Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 11:37 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Most come here voluntarily who enjoy nature and the outdoors. Sedentary types never appreciate it as they confine themselves to the city and strip malls. I am thrilled you share my enthusiasm. All the best to you.
Same to you my friend! What's not to be enthusiastic about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 11:55 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,329,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Same to you my friend! What's not to be enthusiastic about!
How about the heat and the brown dry desert? Yes that's a big thing to hate about Arizona. Let's face it. The "beauty" in Arizona is based around brown dirt. Sure, it may make for an interesting vacation. But not a permanent place to live unless you really don't like trees, vegetation, water and temperatures below 100 degrees half the year. I'll give it to you. If you really dislike those things, then Arizona is up your alley. Otherwise I'll stay in Upstate NY thank you very much and you can keep your dirt and heat.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2797 View Post
How about the heat and the brown dry desert? Yes that's a big thing to hate about Arizona. Let's face it. The "beauty" in Arizona is based around brown dirt. Sure, it may make for an interesting vacation. But not a permanent place to live unless you really don't like trees, vegetation, water and temperatures below 100 degrees half the year. I'll give it to you. If you really dislike those things, then Arizona is up your alley. Otherwise I'll stay in Upstate NY thank you very much and you can keep your dirt and heat.
Do you really think that I care about what you opinion is? Keep posting! I love it when you make a fool out of yourself.

Old 08-22-2015, 11:59 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,719,283 times
Quote:
You obviously have never spent time throughout our state and you are making yourself more ignorant. Ex NYer lives over a mile above sea level in a green forest where it seldomly hits triple digits. Your reading comprehension stinks!!

Old 08-22-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You obviously have never spent time throughout our state and you are making yourself more ignorant. Ex NYer lives over a mile above sea level in a green forest where it seldomly hits triple digits. Your reading comprehension stinks!!
It's no use, better to let them make a fool of themselves. From this point on I'm just going to ignore them.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Payson AZ is nothing but brown dirt and doesn't have 4 seasons at 5000 ft.. Now enjoy your labatts and lake effect snow while Payson and Prescott enjoy highs of 50 and lows of 20 with occasional snow that won't cripple you. Both cities typical are in the low 90s in the summer with lows around 60. With light humidity it is more comfy than 80s in upstate NY
Attached Thumbnails
Do you miss NY now the you have left?-20150703_184327.jpg  

Old 08-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Ahh, the generic response when somebody points out where you live isn't the utopia somebody believes it is. Actually I have lived for a few years outside of NY state. And I have an education and degree that can take me any place I want. I turned down job offers in both Boston and Seattle to come back to Rochester. So don't tell me "obviously" on something you "obviously" are clueless on.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Payson AZ is nothing but brown dirt and doesn't have 4 seasons at 5000 ft.. Now enjoy your labatts and lake effect snow while Payson and Prescott enjoy highs of 50 and lows of 20 with occasional snow that won't cripple you. Both cities typical are in the low 90s in the summer with lows around 60. With light humidity it is more comfy than 80s in upstate NY
You do realize that pic you just posted is not very flattering of the environment don't you? I see a bunch of weeds and dirt.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
It's no use, better to let them make a fool of themselves. From this point on I'm just going to ignore them.
You think I'm making a fool of myself pointing out that Arizona is full of dirt, heat and drought? I'm sorry if it offends you but that is a fact.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Ahh, the generic response when somebody points out where you live isn't the utopia somebody believes it is. Actually I have lived for a few years outside of NY state. And I have an education and degree that can take me any place I want. I turned down job offers in both Boston and Seattle to come back to Rochester. So don't tell me "obviously" on something you "obviously" are clueless on.
Answer the question....where in Arizona have you been to make these ridiculous generalizations ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York