Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he guilty?
No 47 48.45%
Yes 50 51.55%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:26 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I am going to answer ONLY to the first paragraph of Nightcrawler's comment. You obviously do not know much about the Italian Heritage. Most Italian parents are extremely close to their children, to the point that the adult children are overwhelmed with love, dedication, devotion. Often, they remain home way past 25 years' old. The complete family, mother, father, brothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, etc., are all involved in the life of an adult child. What the father did does not look to me out- of- character. That is the ITALIAN way of doing things. It takes a village to raise an Italian child.......
What does being Italian have to do with anything regarding this case? Are we submitting evidence of the family's heritage to the court now, for what? Come on...

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 11:29 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
I am going to answer ONLY to the first paragraph of Nightcrawler's comment. You obviously do not know much about the Italian Heritage. Most Italian parents are extremely close to their children, to the point that the adult children are overwhelmed with love, dedication, devotion. Often, they remain home way past 25 years' old. The complete family, mother, father, brothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, etc., are all involved in the life of an adult child. What the father did does not look to me out- of- character. That is the ITALIAN way of doing things. It takes a village to raise an Italian child.......

well, to me it looks ridicoulos.

and your take on it, to me, is sickening to say the least.

and i dont agree that they areall involved in the life of an adult child.

I know many italian families and i have never witness anything like you described.

maybe of they are still living in the mother country and it is 1865, but not here in america 2019

not buying your take on this at all.

im thinking mob hit also, it is so obvious, please.........

Last edited by nightcrawler; 05-01-2019 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-01-2019, 03:08 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Vaginal and anal rape is what I read.
He was convicted of sexual abuse, not rape.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:41 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
well, to me it looks ridicoulos.

and your take on it, to me, is sickening to say the least.
and i dont agree that they areall involved in the life of an adult child.
I know many italian families and i have never witness anything like you described.
maybe of they are still living in the mother country and it is 1865, but not here in america 2019
not buying your take on this at all.
im thinking mob hit also, it is so obvious, please.........

You are correct if referring to Second generation of any culture now acclimated to living the American way.
Do you know many first generation Italian families in Howard Beach ,Bensonhurst or Staten Island ?
Italian culture and way of life in parts of Italy is comprised geographically by farmland and small populations.
Small villages unchanged for years consisting of 20-100 people where everybody knows everybody for generations.

The culture of immigrant parents arriving in New York is tradition by Italians to cling to their children and
there are many still following this old way of life in Howard Beach,Bensonhurst and Staten Island.

Fact:
Chanel Lewis murdered an innocent Karina Vetrano and will spend the rest of his life without parole behind bars.

There are only two conclusions to take away from my post.
1) If you want to do the crime expect to do the time.......( whether sound of mind or not: for conspiracists)
2) Think twice before committing any crime...................(especially in a neighborhood full of so called mobsters: for conspiracists)

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 05-02-2019 at 06:02 AM..

Old 05-02-2019, 06:47 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,087,142 times
Newsday's NYPD columnist Leonard Levitt doesn't think this case is over.

https://www.amny.com/opinion/columni...itt-1.30521912

Old 05-02-2019, 07:38 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
You are correct if referring to Second generation of any culture now acclimated to living the American way.
Do you know many first generation Italian families in Howard Beach ,Bensonhurst or Staten Island ?
Italian culture and way of life in parts of Italy is comprised geographically by farmland and small populations.
Small villages unchanged for years consisting of 20-100 people where everybody knows everybody for generations.

The culture of immigrant parents arriving in New York is tradition by Italians to cling to their children and
there are many still following this old way of life in Howard Beach,Bensonhurst and Staten Island.

Fact:
Chanel Lewis murdered an innocent Karina Vetrano and will spend the rest of his life without parole behind bars.

1) If you want to do the crime expect to do the time.......( whether sound of mind or not: for conspiracists)
2) Think twice before committing any crime...................(especially in a neighborhood full of so called mobsters: for conspiracists)

I live in bensonhurst / bath beach for the last 30 years,
and

grew up in staten island

and, your entitled to your opinion, as i am entitled to mine.

Old 05-02-2019, 07:44 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Newsday's NYPD columnist Leonard Levitt doesn't think this case is over.

https://www.amny.com/opinion/columni...itt-1.30521912
wow what an as$hole, talk about sleazy journalism. There is zero evidence the DNA was planted, I don't see what testing random black people (although questionable) has anything to do with actually testing Lewis who was a suspect and getting a match

Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,520,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Fact:

I am a product of Little Italy in Downtown Manhattan most of my life......and that is what I always saw. Italian parents live for their children........they are very, very loving and teach their children love, respect, and how to treat others. What happens after their children grow up, and copy the customs of myriad non-Italians, is unpredictable. In my neighborhood of Staten Island, parents are still pretty much following the old traditions, even though, they are second and third generations Italian.....and that is a wonderful thing to follow the traditions of their families, even though they may have been born in this wonderful country of ours.....!!!!!

The problem that I see in this Forum with people trying to depict Channel's actions, is that he seems to look unhinged, to too many, and he very-well might be, but let us remember that Mentally- Ill people are capable of raping, and killing. They are NOT ALWAYS mentally-ill.........and are capable of inflicting horrendous harm on innocent people. This lady was savagely attacked, he beat her up so hard that her teeth were found by police.......TWENTY FEET AWAY......I rest my case........

Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
wow what an as$hole, talk about sleazy journalism. There is zero evidence the DNA was planted, I don't see what testing random black people (although questionable) has anything to do with actually testing Lewis who was a suspect and getting a match
They also forgot to mention Chanel Lewis' hospital visit the day after the murder for a severe hand injury. Guess they can ignore stuff like that and just focus on conjuring up theories about how the DNA evidence must be planted.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:23 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
I am a product of Little Italy in Downtown Manhattan most of my life......and that is what I always saw. Italian parents live for their children........they are very, very loving and teach their children love, respect, and how to treat others. What happens after their children grow up, and copy the customs of myriad non-Italians, is unpredictable. In my neighborhood of Staten Island, parents are still pretty much following the old traditions, even though, they are second and third generations Italian.....and that is a wonderful thing to follow the traditions of their families, even though they may have been born in this wonderful country of ours.....!!!!!

The problem that I see in this Forum with people trying to depict Channel's actions, is that he seems to look unhinged, to too many, and he very-well might be, but let us remember that Mentally- Ill people are capable of raping, and killing. They are NOT ALWAYS mentally-ill.........and are capable of inflicting horrendous harm on innocent people. This lady was savagely attacked, he beat her up so hard that her teeth were found by police.......TWENTY FEET AWAY......I rest my case........

Thankyou sasie123......................spoken like a true Italian American.
A virtual cup of cappuccino and a slice of tiramisu on me..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City