Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,740,545 times

Advertisements

As long as they're not smoking indoors where I am or outdoors and blowing it in my face, I don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 09:21 AM

16,429 posts, read 12,560,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
My house and car doesn't smell. They have an aroma. Non smokers keep visiting me so I guess everyone is different.

You may not think they do, but they probably do, even if you don't smoke in them. I have a coworker whose office smells of stale cigarettes. Of course, she's never smoked in her office. She doesn't think there's a smell, but there is.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:40 AM

8,280 posts, read 8,684,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You may not think they do, but they probably do, even if you don't smoke in them. I have a coworker whose office smells of stale cigarettes. Of course, she's never smoked in her office. She doesn't think there's a smell, but there is.
That was a joke about it's aroma not stink.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:24 PM

19,972 posts, read 30,284,784 times
yes of course …..why not?? no one smokes in someones house anymore or in front of people without warning them

no need to treat smokers like lepers..... now if you said vegans.... that'd be different smokers dont try to convert you or look down their nose

Old 09-22-2018, 05:38 PM

26 posts, read 33,293 times
I am a non-smoker. I tried smoking cigarettes a few times but found the flavor too acrid, and also got too nauseated and lightheaded and never attempted again.

But the sight of an attractive female smoker is just too arousing and sexy I have no problem to be a friend or even marry one.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 PM

867 posts, read 727,991 times
I will have nothing to do drug users, and that includes those who use pot in any form.* People who drink socially are fine, though I myself don't drink. (Alcoholics are a definite no!) As for tobacco smokers/vapers, that's a more difficult question. I abhor smoking, which has killed several in my family. I could be casual friends with a smoker or a vaper if they don't smoke/vape around me, but I would never date one.

*I would make an exception for someone who, for medical reasons, uses CBD.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:59 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,441,372 times
I don't smoke but just about every woman I ever dated did.My wife does....I'd like her to quit for health and financial reasons but the smell doesn't bother me.I don't drink or smoke weed either but have plenty of friends who do,doesn't bother me.

Old 09-23-2018, 08:51 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,885,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
If you are a non-smoker/user, could you intentionally associate, even be friends with a smoker, vaper, dipper, et cetera? Drug user? Weed user? Edibles eaters? The list goes on.

I was married to a very heavy smoker for 28 years, I have never smoked. I could not go through that again no matter how much I loved her. A super model could come along, and if she smoked, I would have to pass on her.

I never realized how everything that is associated with a smoker smells to high Hell of smoke. My ex kept my cat for 3 days for me, and I had to bath him twice when he came home. If she brings me something, I have to toss it out due to the smell.

Smoking is one of the dirtiest habits on the planet.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:57 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,292,077 times
I am a non-smoker, have always been a non-smoker and I hate everything about smoking and cigarette smoke. Smoking also killed my mother. But I have plenty of friends who are smokers (or were smokers over the years, many have quit at this stage, but not all) and have hung out in lots of smoking situations over the years, including hosting smokers and allowing smoking in my own home. I am at an age where I no longer want people to smoke in my home. But people smoking at a party or something wouldn't stop me from going, if it was an event I wanted attend.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:02 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,355,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayed View Post
I am a non-smoker. I tried smoking cigarettes a few times but found the flavor too acrid, and also got too nauseated and lightheaded and never attempted again.

But the sight of an attractive female smoker is just too arousing and sexy I have no problem to be a friend or even marry one.

Have you ever kissed a smoker? It's gross - like licking an ashtray. BTW my husband died of lung cancer ten years after he quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships