Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:04 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
it most certainly can be a friendship only arrangement .. i had one with a young girl starting with when she was 14 and i was 50 .. she loved my hotrod cars and would always wave at me when i drove past her home .. she lived just down the street .. i would do burnouts for her from time to time ..it was two years before i learned her name .. she moved away after finishing school and had a child in a quick bad marriage .. she moved back home recently and we reconnected and in a stupid drunken stupor i did bring up sex to her and she has shunned me every since .. breaks my heart ..
I think I just threw-up a little in my mouth...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,624,328 times
Are they friends or are they just friendly? If she is an employee at a place he frequents or they work together or they take classes together and they talk to each other during those times, that's friendly. If they meet alone outside of any of these, or text each other, or call each other, that's friends (or more).

Old 06-18-2015, 09:59 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,444,467 times
Without knowing ANY other details, in all likelihood he wants this woman...either for sex or sex/relationship. If I were in his spot at that age, that would be the most probable reasoning that would make sense from his perspective.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:21 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
One of my male friends is 42 and recently started "dating" (cradle robbing?) an 18 year old girl (like she JUST turned 18 and JUST graduated high school for god's sake). I find it to be disgusting!!! His own daughter is 22. What could they possibly have in common? Um NOTHING! I barely talk to him anymore because I just think it's super weird and bordering on child molestation.
She is of age. Leave her alone. Would you really rather she be with an 18 year old?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Can anyone explain?

18 is legal right? So why hate the game?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:36 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think I just threw-up a little in my mouth...

wait, wtf did I just read...

Old 06-18-2015, 11:48 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
wait, wtf did I just read...
He was 50 when she was 14? And he wanted her?... Then she graduated (18?) which would make him 54... and he tried to sleep with her but she shunned him and he doesn't understand why.

THAT, my dear, is called grooming. He tried to groom her and when his plot failed, he was "heart-broken".. ugh..

Deranged, man.. truly deranged.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:45 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
it most certainly can be a friendship only arrangement .. i had one with a young girl starting with when she was 14 and i was 50 .. she loved my hotrod cars and would always wave at me when i drove past her home .. she lived just down the street .. i would do burnouts for her from time to time ..it was two years before i learned her name .. she moved away after finishing school and had a child in a quick bad marriage .. she moved back home recently and we reconnected and in a stupid drunken stupor i did bring up sex to her and she has shunned me every since .. breaks my heart ..
Ermmmmm. Yeahhh.... I dont think you want to say that in public. You do have the right to remain silent for a reason, you know.

Old 06-19-2015, 05:57 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Well. I asked this question because I wonder why my friend talks to this girl who is 18. I dont know the content of their conversations, but they do talk privately often, though not more often than he and I talk. To my knowledge, he isnt interested in romance with her, but she does have a crush on him and writes in her blog about how she likes him after they finish talking. How she "hasnt felt this way about a guy since" another guy in the past. And "dont be afraid, its only love" right after talking to him again.

Theyre friends on Facebook as well, which he doesnt even use, so he mustve only used it recently just to add her. I believe he just likes her looks and would date her if she were a bit older. They live closer to each other than he and I do, but never met. Shes not that pretty, imo, but is skinny and has very long, blonde hair and a beautiful Facebook picture. I think he finds her attractive, but I really dont know the scope of their friendship. She is the type who always has a boyfriend though, so she is attractive to men.

I just wanted to know what people think of a friendship like this, but I guess it doesnt matter.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:18 AM

10 posts, read 9,479 times
Yiuppy ,
I don't think that friendship between opposite genders actually exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships