threads on other forum boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City