Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 08:37 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,307,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, girl you are missing an awesome opportunity. You just need to come up with a version of her name that would sound ghetto to her, and call her that. Or just call her Bella Tacqueria or something like that. You really need to play this one up.

You could also find a poster of a big black guy - maybe a Luther poster of Idris Elba and put it up in whatever bathroom she uses when she comes over. Or a Samuel Jackson poster, I don't know - anyway, oh my gosh, would I have fun with this one!

We took my stepson to a Cinco de Mayo festival one time. He was almost in a state of culture shock but he couldn't leave till we did because he was only 14 and we were driving. I bought a T shirt with the Virgin of Guadelupe on it and changed into it there and insisted on walking around with him. I thought he was going to die of discomfort but he laughs about it now. He just needed a bit of cultural exposure.
Thank u for that idea!!!

Old 12-28-2015, 08:40 PM

22,623 posts, read 19,329,340 times
Quote:
Or a Samuel Jackson poster, I don't know - anyway, oh my gosh, would I have fun with this one!
Samuel Jackson. In a kilt. Definitely.

which reminds me....step son? dating girls? or.....?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:42 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,549,450 times
Quote:
Oh, girl you are missing an awesome opportunity. You just need to come up with a version of her name that would sound ghetto to her, and call her that. Or just call her Bella Tacqueria or something like that. You really need to play this one up.

You could also find a poster of a big black guy - maybe a Luther poster of Idris Elba and put it up in whatever bathroom she uses when she comes over. Or a Samuel Jackson poster, I don't know - anyway, oh my gosh, would I have fun with this one!

We took my stepson to a Cinco de Mayo festival one time. He was almost in a state of culture shock but he couldn't leave till we did because he was only 14 and we were driving. I bought a T shirt with the Virgin of Guadelupe on it and changed into it there and insisted on walking around with him. I thought he was going to die of discomfort but he laughs about it now. He just needed a bit of cultural exposure.
Perfect Christmas present for next year!

Old 12-28-2015, 08:44 PM

920 posts, read 934,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Sweet black baby James?! Oh lord, when did he turn into bbq sauce?
Long after his Aunt Jamima turned into maple syrup

Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 PM

88,760 posts, read 85,140,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Sweet black baby James?! Oh lord, when did he turn into bbq sauce?
It's to disguise the ham. Which has its own chair.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,354,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's to disguise the ham. Which has its own chair.

In the dining room with the beer.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 PM

12,889 posts, read 9,132,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
When we left, I said to my husband in the car, NEVER again will I attend his family's Thanksgiving dinner. We weren't welcome and were treated like crap. They knew we were late and why.....not because we were having a great time. We have no control over the weather. I was STARVING when we left because so little food was offered to us....like we were some freaking peasants. We ended up eating at Cracker Barrel on our way home.....completely random strangers were far kinder to us. Lesson learned!

I'm so sorry for you. My dear aunt, rest her soul, always had the family to her house for Christmas Eve dinner. Don't worry, even if she didn't know you, she would not have let you leave her house hungry. Forty or so people. Eating in the kitchen. Eating in the living room. Eating on the porch swing. Standing. Sitting. Kids running in and out. One big happy extended family, friends, and neighbors.

And, if someone had brought Taco Bell, no one would have been offended.

I just feel sorry for the husband/father in all this. Caught between two women. He can't win. Though if either of them push too hard for him to take sides in their cat fight... well, just be sure they can afford the cost.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:57 PM

18,256 posts, read 15,790,249 times
Time to book the venue for her wedding! Just like this couple did...

Click to see full size
Dissed at Christmas dinner. What would you have done?-taco-bell-wedding.jpg

Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,270,283 times
Quote:

Laughing myself now... They are in the South. I would just get a t-shirt that proudly proclaims, "Step-momma of Taco Belle!" Be sure to have her picture on it!

Last edited by photobuff42; 12-28-2015 at 09:28 PM..

Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 PM

13,981 posts, read 26,003,195 times
OP, I sincerely hope that by now, you are laughing along with the rest of us. This thread has become hilarious, thanks folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships