Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:07 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Even if de Blasio sucks, why do people ignore the crime ALWAYS goes up in the summer and also ignoring the fact that factors like a lackluster economy and a rise in hard core drugs (heroin) are factors as well?
'cause we can't change Mother Nature to get rid of summers or improve the economy or confiscate all the drugs, but we can vote every 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Holiday weekend full of drinking and it has been hot. Not hard to connect those dots.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:14 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,984,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
'cause we can't change Mother Nature to get rid of summers or improve the economy or confiscate all the drugs, but we can vote every 4 years.
The complainers could be outvoted in 4 years as well.

What then? What if de Blasio is reelected?

What if he is followed by another progressive mayor after getting reelected? It's certainly possible.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:53 PM

19,056 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What if he is followed by another progressive mayor after getting reelected? It's certainly possible.
I'll be 4 years closer to leaving (if not already gone).

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,414,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ahh why did you ask. Now they gonna search for that article where they caught the gun runners in Brownsville where 1 guy said in a taped conversation he didn't want to carry on the streets anymore because of stop and frisk.

I'm starting to get really irritated with people that come on here and post about the hood, and don't live in the hood and think they have all the answers. You know what these little gangbangers were doing because of stop and frisk? They would hide guns in mailboxes and other stash spots so that they didn't have to walk around the street with it. Any problem, go and get the gun. But you people that don't live in the hood don't know how it really is. Around my way they don't care about a stop and frisk. Trust me.
Exactly. Talking about a problem as if it affects them. Like they care anyway.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:36 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,414,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Do you think that angle automatically makes anyones point you don't agree with invalid?

Did you study criminal justice? No you didn't. Your opinion is therefore invalid.

Same approach.

I've had 2 friends in "the hood" held up in the last month. I have a few dozen friends and associates who live in the boroughs, from high rent areas to areas bordering right on the worst. No, I don't have any friends in East New York, and if they could only afford to live there I'd let them move into my house.

What this has to do with stop and frisk and crime rates I'm not really sure. I've experienced crime, and know many people who have. If that's not good enough for you there's nothing I can do about it. If you think only people in "the hood" understand anything about the hood, that's pretty silly.
I'm graduating with a criminology degree tomorrow and I kind of agree with seventh avenue. Not saying that people who do not live in the hood shouldn't speak but the problem is they think they know too much.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 PM

19,056 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Enjoy that paper degree. I'm proud to say I earned mine on the streets over the last 16 years in the worst parts of 4 different countries.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:55 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,412 times
Here are some more details about the carjacking attempt, with pictures of the ex-cop and the perp.

"Ocampo, of Coney Island, had one arrest on his record, for selling marijuana, police said. He also had pot on him when he was shot, according to cops.
Ocampo’s family said the teen had one more year left at Liberation Diploma Plus High School on Coney Island and worked as an intern looking after kids at the Carey Gardens Child Care Center on W. 23rd St., Brooklyn."

Kids don't know what's right and what's wrong. Parental responsibilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Exactly. Talking about a problem as if it affects them. Like they care anyway.
It does and we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
I'm graduating with a criminology degree tomorrow and I kind of agree with seventh avenue. Not saying that people who do not live in the hood shouldn't speak but the problem is they think they know too much.
What are your grades in your major? Regardless, doesn't your major make you think you "know too much"?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:58 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
I hope that he didn't put any holes in that beautiful Mercedes leather.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 PM

250 posts, read 269,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Thank you Mayor De Blasio for doing such a good job on crime!

8 shot, 2 fatally, and 3 stabbed in violent night in New York City | 7online.com

You and a lot of people who share your sentiments have short term memory lost. I recall reading, and watching reports of violence in the city during July 4th holidays, Labor Day and Memorial Day holidays under Bloomberg's administration. Where was your sarcasm then?

I could put up the links but why bother? I won't make any difference on this thread. You're not going to read those articles and why should you? You have a bias and you feed that bias with threads like these.

And I love how ppl continue to parrot the myth that s&f is dead when infact, it's very much alive but now used more judiciously. I'm more concered with those two robbers on the q train than the shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City