Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 04:37 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'd love to meet a landlord whose humanity pays the bills. Where do they get money from to keep the lights on, water running, taxes paid, maintenance up to date? From you?
Lol @ humanity

Like I said there's LLs who are not in this predicament, to them I salute, because obviously they know how to run a business despite government intervention

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 04:38 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
If notices posted in question were "72 hour notice", then yes those households faced eviction. Those notices tell you either get your behind down to court and seek some sort of stay, or start packing up your stuff and get the heck out.
I have no idea. I didn’t read them that closely. Nothing to do with the letter I got.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Hmm. I thought your question was why aren't people in the lottery forum talking about not paying rent, and my answer/guess is because they ARE paying rent.
Yes clearly they are paying their rent but if there's a current eviction moratorium why are they not doing the same as their 3 family brethren

Old 09-02-2021, 04:43 PM

Most LLs won't live in their own apartments they rent, why, because the apartments suck, thats why

Old 09-02-2021, 04:45 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yes clearly they are paying their rent but if there's a current eviction moratorium why are they not doing the same as their 3 family brethren
You mean why aren't they not paying the rent? Haven't we come full circle? You lost me.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
You mean why aren't they not paying the rent? Haven't we come full circle? You lost me.
Sorry if I was not clear. My question is - why isnt this a topic on the housing lottery forum? There are people actually TRYING to pay somebody rent on there.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:48 PM

Real LLs, I have a question - do you ever have the option to not renew someone's lease?

Old 09-02-2021, 04:48 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,633,616 times
Quote:
Lol @ humanity

Like I said there's LLs who are not in this predicament, to them I salute, because obviously they know how to run a business despite government intervention
I'm not in any predicament - our tenants aren't in arrears. We have long-term tenants currently probably because we hardly raise the rent. We're not such brilliant business people actually. I know someone else who's in a terrible situation from a non-paying tenant who brought bedbugs! And this woman is physically disabled. The policy is just unfair.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:50 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,633,616 times
Quote:
Real LLs, I have a question - do you ever have the option to not renew someone's lease?
If it's not rent stabilized

Old 09-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I'm not in any predicament - our tenants aren't in arrears. We have long-term tenants currently probably because we hardly raise the rent. We're not such brilliant business people actually. I know someone else who's in a terrible situation from a non-paying tenant who brought bedbugs! And this woman is physically disabled. The policy is just unfair.
I feel you are leaving a lot out of this story

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City