Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times

Advertisements

Then, at 3:15 a.m. on Georgia Avenue and Linden Boulevard in the East New York section of Brooklyn, an 18-year-old carjacking suspect was shot in the head by the man he was apparently trying to rob.

Thug got thug!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 08:35 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Then, at 3:15 a.m. on Georgia Avenue and Linden Boulevard in the East New York section of Brooklyn, an 18-year-old carjacking suspect was shot in the head by the man he was apparently trying to rob.

Thug got thug!
That makes the second car jacking incident in NYC in the last month where the carjackers wound up dead.
Two carjackers were killed by the guy they were trying to carjack in The Bronx a couple of weeks ago.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:40 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
That makes the second car jacking incident in NYC in the last month where the carjackers wound up dead.
Two carjackers were killed by the guy they were trying to carjack in The Bronx a couple of weeks ago.
They're charging him with 2 counts of murder.

Interesting how the law works

Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Evidence?
Ahh why did you ask. Now they gonna search for that article where they caught the gun runners in Brownsville where 1 guy said in a taped conversation he didn't want to carry on the streets anymore because of stop and frisk.

I'm starting to get really irritated with people that come on here and post about the hood, and don't live in the hood and think they have all the answers. You know what these little gangbangers were doing because of stop and frisk? They would hide guns in mailboxes and other stash spots so that they didn't have to walk around the street with it. Any problem, go and get the gun. But you people that don't live in the hood don't know how it really is. Around my way they don't care about a stop and frisk. Trust me.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-27-2014, 08:45 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Fearmongers. When people are getting shot and stabbed in good neighborhoods then you have a story. Look at where these crimes happened. Harlem (Grant Houses). East New York. What else is new?
I disagree with you 100%. Stop and frisk targeted high crime areas, not low crime areas. If anything those areas benefitted most by the policy with a spillover effect throughout the rest of the city.

People bought into the touchy feely aspect of DB's campaign and the cool afro, but the truth is they made a decision that is going to make the city less safe, ESPECIALLY for the exact people who were "unfairly targeted" by stop and frisk in those bad neighborhoods.

It's hip to hate the police, and I do think that in implementing a policy like S&F it should be handled with decorum and not the typical "shut da f*** up" attitude of most NYC cops, but what it is trying to accomplish is a good thing. This was not the gestapo hauling away innocent people for making a political statement.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:48 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Its summertime, been this way in every major city in this country before most of the people posting here were born. Next topic...
I agree. Warm temps bring more people out, some people drink, take drugs, cross paths and this is the end result. More bad car wrecks as well as people speed around on the roads.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,317,052 times
Quote:
Fearmongers. When people are getting shot and stabbed in good neighborhoods then you have a story. Look at where these crimes happened. Harlem (Grant Houses). East New York. What else is new?
My good nabe has had 3 murders already this year. That is as much if not more than many hood nabes.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
The problem is, NY is very unique in this aspect. It's more integrated than just about anywhere else. There are housing projects in the middle of nice neighborhoods. The thugs aren't limited to their area. By a simple turnstile jump, they can be in any nice neighborhood via the subway.

It's not like LA where a bunch of thugs would have to load up a bunch of cars, and cruise from compton into beverly hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If someone is so so worried about what happens in the hood areas, that person should MOVE OUT OF THEM and DON'T go there. It's that simple. Waiting for the cops rush to the rescue is plain idiotic. A police force no matter who the mayor is more reactive than anything else.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
still no justification to stop and frisk innocent people

Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's hip to hate the police, and I do think that in implementing a policy like S&F it should be handled with decorum and not the typical "shut da f*** up" attitude of most NYC cops, but what it is trying to accomplish is a good thing. This was not the gestapo hauling away innocent people for making a political statement.
First, stop and frisk hasn't ended. The numbers are just lower, maybe 90% of the peak a few years ago. Which is what is was pre-Bloomberg. There's comes a point where stop and frisking so many people antagonizes the locals, a more targeted stop and frisk sounds reasonable.

Quote:
I'm starting to get really irritated with people that come on here and post about the hood, and don't live in the hood and think they have all the answers. You know what these little gangbangers were doing because of stop and frisk? They would hide guns in mailboxes and other stash spots so that they didn't have to walk around the street with it. Any problem, go and get the gun. But you people that don't live in the hood don't know how it really is. Around my way they don't care about a stop and frisk. Trust me.
I know nothing about the hood, either. But I did guess that most real criminals ignored it, while it mostly got minority teenager with weed.

As an off topic note, a transplant friend of mine walked through the passageway in a project in South Williamsburg. Someone in the building through a container of cat food at him. Didn't say whether it was open or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City