Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,449,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused247 View Post
What negative vibe? Boy, I guess you NYers love phonies. I'm being real. The women I see getting approached here (in public) would not get the same attention somewhere else! If they did, it would behind close doors. Call me what you will but you know it's the truth!
I have to disagree with you there. I haven't known people to be that superficial. I really think those are your experiences.

You mentioned pale skin. For me personally that is not a deal breaker. It really sounds as though you're not comfortable in your own skin.

I could be different. I'm from the Midwest, where pale skin is not unusual, and people wouldn't have as much of a tan in the winter. But the women I've encountered from New York were easy to get along with. That's why I'm not entirely convinced its all about your looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,567,634 times
Lol, NYers love phonies? I think you've got it backwards. There's a reason the saying exists 'They could see through you in a NY minute'. Phony is the smiley, condescending attitude prevalent in the South. That syrupy, sappy 'Hi, how ARE you today?' which seems to be thinly veiling frustration and apathy. Now THAT'S phony. And if you don't like pale skin that's you're preference. I would rather have fair skin then tan it up and look like a piece of chewed up leather by the time I'm 40 lol

Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 AM

40 posts, read 55,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
So let me get this straight. It really burns you that your "friends" think they are on the same level as you pertaining to looks.

90% of women here have their heads in the clouds? So I guess the super models of NY belong to the 10%? So does that mean you belong in that group?

Again, the way your friends feel about themselves and the men who hit on women you feel don't look as good as you or are fat you need to find out why it bothers you. Are they taking something from you? Or are you angry they aren't bowing down to your beauty recognizing you look better than them? Who knows maybe you're the one delusional.

I'm far from delusional and I'm not angry. As I've mentioned before, women out of NYC are not this deluded. I have overweight unattractive friends from all around the world. They do not have the same attitude as NYC women. In NYC, below average heavy set women think they're the *****. When they see an actual pretty woman, the majority tend to ridicule her. They say crap like, "she's not that hot" or "she's an ugly ****". But because men in NYC approach them a lot, their ego goes off the charts. When your job requires you to look good and stay fit...... you do not want to be compared to an overweight ordinary looking chick.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,833,778 times
Quote:
When they see an actual pretty woman, the majority tend to ridicule her. They say crap like, "she's not that hot" or "she's an ugly ****". .
So basically what you are doing right now...

Old 08-30-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vall View Post
Comparing Lena Dunham and Adriana Lima. Dunham is the dumpy hipster type who seems to deliberately look sloppy. It would be easy for her to get in shape and improve her look but it's not important to her. She has money and connections and a future. She has some hipster musician boyfriend.
Lima has a life that depends entirely on her looks. She has breast implants and lips blown up now so she looks a little fake to me. But it's ok for a model. Still her looks are going to fade and the type of man get women like her will trade her in for a younger model when she gets to the point where she doesn't look so young any more. I don't know if she's with anyone but it would probably be someone in sports. They
like that look.

Dunham and Lima are extremes. But there is less pressure here to have a 10 to show off. Some of it ethnic and cultural preferences but that's the scene here.

I don't get why it should matter so much to you if someone you don't think is good looking thinks they
are. You say yourself that men are attracted to them so what's the problem if they get some? Does it take away from you somehow?
I was using their looks as an example. I'm not going to post pictures of ordinary NYC women on here to drive my point. That's invasive and unnecessary. Again, I don't care that men approach unattractive women. It just bothers me that these ugly broads think they're on the same level as an actual hottie. That's all. I don't understand why anyone would take offense. If a women is overweight and pretty.. I'm not questioning them. I'm questioning the ones who are overweight and have a below average face.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Has anyone asked this supposed beauty to post a picture yet? I bet she has no basis to start this argument to begin with.
It's funny how men always take this route lol. I guess only unattractive women post threads similar to mine? There's no need to post a picture on this forum. Although, I do have many pictures online. Since my job requires me to stay in shape and be pretty... it's safe to say your wrong!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
I have to disagree with you there. I haven't known people to be that superficial. I really think those are your experiences.

You mentioned pale skin. For me personally that is not a deal breaker. It really sounds as though you're not comfortable in your own skin.

I could be different. I'm from the Midwest, where pale skin is not unusual, and people wouldn't have as much of a tan in the winter. But the women I've encountered from New York were easy to get along with. That's why I'm not entirely convinced its all about your looks.

When did I mention pale skin? Skin color has nothing to do with being overweight and facially unattractive. FWI, I'm very comfortable in my own skin. A little too comfortable!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Lol, NYers love phonies? I think you've got it backwards. There's a reason the saying exists 'They could see through you in a NY minute'. Phony is the smiley, condescending attitude prevalent in the South. That syrupy, sappy 'Hi, how ARE you today?' which seems to be thinly veiling frustration and apathy. Now THAT'S phony. And if you don't like pale skin that's you're preference. I would rather have fair skin then tan it up and look like a piece of chewed up leather by the time I'm 40 lol
lol I meant some people answering my post seem to like things sugar coated. I describe truthfully what I'm witnessing daily and people here think I'm being a chubby basher. How else am I suppose to describe these women. Seriously. As for Nyers being phonies, they can be if they're your friend. If they aren't then.. yeah they can be forward.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
So basically what you are doing right now...
So an overweight, below averaged faced woman is considered pretty? Thank you for clarifying. I guess my question has been answered.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,833,778 times
Quote:
So an overweight, below averaged faced woman is considered pretty? Thank you for clarifying. I guess my question has been answered.
To some people they aren't an "overweight below averaged faced (this grammatically incorrect btw) woman". They are a fun loving woman with a pretty smile and nice skin with meat on their bones. Some people aren't quite as shallow as your. I would actually like to believe most people aren't as shallow as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City