Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 08:42 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
You think I should be admonished and not the thief?

The jewelry was somewhat hidden. Not out in the open or even in a jewelry box on a shelf. The thief had to search through the drawers to find it.

You were careless. Now you want to blame someone and we're supposed to help you point a finger at the "culprit." No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 08:45 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Excluding the cleaning people, there are a number of people in your family who knew the value and location of the heirlooms. I think that is where you should look first. I don't think you should expect to see it again.
Only I knew where they were because I put them there. Besides my sister, nobody else has visited that room in years.

The cleaners come twice a month though and my mother said its not always the same people. Sometimes its someone she's never seen before. They are there left alone to clean all day.

I dont want to suspect people of theft, but its literally the only people who had the opportunity.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:47 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,740,688 times
First, I have to agree that having jewelry in a house in another state where you are consistently not there is mistake number 1.

Mistake number two is letting cleaners into that home when you are consistently not there and in another state and having valuables there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance claim is denied. Since you gave access to the home to the cleaning crew, but then denied compensation from them!

And to answer your questions, NO I would not continue with the cleaning company!

Old 01-06-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
You were careless. Now you want to blame someone and we're supposed to help you point a finger at the "culprit." No thanks.
I was asking if you would have done the same (fire the cleaners or not fire them).

Are you angry at me about something?

Old 01-06-2020, 08:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I was asking if you would have done the same (fire the cleaners or not fire them).

Are you angry at me about something?
Firing the cleaners wouldn't have mattered. Staff in cleaning agencies come and go and theft is a big problem with them. That's why, when people use cleaners, they remove all things of value such as jewelry and keep them in a safe or put them in a lock box at the bank - particularly when the cleaners are in the home when nobody else is.

It would have been a tit for tat move, but it wouldn't have reduced the risk of theft.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:52 PM

1,159 posts, read 620,805 times
They always blame the help.....

Old 01-06-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
First, I have to agree that having jewelry in a house in another state where you are consistently not there is mistake number 1.

Mistake number two is letting cleaners into that home when you are consistently not there and in another state and having valuables there.

I wouldn't be surprised if the insurance claim is denied. Since you gave access to the home to the cleaning crew, but then denied compensation from them!

And to answer your questions, NO I would not continue with the cleaning company!
I wouldnt either. Thats all I was looking for.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Firing the cleaners wouldn't have mattered. Staff in cleaning agencies come and go and theft is a big problem with them. That's why, when people use cleaners, they remove all things of value such as jewelry and keep them in a safe or put them in a lock box at the bank - particularly when the cleaners are in the home when nobody else is.

It would have been a tit for tat move, but it wouldn't have reduced the risk of theft.
Ok, I never let strangers in my house so I dont know the protocol. I thought my stuff was safer at my parents because their town is one of the safest in the country. Now I know.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:01 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
WHY were you storing your precious jewels away from your home and care?

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
WHY were you storing your precious jewels away from your home and care?
My parents town is very safe. Where I live though theres a drug problem and burglaries. I thought it would be safer there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships