Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 PM

151 posts, read 404,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
What negative vibe? Boy, I guess you NYers love phonies. I'm being real. The women I see getting approached here (in public) would not get the same attention somewhere else! If they did, it would behind close doors. Call me what you will but you know it's the truth!

Why do you care what others do? You come off as the common hater. You probably watch jersey housewives lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 PM

40 posts, read 55,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
Why do you care what others do? You come off as the common hater. You probably watch jersey housewives lmao

I don't care. It just bothers me that most of my NYC female friends are delusional. They think me and my other "good looking" friends and them........... are on the same level! When I say same level, I mean looks wise. I thought it was just them with this mentality but I noticed it wasn't. Pretty much 90% of the women here have their heads in the clouds. I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if they at least had a decent looking mug. But it's like Lena Dunham saying she's on the same level as Adrianna Lima. That's insulting and clearly delusional.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Two things. First, clearly, attractive or not you're putting out a negative vibe. Men have sex with unattractive women because those women want to sex, they're available, and le, and they know how to talk to men. It isn't rocket science.

Second you can get a girl from New York without the bulls* you would have to endure with a girl from the Midwest,or California. I'm speaking from my own personal experiences

It is what it is.
I doubt this unless if a typical NYC woman are upfront and open, generally that's the case if they find a man physically attractive or if she just likes a man. For me women in this city are bs and play to many games, women outside of the city seem to be more laid back. But I can say some women here are upfront and will let you know on a drop of a dime if she likes you or not if she liked you.

Quote:
What negative vibe? Boy, I guess you NYers love phonies. I'm being real. The women I see getting approached here (in public) would not get the same attention somewhere else! If they did, it would behind close doors. Call me what you will but you know it's the truth!
I vouch for this. A child hood friend that I know used to live in Florida, she came back to the Bronx because she could not find a job, but also she could not find a man and she is out of shape. She came back to NYC and already she has a boyfriend. I know of another woman who is from NYC and at most a 5 out of 10 in looks, she moved to the American Southwest for opportunities which are abound, but she has no man in the desert that wants to be with her, but back in NYC she always had a boyfriend and men chasing her. I know of another woman a Florida native, again she can't get no man in Florida but she can get a man here in NYC, again out of shape and a quirky body. With make-up on and everything she can be a 6 at most, but back in Florida she can be a 3 in looks. I have a college buddy of mines who moved down with his girlfriend to central Florida, he tried real hard on not to cheat on her, but the local women there are just too hot. I even had a woman who asked me to check out Atlanta with her, also not great in looks but had a nice heart which I did not want to break, of course I had to say no to her, because I would cheat in an instance. This is why if I want to move out of NYC and move to the sunbelt or west coast , I rather move out of the city while single instead of moving and being in a relationship or married and suffer consequences. End up comparing a rotten NYC apple to a nice Georgia peach or Florida or California ripe oranges. If I end up in a committed relationship with a local woman, I would stay here in the tri-state area for good. Overall women of the sunbelt are much more beautiful than women of the urban NE. In matter of fact if you go on the relationship forum there is a female poster from north cali who has trouble finding a man because they find her unattractive , but she moved out of cali to the North East and now has a steady boyfriend.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-29-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,496 times
Quote:
I don't care. It just bothers me that most of my NYC female friends are delusional. They think me and my other "good looking" friends and them........... are on the same level! When I say same level, I mean looks wise. I thought it was just them with this mentality but I noticed it wasn't. Pretty much 90% of the women here have their heads in the clouds. I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if they at least had a decent looking mug. But it's like Lena Dunham saying she's on the same level as Adrianna Lima. That's insulting and clearly delusional.
So let me get this straight. It really burns you that your "friends" think they are on the same level as you pertaining to looks.

90% of women here have their heads in the clouds? So I guess the super models of NY belong to the 10%? So does that mean you belong in that group?

Again, the way your friends feel about themselves and the men who hit on women you feel don't look as good as you or are fat you need to find out why it bothers you. Are they taking something from you? Or are you angry they aren't bowing down to your beauty recognizing you look better than them? Who knows maybe you're the one delusional.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,392 times
Quote:

Comparing Lena Dunham and Adriana Lima. Dunham is the dumpy hipster type who seems to deliberately look sloppy. It would be easy for her to get in shape and improve her look but it's not important to her. She has money and connections and a future. She has some hipster musician boyfriend.
Lima has a life that depends entirely on her looks. She has breast implants and lips blown up now so she looks a little fake to me. But it's ok for a model. Still her looks are going to fade and the type of man get women like her will trade her in for a younger model when she gets to the point where she doesn't look so young any more. I don't know if she's with anyone but it would probably be someone in sports. They
like that look.

Dunham and Lima are extremes. But there is less pressure here to have a 10 to show off. Some of it ethnic and cultural preferences but that's the scene here.

I don't get why it should matter so much to you if someone you don't think is good looking thinks they
are. You say yourself that men are attracted to them so what's the problem if they get some? Does it take away from you somehow?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 PM

151 posts, read 404,898 times
Quote:

WHO??? Now im thinking this is a troll thread...

Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 AM

106,662 posts, read 108,810,853 times
that thinking is just assenine!...

i give her face a 2 but her ass a nine

Old 08-30-2013, 04:17 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Have you ever heard of chubby chasers op? Lol

There are men who are attracted to me and those who are not, I don't sweat it but I just move on. I can also see beauty in others, that includes other women and I can admire in them what I don't have.

Maybe you should look within to see why it bothers you so. And if the boys aren't beating a path to your door then you should find out why. It's not because they're busy hitting on fat chicks. Besides isn't it shallow to assume that these men are only paying attention to someone's physical appearance only?
There are true chubby chasers out there who truly love and cherish really big girls but also those who are just looking for hogging specimens.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:07 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
LOL @ this thread topic. Guys approach all types of women because different guys like different things. I've wondered how fat women get decent looking men but the truth is that some men like that look. Anyway a serious answer to your question is if someone, who is not hitting on you, compliments your looks. This is especially true if the compliments come from other women.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:43 AM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Has anyone asked this supposed beauty to post a picture yet? I bet she has no basis to start this argument to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City