Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:53 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times

Advertisements

If my wife dies before I do I know one thing for sure, I am not going to be looking for someone my age to date. My wife is 6 years younger than me. I will be looking for someone a lot younger than her. What guy wouldn't do that? One of our VP's did just that. He is in his early 60's and married a girl that was 28. Yes she is one pretty little lady. For him though he also has a nice home at the harbor and a couple of Bentleys in the garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 01:59 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
One of my male friends is 42 and recently started "dating" (cradle robbing?) an 18 year old girl (like she JUST turned 18 and JUST graduated high school for god's sake). I find it to be disgusting!!! His own daughter is 22. What could they possibly have in common? Um NOTHING! I barely talk to him anymore because I just think it's super weird and bordering on child molestation.

You sound jealous of the 18 year old. Maybe because like your screenname, your "Avocado" is "Rusty" and you're not in demand in anymore

Old 06-18-2015, 02:18 PM

804 posts, read 1,075,819 times
I am 35 and I have a friend old enough to be my father, he is 58.

He worked with my father for many years and always came over to have his car fixed by my father at our house.

He got me into computers and building my own. I used to hang out with him when I was in high school and still do. Although he has never married he is very straight and has never made any sort of sexual advance toward me ever. I am bi and I have no sexual interest in him what so ever.He is the best friend I ever had.

I know its not the same as an older man being with a younger girl but I was around him a lot before I turned 18 and nothing bad ever happened.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:38 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
He wants to bounce her on his knee and have her call him daddy?
There you go talking sexy like that.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersbone View Post
I am 35 and I have a friend old enough to be my father, he is 58.

He worked with my father for many years and always came over to have his car fixed by my father at our house.

He got me into computers and building my own. I used to hang out with him when I was in high school and still do. Although he has never married he is very straight and has never made any sort of sexual advance toward me ever. I am bi and I have no sexual interest in him what so ever.He is the best friend I ever had.

I know its not the same as an older man being with a younger girl but I was around him a lot before I turned 18 and nothing bad ever happened.
35 and 58? Even if you were seeing him at 35 I would assume you were adult enough to be responsible for who you choose to date.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:52 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
ONE WORD, and one word only:

Sex.

He hopes to date her. And honestly, at 18, she's an adult so that is not even an issue. I am 30-something and date men well into their 60's if the connection is there. I'd also date an 18 year old guy if he was mature well beyond his years; and some of them are. As long as they're legal, why not?

I don't age discriminate.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:57 PM

663 posts, read 1,724,812 times
Are we talking friends or more than friends? A lot of people are assuming the latter, but that may not be the case. I'm a 36 year old male. My friends range in age from 19 to 50. Some of them are girls. Some of them are at the lower end of that age range. They just happen to be in my friend group. I invite them to things I invite other friends to and I see them when I see my other friends. We have common interests but not romantic ones. But the bigger the age gap, the smaller the chance of having those common interests. Out of my younger friends, there's only one or two that I hang out with regularly and they are both guys. I'd have no qualms hanging out with my younger female friends one on one or in a smaller group but I have no desire to do so.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:08 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I just friended my ex-boyfriend's son on FB. I'm 39 - he's 18. I consider him the closest thing I ever had to a child and want to help him get ahead in life after the rocky beginning he had.

I agree that's a nice cause there.... these days the line between helping a person out and sex is pretty blurred.. one can really get away with both... there doesn't need to be the sexual tension that people claim there was in the past due to some supposed moral stigma against it (even though they all did it anyways and just didn't tell anyone)

Women don't understand sometimes though for guys sex can just be sex... there doesn't necessarily need to be an emotional attraction.. not that I'd support using 18 year olds for that purpose but I'm sure it happens....

Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
it most certainly can be a friendship only arrangement .. i had one with a young girl starting with when she was 14 and i was 50 .. she loved my hotrod cars and would always wave at me when i drove past her home .. she lived just down the street .. i would do burnouts for her from time to time ..it was two years before i learned her name .. she moved away after finishing school and had a child in a quick bad marriage .. she moved back home recently and we reconnected and in a stupid drunken stupor i did bring up sex to her and she has shunned me every since .. breaks my heart ..

Old 06-18-2015, 03:53 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Can anyone explain?

Please... don't overburden me with any information. I'm more than capable of taking blind stabs in the dark without any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships