Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 07:43 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times

Advertisements

Recently I discovered that all of the fine jewelry I have was missing from the place I keep it in my guest room in my family's house (in another state, not my current residence). I have kept that jewelry there for years and years and know for a fact I didn't move it anywhere else, or pawn it, or give it away. A police report was made and an insurance claim will be made. (I kept the jewelry there because the only time I wore it is was when I was there.)

The only people we can imagine it could have been were the cleaners, as they are the only ones who have had access, besides first degree family, and I personally don't suspect any first degree family of doing it.

My mother confronted the cleaning company and they apologized profusely for it and offered compensation, which my mother declined, and then decided to continue with that company.

If this happened to you, would you have continued with the cleaning company, given all the information above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 07:49 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
If it's been there for "years and years", who knows what happened to it really or when it went missing.

You can't prove they took it and if nothing else has gone missing then...

Go get your stuff if you want to watch over it.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
If it's been there for "years and years", who knows what happened to it really or when it went missing?

I checked on it whenever I was there, which is at least once per year. I am pretty sure I saw it there within the past year.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:52 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Recently I discovered that all of the fine jewelry I have was missing from the place I keep it in my guest room in my family's house (in another state, not my current residence). I have kept that jewelry there for years and years and know for a fact I didn't move it anywhere else, or pawn it, or give it away. A police report was made and an insurance claim will be made. (I kept the jewelry there because the only time I wore it is was when I was there.)

The only people we can imagine it could have been were the cleaners, as they are the only ones who have had access, besides first degree family, and I personally don't suspect any first degree family of doing it.

My mother confronted the cleaning company and they apologized profusely for it and offered compensation, which my mother declined, and then decided to continue with that company.

If this happened to you, would you have continued with the cleaning company, given all the information above?
Slow down. You think the cleaners stole your jewellery, but you haven't told us how many people have keys. You don't suspect your family, but you don't know that they were not involved in the disappearance of (valuable?) jewellery.

I think your mother agrees that it was not the cleaning company.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Slow down. You think the cleaners stole your jewellery, but you haven't told us how many people have keys. You don't suspect your family, but you don't know that they were not involved in the disappearance of (valuable?) jewellery.

I think your mother agrees that it was not the cleaning company.

Who do you think it was?

It was fine jewelry, so gold and gemstones.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:04 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Since you didn't bother putting it in a safe or even a safe deposit box, I guess the jewelry didn't mean that much to you.

You could have had it insured under a Fine Arts rider to the homeowner policy. That's what I do with my precious metal jewelry.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Since you didn't bother putting it in a safe or even a safe deposit box, I guess the jewelry didn't mean that much to you.

You could have had it insured under a Fine Arts rider to the homeowner policy. That's what I do with my precious metal jewelry.
You think I should be admonished and not the thief?

The jewelry was somewhat hidden. Not out in the open or even in a jewelry box on a shelf. The thief had to search through the drawers to find it.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:12 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,058,283 times
Suspect your family, I'll bet on it !

Old 01-06-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Suspect your family, I'll bet on it !
I cant imagine my family stealing from me.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:39 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Who do you think it was?

It was fine jewelry, so gold and gemstones.
Excluding the cleaning people, there are a number of people in your family who knew the value and location of the heirlooms. I think that is where you should look first. I don't think you should expect to see it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships