Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was the Marine Right or Wrong? Wrong or Right?
Right 52 71.23%
Wrong 10 13.70%
Not sure 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 07:23 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,944,967 times

Advertisements

Yeah unfortunately this is the world we live in now: need to carefully choose the businesses we frequent. Or just be a lefty, then anyone will cater to you.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 07:35 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,258,196 times
As predicted, charged with manslaughter. Jury selection will turn into a circus. The ONLY people who would vote to convict this guys are black NYCers (not all but a major subset) and woke whites (mainly yuppies/ new age hipsters). The lawyers on both sides know this. This will all come down to jury selection.

This will be a circus.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:10 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,214,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
As predicted, charged with manslaughter. Jury selection will turn into a circus. The ONLY people who would vote to convict this guys are black NYCers (not all but a major subset) and woke whites (mainly yuppies/ new age hipsters). The lawyers on both sides know this. This will all come down to jury selection.

This will be a circus.
The Gail Brewer and Jerry Nadler demographic would vote to convict.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:13 PM

2,437 posts, read 1,214,424 times
Saw this on the 6:30 National ABC news, of course that had the pics of him in the MJ get up, which he hasn't worn in years.

Any charges for the other people who helped hold him down? Serious question.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:51 PM

427 posts, read 153,912 times
I look forward to the next article where tough New Yawkers complain that no men stepped in to stop a woman being raped on the subway during rush hour.

He should not have gotten involved. NYC and New Yorkers do not deserve being saved. Leaving and letting the scum reap what they've sown was the best course of action.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:02 PM

360 posts, read 167,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post

This will be a circus.
Black privilege

Old 05-11-2023, 09:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
I look forward to the next article where tough New Yawkers complain that no men stepped in to stop a woman being raped on the subway during rush hour.

He should not have gotten involved. NYC and New Yorkers do not deserve being saved. Leaving and letting the scum reap what they've sown was the best course of action.
You can bet stormgal will be one of them complaining!

But yes, good word of advice. Do not help anyone in these liberal cities, no matter how sad they may look while gettin’ beaten by the criminal thugs that at other times, they feel so much compassion for and defend so much.

Old 05-12-2023, 04:18 AM

5,806 posts, read 2,934,065 times
There should be a go fund me page for his defense.
A good law firm would get him off free.

Wonder how it would be if a marine was black.

Old 05-12-2023, 04:23 AM

19,036 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You can bet stormgal will be one of them complaining!

But yes, good word of advice. Do not help anyone in these liberal cities, no matter how sad they may look while gettin’ beaten by the criminal thugs that at other times, they feel so much compassion for and defend so much.
I say it often. I’m not helping anyone. There is no way I am going to jail for some random person, man, woman, maybe even child. My kids are much more important to me than anyone else in the world.

NYC did this to itself by veering too far towards perp love. The new motto needs to be “See something, look away,” because I’m not even risking a 911 call. For all I know, Bragg will find something to charge me for if he has proof I was on a scene.

…and of course I have to take the subway today.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-12-2023, 04:30 AM

5,806 posts, read 2,934,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I say it often. I’m not helping anyone. There is no way I am going to jail for some random person, man, woman, maybe even child. My kids are much more important to me than anyone else in the world.

NYC did this to itself by veering too far towards perp love. The new motto needs to be “See something, look away,” because I’m not even risking a 911 call. For all I know, Bragg will find something to charge me for if he has proof I was on a scene.

…and of course I have to take the subway today.
An honest and sad truth.
Once great city, turned into a city of cowards and criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City