Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 01:55 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
motive does not even matter.
and that is not supporting our system of law and order
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 02:18 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
and that is not supporting our system of law and order

Oh yes it is. If a grave assault is particularly cruel and unusual, it doesn't matter what the motive is. In the case of Derek Chauvin, the motive (ie, to arrest a person) was clearly not any kind of factor - only the action was judged. I mean, sure, the motive will usually be discussed in the court, but in the end it may or may not matter in sentencing, depending what the crime is.

Personal question: are you by any chance a former felon? Is that the origin of your persistent game of cat & mouse, trying to grab some thin thread, and then spin a big fake conclusion out of it? :-) Seems to me like an approach to law that people angling for an appeal may learn from prison buddies.

Last edited by elnrgby; 04-29-2021 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
motive does not even matter.
You have no idea what you are talking about

This case will consider additional hate crime penalties
and motive will be essential in determining if that was the intent

Old 04-29-2021, 03:48 PM

926 posts, read 417,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
It is important to note that the perp was turned in by members of his own (Black) community in Harlem - certainly there are fewer Asians living there than Blacks. So it goes to show that not all Blacks will instantly jump to a perp's defense just b/c they share a skin color. There were a lot of upset Blacks who showed solidarity with Asians and marched/rallied together.
If you check the link to the article that Aeran posted earlier in this thread, it shows clearly that the blacks that protested pointed the finger at "white terrorism" (whatever that is), though.
They were not denouncing the racism and violence coming from some of their own people. No. They were blaming white folks for it.

Old 04-29-2021, 03:58 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
If you check the link to the article that Aeran posted earlier in this thread, it shows clearly that the blacks that protested pointed the finger at "white terrorism" (whatever that is), though.
They were not denouncing the racism and violence coming from some of their own people. No. They were blaming white folks for it.
And I already addressed this point. The blame whites link comes from Trump saying China Virus for the past year and a half consistently. Then having his message replayed non stop by Fox News and other GOP dominated news sources by other White news anchors and figures like Tucker Carlson.

Now, do I believe that this is 100% to blame? No. There were always racist attacks against Asians before Covid. But there is no denying that Trump had an influence on it especially given how many of the attackers (of any non-Asian race) were screaming that East Asian looking people are to blame and repeating those slogans.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:25 PM

926 posts, read 417,854 times
So basically, that would imply that blacks are like spoiled little children: incapable of reason. Unable to look at things with a cool head.

Trump said all kinds of things. Some smart, some not-so-smart. I didn't take everything he said at face value. Did you? I bet you didn't. But somehow some people consider normal and even expect that blacks did.

The soft bigotry of low expectations comes to mind, here.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
So basically, that would imply that blacks are like spoiled little children: incapable of reason. Unable to look at things with a cool head.

Trump said all kinds of things. Some smart, some not-so-smart. I didn't take everything he said at face value. Did you? I bet you didn't. But somehow some people consider normal and even expect that blacks did.

The soft bigotry of low expectations comes to mind, here.
Black people on a cultural level have not been talking about "these Chinese people spread disease".
Several but not all of the attackers in these Asians incidents have been black but a vastly tiny portion of the black population. It's not trend in the black community with average black people.
The attacks are tending toward being done homeless deranged people.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Don't worry about it. A couple of BLM protesters showed up with their signs and have their own agenda. It is not a big deal. It's a couple of people with signs.
Most of the articles on these incidents show who the attackers are.
It's unknown if Trumps saying "China virus" and "Kung flu" hundreds of times had any direct influence on people who carried out the attacks but it certainly did not help

Old 04-30-2021, 05:36 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
i can see another asian vs black ( a la LA)
I've been saying this for the longest.

If Asian community leaders do not build a bridge this will turn into a race war.

Uneducated Asians should not be residing or owning businesses in the Ghetto.

There are decades of poor Asian-Black relations in this country due to poor planning on both sides. In the West Coast it's 100x worse.

A key example is antagonism involved in Korean and Chinese dominating the weave and extension supply chain even on the delivery and Point of Sale distribution end. They won't sell in bulk to Black store owners in Black communities. If a Black owned store pops up they will use connections to get it shut down by starving them out of a supplier. Then they will beat little black girls in black communities accusing them of stealing from the shop, a shop they willingly and purposefully set up in the Black Ghetto - And then get on eyewitness news to cry and complain about Black people

Asians have made themselves vulnerable to the fringe criminals in the Black community by not respecting it and properly integrating. It is not possible for most Blacks to differentiate between Asians who subscribe to White supremacy and those who do not. Generally the assumption is that most Asians are anti-Black. People like me are able to tell the difference, but we're few and far in-between.

Andrew Yang - If you're reading this and really want the job, I'm available just PM me. I have solutions.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:58 AM

297 posts, read 133,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I've been saying this for the longest.

If Asian community leaders do not build a bridge this will turn into a race war.

Uneducated Asians should not be residing or owning businesses in the Ghetto.

There are decades of poor Asian-Black relations in this country due to poor planning on both sides. In the West Coast it's 100x worse.

A key example is antagonism involved in Korean and Chinese dominating the weave and extension supply chain even on the delivery and Point of Sale distribution end. They won't sell in bulk to Black store owners in Black communities. If a Black owned store pops up they will use connections to get it shut down by starving them out of a supplier. Then they will beat little black girls in black communities accusing them of stealing from the shop, a shop they willingly and purposefully set up in the Black Ghetto - And then get on eyewitness news to cry and complain about Black people

Asians have made themselves vulnerable to the fringe criminals in the Black community by not respecting it and properly integrating. It is not possible for most Blacks to differentiate between Asians who subscribe to White supremacy and those who do not. Generally the assumption is that most Asians are anti-Black. People like me are able to tell the difference, but we're few and far in-between.

Andrew Yang - If you're reading this and really want the job, I'm available just PM me. I have solutions.
Can you please explain, respecting it and properly integrating? What do you suggest Asians actually do?

The reference of little black girls is incorrect. They were 3 young girl but not little, and they were actually bigger then the store owner they beat up. Aside from that you might have mistaken rude vs racist. They are just as rude to other Asians. Asians open up stores in communities solely to make money and if they can build relationships in the community, they will. They are equal opportunity and understand the market - they just lack the customer service side.

Last edited by Uggggs; 04-30-2021 at 06:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City