Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 09:44 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times

Advertisements

I don't care about any criminals of my own race or any kind because people who have committedviolent crime should be taken away from society just like we do for dogs that attacked other humans. We cannot allow these violent people to pollute the gene pool. That is the reason why the US will never beat China in the future. Their gene pool will only get stronger while ours is getting weaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 10:34 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
It doesn't have to be that a harmless can scavenger gets beaten into a coma on a NYC street becase he is Asian and defenseless.

My issue is with people defending this kind of criminal, presumably because the criminal has grown up "traumatized". Nobody here has been defending racism, nobody has been defending KKK and neo-Nazis (although I am sure they must have been traumatized by something too :-) - if they commit violence against blacks, they clearly need to be locked up. So why should any kind of violent crime culture require special leniency and "compassion"?
The racism comes in when at a very early stage of the investigation you assume to know what the motive is

and assuming what the circumstances were leading up to the incident. That's where the racism is.

And suggesting that someone could only have a racist perspective if they are a member of a racist organization

Old 04-29-2021, 11:05 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
The racism comes in when at a very early stage of the investigation you assume to know what the motive is

and assuming what the circumstances were leading up to the incident. That's where the racism is.

And suggesting that someone could only have a racist perspective if they are a member of a racist organization

This crime was captured on camera. If somebody calls you a name and robs you with mace (!? - as already mentioned, an unusual method of robbery, by making the target run away), you can (1) report them to the police, or (2) wait for them with a number of buddies (and mace? :-) to retrieve the value of what was stolen. You don't jump on their head. Even if this guy can find 70 people to testify the Asian can scavenger robbed him with mace, he will be guilty of attempted (and possibly accomplished, if the victim dies) murder. If a white lowlife did this, my outrage and my thought process would be exactly the same.

I did not suggest that someone could only have a racist perspective if they are KKK - you are saying that I suggested that, but I didn't. I think racism means harming, or wanting to harm, in some way members of other race(s), and I don't support that.

I support crime control and lack of "compassion" for crime culture, and you keep bending over backwards to try to prove that makes me a racist :-). You exemplify the slimy practice of trying to get special privileges for members of your own group (in this case those members of your ethno-racial group who commit violent crime) by smearing other people with popular negative-sounding labels.

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-29-2021 at 11:52 AM..

Old 04-29-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lold View Post
I never said the war on drugs caused him to beat the man over the head. If you read my post you would see that.

I think we’re at a point where we can’t agree on social problems.

Portugal decriminalized all drugs and their crime rate dropped astronomically.

The Singapore example is weak and no tough on crime does not work for everywhere. I think that works in countries where they love rules.

The United States and a lot of western countries not so much.

A huge crack epidemic ripped through cities and the response was to lock people up yet the recent wave of opioid addiction is treated with compassion.

Singapore was historically a port city with all the shady stuff that went on in the ports, and it had pretty aggressive organized crime. So, rest assured they did not "love rules" just out of nowhere :-). Rules were established precisely because there were problems. A weak example?? A city of almost 6.5 million residents, and millions of visitors, that logs about 500 (mostly minor) assault reports per year is an amazingly strong example of excellent crime control with strict laws.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:26 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,880 times
Quote:
This crime was captured on camera. If somebody calls you a name and robs you with mace (!? - as already mentioned, an anusual method of robbery, by making the target run away), you can (1) report them to the police, or (2) wait for them with a number of buddies (and mace? :-) to retrieve the value of what was stolen. You don't jump on their head. Even if this guy can find 70 people to testify the Asian can scavenger robbed him with mace, he will be guilty of attempted (and possibly accomplished, if the victim dies) murder. If a white lowlife did this, my outrage and my thought process would be exactly the same.

I did not suggest that someone could only have a racist persctive if they are KKK - you are saying that I suggested that, but I didn't. I think racism meas harming, or wanting to harm, in some way members of other race(s), and I don't support that.

I support crime control and lack of "compassion" for crime culture, and you keep bending over backwards to try to prove that makes me a racist :-). You exemplify the slimy practice of trying to get special privileges for members of your own group (in this case those members of your ethno-racial group who commit violent crime) by smearing other people with popular negative-sounding labels.
It is important to note that the perp was turned in by members of his own (Black) community in Harlem - certainly there are fewer Asians living there than Blacks. So it goes to show that not all Blacks will instantly jump to a perp's defense just b/c they share a skin color. There were a lot of upset Blacks who showed solidarity with Asians and marched/rallied together.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
It is important to note that the perp was turned in by members of his own (Black) community in Harlem - certainly there are fewer Asians living there than Blacks. So it goes to show that not all Blacks will instantly jump to a perp's defense just b/c they share a skin color. There were a lot of upset Blacks who showed solidarity with Asians and marched/rallied together.

Good.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:59 AM

This crime was captured on camera. If somebody calls you a name and robs you with mace
[/quote]

where are you getting this idea about somebody being called a name?

Quote:

Quote:

a harmless can scavenger gets beaten into a coma on a NYC street because he is Asian and defenseless.
you are like a lot of people black and white who when video comes out think the videos shows everything leading up to the incident and you know all the motives

On page 8, I showed that the man who attacked claims he was attacked first.
That could be a complete lie
or it could be true

In a fair system we are supposed investigate and see if this was a hate crime or not. It's called due process. Apparently you don't believe in due process and not pre-judging

Old 04-29-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Apparently you don't believe in due process and not pre-judging

That kind of nonsense seems to be "apparent" only to you. Of course I support the system of law and order, I never voiced support for anything else. But it seems highly unlikely that any preceding events would justify what was seen in the video as being done in self-defense.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
That kind of nonsense seems to be "apparent" only to you. Of course I support the system of law and order, I never voiced support for anything else. But it seems highly unlikely that any preceding events would justify what was seen in the video as being done in self-defense.
Quote:

a harmless can scavenger gets beaten into a coma on a NYC street because he is Asian and defenseless.
Again, you assume you know the motive

that is not supporting our system of law and order

Old 04-29-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Again, you assume you know the motive

that is not supporting our system of law and order

Again, I see a man's head being violently stomped. There is no justifiable motive for that. Our system of law and order (which I support without any argument) does not permit the action seen in the video. The motive does not even matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City