Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:06 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I would certainly recall a suspicious guy in the area who I called 911 about two times less than three months before the murder. Calling 911 is something you remember. It's not a random event you witnessed that had no bearing on you.

We do not know how "deep" this seeing of suspect months ago went. If I see some random person a half block away peeping into car windows yeah I'm going to call 911, but could I give an accurate description/remember him other than perhaps what was worn and a general physical appearance? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 12:23 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Something just doesn't seem right with this case. No history of mental illness. No previous criminal record. What issues were happening at home?

They just got a confession out of him. Was it videotaped? It feels like he's patsy in a bigger conspiracy.

He's already guilty by the media just by being black.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 PM

732 posts, read 884,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Something just doesn't seem right with this case. No history of mental illness. No previous criminal record. What issues were happening at home?

They just got a confession out of him. Was it videotaped? It feels like he's patsy in a bigger conspiracy.

We'll have to wait and see.

I recall they said they caught the "suspect" 1 or two months ago because he was a running around naked around that area.

We'll know once we get the results from the DNA.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:36 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
We'll have to wait and see.

I recall they said they caught the "suspect" 1 or two months ago because he was a running around naked around that area.

We'll know once we get the results from the DNA.
I think the dude they caught a few months ago was saying his dad or a relative did it

Old 02-06-2017, 01:47 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:

We don't know until he gets a fair trial and whether or not DNA evidence doe match him or not.

Something doesn't make sense but that's what a grand jury is for to hear the evidence against him and whether or not they are strong enough to charge him.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:05 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Well we certainly know where your mind is...
Bro, that is the type of girl you bend over and eat the kitkat and starfish..

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 02-06-2017 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 02:13 PM

26 posts, read 14,472 times
Quote:

Umm apparently our suspect did have some issues.

Quote:
The suspect in the rape and murder of Queens jogger Karina Vetrano said he “wanted to bring a knife to school to stab all the girls” five years ago, police sources told The Post on Monday.

Chanel Lewis was just 15 years old in 2011 when he told a teacher’s aide of his violent wishes, sources said.

Lewis graduated from Martin De Porres High School, a school for emotionally disturbed students in Rockaway Park, Queens. It was not immediately clear if he was attending in 2011.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:40 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:

confession & DNA isn't enough?

Old 02-06-2017, 03:17 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
There it is. Invoke the racial card.

How about this, let's release him to your custody and you need to keep him in your home 24/7.

If he's so innocent, you watch him.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
We do not know how "deep" this seeing of suspect months ago went. If I see some random person a half block away peeping into car windows yeah I'm going to call 911, but could I give an accurate description/remember him other than perhaps what was worn and a general physical appearance? Probably not.
It's not that the lieutenant could not give an accurate description (it doesn't say that was the issue). He didn't think of the guy as a suspect until working on the case for several months even though he personally called 911 on the guy twice. That defies logic. I think it's more likely that report is untrue and the guy was a suspect early on. If you remember, Phil Vetrano was saying in interviews soon after the murder that he wanted to give the reward money to the killer's family if they turned him in. He was specific and said a mother and/or sister knew the killer and should claim the money. As it turned out the suspect was living with his mother and sister(s). The father was probably informed by the police that the guy was a strong suspect but they needed time to make a case for an arrest. Several months ago the police said they were confident they would make an arrest while saying they had no strong leads. I think this guy was their suspect for months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City