Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:12 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Let's take this step by step:

Sex apps -- it's rude to be trying to talk with other people, or meet other people, when you're vacationing with a friend. And honestly, if he can't keep his pants zipped long enough to enjoy a vacation with you, he's got a real problem.

Hooking up with others in your room -- absolutely, appallingly, disgustingly rude, wrong, inappropriate, and inexcusable. That, alone, would be cause for me to never talk to this person again. The fact that this person thinks this is something that's OK to do should be all you need to know about what kind of person he is -- and it ain't good.
Frankly, those two items gave me the impression, that his main purpose for joining the OP on these jaunts was ....

obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 12:46 PM

17,760 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Why else would he put up with all the crap his "friend" has been dishing out?
He put up with it because he doesn't have anyone else to go on vacation with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben87 View Post
I was afraid to go on vacation alone and my other friends were too busy and/or were broke to go with me

Old 02-04-2020, 12:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Many have a leech they call friend been there done that

Old 02-04-2020, 03:02 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,684,449 times
This has gone beyond bad travel habits.

He is not a friend when he has a hookup and forces you out of the room. If you could stay in the room and wanted to and were part of the hookup, of course that would be okay. But that was not the case. He needs to figure out how to get his own room or try to get hosted at other guy's place. Simple as that.

You shouldn't even try to be friends with him anymore until he pays you back what he owes you.

Even if you're in love with him, he doesn't respect you as a person.
Unless there's something you're not telling us such as he's an fwb on the side or something like that, you need to stop being a patsy and stand up for yourself. You can keep the conversation 1-1 and in-person but you should tell your ex-friend how you feel taken advantage of and that you want to be refunded for half the Ubers, his portion of the hotel expense, etc. Period.

Old 02-04-2020, 04:51 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,586,201 times
I like the story and sounds funny. He's an early riser, rushes you out the bathroom, etc.

About you paying for everything are you the person with significantly more income? If you are then he will expect that.

I knew some other guys (straight) where one always paid for the other one's drinks and food as company.

He made significantly more than the other and they didn't do vacations together.

It does get old paying for the other person because all that money you paid for him could have gone to your own debts or small investing over those years. Let's say you had an extra $300-$500 or more to blow in 2012 or 2014 and put it in bitcoin or some stock. Yeah, I'd stop going on vacations with him & find another travel friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships