Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 PM

256 posts, read 355,533 times

Advertisements

For the medical certification requirement for the cdl what driving type is needed? EI, EA, NA, NI?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM

I was thinking EI but I could be wrong

Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,393,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasCowboys View Post
For the medical certification requirement for the cdl what driving type is needed? EI, EA, NA, NI?
If you have a medical certificate, NI. If not, EI

Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
If you have a medical certificate, NI. If not, EI
Thank you appreciate it

Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasCowboys View Post
Thank you appreciate it
Yeah a ton of guys screwed it up otj...

You DO NOT NEED a medical certificate to work for DSNY. If you don't have the certificate, your license should have an A3 restriction on it. Check off EI and done.

Butttt what happened was all guys on the job thought...ok I don't need a medical on this job so I'll check EI even though I have a medical certificate. This rang alarms at the DMV cause their licenses didn't have an A3 restriction and they thought there was an issue so they flagged them all lol. If you have the medical certificate and no A3 restriction, check NI and they'll need a copy of your certificate. Orrr go down to dmv and pay to have an A3 restriction put on.

Which all begs the question....if they can see who has what already...why did we need to do this

Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:

You DO NOT NEED a medical certificate to work for DSNY. If you don't have the certificate, your license should have an A3 restriction on it. Check off EI and done.

Butttt what happened was all guys on the job thought...ok I don't need a medical on this job so I'll check EI even though I have a medical certificate. This rang alarms at the DMV cause their licenses didn't have an A3 restriction and they thought there was an issue so they flagged them all lol. If you have the medical certificate and no A3 restriction, check NI and they'll need a copy of your certificate. Orrr go down to dmv and pay to have an A3 restriction put on.

Which all begs the question....if they can see who has what already...why did we need to do this
Yeah I was real confused on what to put lol

Old 04-04-2014, 08:26 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,365 times
Union rep at roll call this morning said there are talks of a spring class and it's looking good, no def hire dates but if we knew anyone close on the list tell them to get ready. Sounds like good news for those waiting, nothing def yet though and no teletypes for trainer volunteers.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:37 AM

206 posts, read 300,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Union rep at roll call this morning said there are talks of a spring class and it's looking good, no def hire dates but if we knew anyone close on the list tell them to get ready. Sounds like good news for those waiting, nothing def yet though and no teletypes for trainer volunteers.
Thank you mikfleye3 for the update. God willing it happens. My husband is about 400 away so I hope he gets in this year. I hope they have as many classes as they did last year.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 AM

308 posts, read 517,698 times
Quote:

here is another thing to look out for. If you do have a medical certificate you must be very careful and keep it current. Remember your cdl does not need to be renewed for many years but the medical certificate must be renewed every 2. If you let it expire you can have your cdl suspended and you do NOT need that problem on probation. I have the medical certificate which is still good for another year but will head down to dmv soon to change my license to the A3 medical restriction. I don't need the headache or worry of having to get that certificate renewed

Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Yeah they gave me that too...I laughed at them and said...you mean to say summer lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City