Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times

Advertisements

[quote=caribny;35601566][quote=NyWriterdude;35587281]The sky is falling, the sky is falling! All because CaribNY is facing economic problems in NYC!

Quote:

I work in the financial services sector. You work in some social services outfit helping poor people get welfare.

Who do you think is likely to be earning more money?

Here is the difference between me and you. You see the world in a self centered way, I see the world in its entirety. I am aware that if a society is only the rich and the poor, it fails. There aren't enough rich people to support the poor. So who is going to pay for all these social programs and YOUR salary? Because if you over tax me I am out of here.

All those middle class people who have decided that if they must pay $2,000 in rent they will never be able to find the 20% down to pay for a $350k home, so they move some where else where they can.

So when your nurse must drive in from upstate in one of our infamous winter storms and you have an operation that day, and they tell you that they hired a temp, because the real nurses can't get in. Yes the temp who lives 5 to each bedroom, maybe you will get my point. And yes I hear all about that drama, especially when some prima dona surgeon refuses to operate, because he doesn't like the substitute nurses, this while YOU the patient languishes, .

Because it is clear that you are self centered.

Last year you hated poor people and screamed that Section 8 destroys neighborhoods, and called blacks who live in Wakefield losers, because (according to you) most were gov't workers.

Now your circumstances has changed so you change your tune. You just can't see beyond your own immediate situation.
I never called most Blacks in Wakefield losers because they worked in the government. Stop putting words into my mouth. I HATE WAKEFIELD because it's a SLUM, plain and SIMPLE.

And if you move out of NYC or get laid off in the next financial services crisis, I will not shed a tear. Instead I'd probably take out a bottle of champagne. Goodbye!

And stop this the ridiculous attempt to manipulate me with scenarios that DO NOT EFFECT me on the present, real world, in part because they do not exist.

I've never had any problem getting medical care in all my years in NYC. If that were to ever change in the future, I will deal with that at THAT TIME.

NYC was around before you were born, for centuries and it will be around long after you're gone. Get over yourself, dude!

You can stay or you can leave. It really makes no difference to anyone BUT you! Your job, assuming your employer is still intact, will simply replace you and life will go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
I don't even know whether having boarders is even LEGAL if one is a tenant. And if one is an owners they don't want strangers being exposed to there business given the potentially adversarial land lord tenant relationship.
It depends on how many boarders you have, and how much you profit over the base rent (if one is a tenant).

Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

It is just amazing when one compares the cost of real estate in Austin TX with NYC. No wonder there are now NINE daily nonstop from the NY area. The sad thing is that many middle class kids who grew up in NYC are FLEEING, especially those who went to college elsewhere. Why? HOUSING COSTS!!!
Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Many immigrants and transplants coming in to replace you!

And I'll be hooking the destitute among them up with social and legal services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City