Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 09:26 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Yeah they gave me that too...I laughed at them and said...you mean to say summer lol
Yeah we got the "end of spring" time frame

Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 AM

196 posts, read 425,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
here is another thing to look out for. If you do have a medical certificate you must be very careful and keep it current. Remember your cdl does not need to be renewed for many years but the medical certificate must be renewed every 2. If you let it expire you can have your cdl suspended and you do NOT need that problem on probation. I have the medical certificate which is still good for another year but will head down to dmv soon to change my license to the A3 medical restriction. I don't need the headache or worry of having to get that certificate renewed
I had my CDL for 18 years an went years at a time with out renewing my medical certificate they won't suspend your CDL but if you drive to Jersey an get pull over you can get a ticket for not having it if you don't have the A3 on your license.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM

196 posts, read 425,729 times
Quote:
here is another thing to look out for. If you do have a medical certificate you must be very careful and keep it current. Remember your cdl does not need to be renewed for many years but the medical certificate must be renewed every 2. If you let it expire you can have your cdl suspended and you do NOT need that problem on probation. I have the medical certificate which is still good for another year but will head down to dmv soon to change my license to the A3 medical restriction. I don't need the headache or worry of having to get that certificate renewed
I forgot to say the people who wants to keep the medical certificate because they might have another job driving after they send a copy to DMV they won't have to show it again till it's time to renew there CDL.

I just renewed my CDL so i don't have to show it for 8 years to them as long as they don't come out with these letters again but I think an hope this was a one time thing because of the mess that happened.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:49 PM

308 posts, read 517,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grins View Post
I forgot to say the people who wants to keep the medical certificate because they might have another job driving after they send a copy to DMV they won't have to show it again till it's time to renew there CDL.

I just renewed my CDL so i don't have to show it for 8 years to them as long as they don't come out with these letters again but I think an hope this was a one time thing because of the mess that happened.
Thanks that's good to know. I don't plan on driving on a second job so i'll still drop the certificate and get the medical exemption. Don't need the extra hassle while on probation. 10.5 months to go

Old 04-04-2014, 02:43 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,187 times
Quote:
I had medical cert's before this job and when I came on I just let it expire and threw it in the trash, I got my new license when I turned 25 and it just came with an a3 restriction.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:22 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times
Guys, just to be clear about the medical card. As of now if you are going to drive inter-state (out side of NYS) you must submit a copy of your medical card every two years. It must be sent at least 10 days prior to it expiring for processing. The state will revoke your CDL if you do not comply.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:31 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Guys, just to be clear about the medical card. As of now if you are going to drive inter-state (out side of NYS) you must submit a copy of your medical card every two years. It must be sent at least 10 days prior to it expiring for processing. The state will revoke your CDL if you do not comply.
To avoid confusion to those waiting for this job...you DO NOT need a medical certificate on this job despite the fact that a majority of you will be driving to Jersey.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:02 AM

5 posts, read 9,585 times
Does having the Med-certifacate help you in any way as far as the medical for DSNY? In other words oh he has clearance from a doctor already he must be ok for this job. Prob dumb question but you never know.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:05 AM

5 posts, read 9,585 times
Does having Med-certifacate help you in any way for DSNY medical? In other words oh he had clearance already from a doctor so me must be able to do this job. Prob dumb question but you never know.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian511 View Post
Does having the Med-certifacate help you in any way as far as the medical for DSNY? In other words oh he has clearance from a doctor already he must be ok for this job. Prob dumb question but you never know.
No, not in the slightest. In fact they will never even ask if you have one, or give a damn if you say you do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City