Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,783,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I don't have one. I have no use. I have a CELLAR PHONE. It doesn't take pictures, but I can text. I don't carry it around. I go to work, it stays home. If I drive some distance, I take it, in case of car problems. That's the main reason I have it really because pay phones don't exist.
Does it stay in your basement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,817,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I don't have one. I have no use. I have a CELLAR PHONE. It doesn't take pictures, but I can text. I don't carry it around. I go to work, it stays home. If I drive some distance, I take it, in case of car problems. That's the main reason I have it really because pay phones don't exist.
Do you carry a camera?
In some of those "car problems,"
it pays to document the evidence.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:53 PM

1,069 posts, read 714,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Again, unless I'm hanging with you and ignoring you or almost slamming into you on the road, it isn't any of your business. I'll stare at my phone all I want and anyone who doesn't like it is free to make the biggest pouting whiny boo-hoo face all they want, while I continue to realize that it isn't any of their business.
i will do what i want, when i want and i dont care who likes it and who doesnt....the mindset of the self entitled

Old 09-17-2015, 08:43 PM

23,267 posts, read 29,118,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
It just makes it that much funnier to see videos of these deeply-absorbed jack@sses walking into poles, fountains, etc. because they're too busy on their phones!
When I see people, particularly at night, walking the streets, with their faces in their screens, along with their ear buds, I'm quite shocked at how innocent these people appear to be, not worrying about being so distracted and being robbed?

What a perfect ideal situation for a would-be robber!!!

Old 09-17-2015, 09:09 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,180,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When I see people, particularly at night, walking the streets, with their faces in their screens, along with their ear buds, I'm quite shocked at how innocent these people appear to be, not worrying about being so distracted and being robbed?

What a perfect ideal situation for a would-be robber!!!
In the local news this past summer, there were a series of incidents in which criminals did rob people of their I-phones who were out jogging, walking dogs, etc. Very scary. I have also heard of numerous cases where people have died in the process of being robbed of their I-phones (or in the process of tracking their stolen I-phones):

Apple Picking: How The iPhone Became An Object Worth Killing For

Here are some other stories of people whose lives were ruined (or lost) because of their stupid social media/I-phone addiction - very sad:

9 Craziest Stories of Social Media Addiction - ODDEE

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I can never go anywhere without my phone (and charger if I'm gone awhile) and am rarely not using it in some capacity..........and couldn't care less what anyone thinks of it.
A typical signs-of-the-times societal attitude ...that of a mindless addicted drone who couldn't give a damn about anyone but me. me. me. This will come back to bite you one day, my friend.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:19 AM

23,267 posts, read 29,118,234 times
It's the spying part that irks me the most! Can't you hear J. Edgar Hoover laughing from his grave!!!

Shortly after the invention of the telephone, late 1800's, the dreams/curiosities were already there: I wonder what my political opponents are up to!

Some of those dreams already materialized in the 1920's: wire tapping, hidden microphones, buggings.

And the acceleration of the spying has now culminated in Smartphones/Cellphones/Internet. Snowden had nothing new to reveal, he only generated another belly laugh from J. Edgar Hoover!

When I tell people I take long walks after midnite, they're shocked I don't take my "spy" along.

"What would you do if you were assaulted or robbed?"

Being the wimpy type, they'd not only take my wallet but my phone as well! What good would my phone do me!!!

And with no land line at home, and the near absence of pay phones today, to call Sprint at 1am?

Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 AM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
" I've Freaking Had It With Smart Phones! "

I wouldn't know, my phone is stupid. It can text and send crappy pictures, that's about it.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:48 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,851,130 times
The new wrist "smarty," phones are really scary. What are the thieves going to do; cut your hand off for your phone????? Some things are just not good ideas.

I want to be far away from demanding phones......worked in the telephone industry/customer service, repair, testing, & talking on the phones in one capacity or another for lots of years. Forget about it.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:52 AM

50,999 posts, read 36,695,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
and

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I concur completely.

I use my phone all I want, when I want, how I want, and BECAUSE I want (and not on the road where I'm crashing into everybody). If I wanted other people's opinions, I'd beat it out of them
Considering this is like the third or fourth post where you have repeated the same mantra, I think most of us are more than aware of your feelings on the issue.

We get it! You can use your phone as much as you want, where ever you want, and we just have to suck it, ha ha, because there is nothing we can do about it. We get it. We got it the first time you said it. We just haven't responded because it's too juvenile to even give credence to, but apparently you are going to keep posting it until you get some attention, so here you go.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 09-18-2015 at 09:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships