Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM

364 posts, read 739,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
union delegate came to speak at my garage...told us they plan on cutting 17 trucks at bk17 because they run and dump. they share the building with bk18 who stays out all day and guess what? the city doesn't plan on cutting any of their trucks. In all 59 districts they are cutting a total of 322 trucks. Now I know i'm a rookie scum, but I see how guys running and dumping are destroying the job. Don't you think upper management is seeing the dump times? If you are dumped by 9:30 the city thinks u can handle a few more lines....then they give a few more blocks to another 2 guys who run and dump and before you know it, another truck is cut

i know i can't convince the guys who run and dump to slow down...but remember its an 8 hr job
Easy answer the routes that are increased do not finish there work. Then they will remove the work, and go back to their other numbers. Bk 18 has had routes that had stuff added and guess what they did only what they originally did. I am all for running and dumping your route, but I have always said If they add more lines to my route I will not finish. Its up to those districts to not establish those routes when they try to add work. Everyone just has to play the game.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:30 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
Easy answer the routes that are increased do not finish there work. Then they will remove the work, and go back to their other numbers. Bk 18 has had routes that had stuff added and guess what they did only what they originally did. I am all for running and dumping your route, but I have always said If they add more lines to my route I will not finish. Its up to those districts to not establish those routes when they try to add work. Everyone just has to play the game.
Have they ever added lines to your route?

Old 02-10-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnysanman View Post
have they ever added lines to your route?
nope

Old 02-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
union delegate came to speak at my garage...told us they plan on cutting 17 trucks at bk17 because they run and dump. they share the building with bk18 who stays out all day and guess what? the city doesn't plan on cutting any of their trucks. In all 59 districts they are cutting a total of 322 trucks. Now I know i'm a rookie scum, but I see how guys running and dumping are destroying the job. Don't you think upper management is seeing the dump times? If you are dumped by 9:30 the city thinks u can handle a few more lines....then they give a few more blocks to another 2 guys who run and dump and before you know it, another truck is cut

i know i can't convince the guys who run and dump to slow down...but remember its an 8 hr job
I have worked in 18, and you have to work backwards in order not to finish. lol

Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM

372 posts, read 830,176 times
well like illmatic said selling out the unborn like in previous decades...if we keep selling out the unborn look where this job is from where it was 20 years ago...and just imagine 20-40 years from now if we keep this pace up there wont be a dsny they will go private or cut the workforce in half or something crazy u never know in this day nd age..

Old 02-11-2009, 03:06 AM

105 posts, read 288,064 times
I do agree on this, if routes are increased, then do not finish. I have experienced this over the years - and I have NO PROBLEM giving back work, My question is, if you finish by say... 9am, and ONE new apartment complex goes up are you all of a sudden going to stay out till cut off just to not absorb that one new bag stop? LOL. I ask this 'cause for the last 5 to 10 years we have seen private and two family homes being bulldozed and apartments rising all over the city. IE routes getting heavier So only on YOUR route nothing has changed or have you been absorbing weight? - and still "getting it up"........... Why not join me and REALLY "play the game?" Iam an expert at this!!! I have had routes getting heavy where we did not finish..so they followed us all day long..and end result? NOT absorbing, but a new half truck added to the section. For every truck that is NOT dumped on shift, a RELAY man is needed. If EVERYONE did this they would not even THINK about layoffs they would need MORE SanMen,more members of the UNION and as UNION MEN It is our job to encourage more membership- MORE jobs . When you are in a UNION , you need to think about the membership not just YOURSELF. My garage has been at least 10-15 men UNDER for at least 2 years now. did we get new men to replace the numbers lost? No.. just send over guys from neighbering garages (that run and dump) to do the relays for us. ....In closing...... did YOU take the test 6063 and right now... YOU dont have a job?...Then blame it on the (self centered) guys already on the job... and that is a fact.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:50 AM

372 posts, read 830,176 times
also didnt someone mention maybe maing EZ packs a one man truck...that would cut the work force by few guys rite??

Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
also didnt someone mention maybe maing EZ packs a one man truck...that would cut the work force by few guys rite??
ez packs are 2 roll on roll off are 1

Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM

389 posts, read 774,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post

Bloomberg proposed making EZ pack one man, and privatizing Sunday and Holiday garage security in the budget 2 weeks ago.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 606313X View Post
Bloomberg proposed making EZ pack one man, and privatizing Sunday and Holiday garage security in the budget 2 weeks ago.
unfortunately that makes a lot of sense why pay me 500 dollars for an 8 hour shift, when you can pay a guard 80 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City