Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
OP, I can understand and relate to what you are going through. I work from home 2-3 days a week and my home office is located in the front corner of the house with my desk facing double windows with a window to the side of it as well. A married couple and their grown son live next door and I have known them a long time. The man is retired but wife still works as does the son. Their driveway is like grand central station. All day long I see the man come and go. A lot. I can't help but notice it and yes, I do wonder where he goes all the time. It's baffling. I certainly don't think I'm being nosey just because I have noticed it.

the man since he is retired is probably bored and just does things to occupy his time until his wife comes home, that to me is logical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,978 times
I think we can stop smacking the OP around here...

IF you feel that something illegal is going on at your neighbor's house - and it IS possible that they're dealing drugs - you should probably consider calling the police, just to talk to them about it. After that, let the police handle it.

On the other hand, if it's just a guy who you think has an eccentric schedule, let it be. Lots of people have odd work hours. Others hang out at bars and/or with friends. And some are mentally ill, and simply do odd things. No big deal. No harm, no foul.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,219,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I think we can stop smacking the OP around here...

IF you feel that something illegal is going on at your neighbor's house - and it IS possible that they're dealing drugs - you should probably consider calling the police, just to talk to them about it. After that, let the police handle it.

On the other hand, if it's just a guy who you think has an eccentric schedule, let it be. Lots of people have odd work hours. Others hang out at bars and/or with friends. And some are mentally ill, and simply do odd things. No big deal. No harm, no foul.
I totally agree. The whole purpose of my posts were just to give an example of how it's natural to notice and wonder about someone or something you find odd or out of the ordinary. It doesn't mean you dwell on it, lose sleep over it or are being nosey. In my case, I couldn't care less what the man does and the only time it crosses my mind (other than my posts here..hahaha) is when I'm working from home and see it. Just a brief reflection on my part when I see him do it. As you say, no harm no foul.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,786,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
You were obviously born in the wrong country, wrong time. You would be far more at home in the Soviet Union, where your observations would be on interest to the KGB.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 AM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:
I have a neighbor who seems to come and go at all hours of the day, and even late at night I've seen him come home at 1:00AM, then leave again twenty minutes later and then return at 2:00AM. I have no idea what he does for a living -- does anybody have any ideas about what he's doing? I'm afraid to ask him directly (may be a hitman, drug dealer, etc.)...
A hitman? If he is, make friends with him. If you have any problems, he may take care of them for you.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,676,119 times
This tread made me laugh! I think I am a normal concerned neighbor in that I would report strange activity. I define "strange" in this case as, involving a stranger snooping around someones house. If its been a windy day I will return trash cans to the correct property. I pick up and return stray pets also. As far as the hours my neighbors keep I pay no attention whatsoever nor do I believe its any of my business. I would think I had alittle too much time on my hands if I did.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
I thought of this thread over the weekend, as I left my apartment and went to the bank, ran to "Rite Aid", and went back up to my apartment. I then realized I needed to go to "CVS" which is up the block and get my perscription filled, which I did, came back home....thought a while and said, Oh, I should go to the "eye glass" place and have the man tighten my glasses, which is up the block, so I did.

Then came back. anyway, I will not bore everyone to death about my errands, but I had been going in and out of the apartment about 9 times during the day till evening, I wonder if I was a topic of anyone noticing me going in and out of the building all day long..........

Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
I think this thread should be moved to Unexplained Mysteries & Paranormal Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Please don't move in next to me!!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Then came back. anyway, I will not bore everyone to death about my errands...
But I was fascinated by the events of your day!

I'm scatterbrained. I'll go to the grocery store, buy everything BUT what I went there to buy. Then I run out again because I need it to make dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I think this thread should be moved to Unexplained Mysteries & Paranormal Forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships