Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
buckhead in 10 years?! "Midtown" Raleigh will resemble nothing of Buckhead in 10 years... I can't even imagine downtown Raleigh looking like Buckhead in 10 years. You're living in la-la land to think "Midtown" will look like Buckhead in 10 years.

Buckhead

Not sure if this is "Midtown" raleigh

SouthPark

I'll have to get better closer pics of SouthPark when I get home to my laptop. But not sure if that was Midtown Raleigh? Lol looks small? Surely that is not the "midtown" you're talking about.
You have a bad habit for making statements about things you know nothing about. Will North Hills look exactly like Buckhead in 10 years no. But going by the track record of the developer. It will resemble the area that's for sure. Given the fact everything at North Hills is new. ALL built in the last 10 years. Thru the recession. By the way that pic is old. But that is the area. Not saying the buildings will be as tall but anyone with eyes will be able to see the similarities. In the next 5 years everything on this site plan should be finished. Maybe even the 2 40 story tower sites Mr Kane wants rezoned may be done or at least started. Those are not on site plan. Sites on North Hills west side.

Let start with 120 Dartmouth. I'd say it has to be at least 10 stories. 175 units on that site.
100 plaza 15 stories
AC Hotel 10 stories (I think)
Captrust Tower 18 Stories
Tower II 18 but slightly taller for some reason
Tower III 28 stories
Tower IV ???? Rumor is as tall as 40
All of this should be finished in the next 5 years. Unless the economy tanks. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Not to mention the other items on the current site plan. Another office building and another hotel.

Let's say 8 years for the 2-40 story towers. That's being very conservative. Throw in another residential high rise or 2 over the next 2 years. There you go. Speaking about something you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about as usual.8 towers not counting First Citizens or the other high rise a block north. So that's at least 10 high rise buildings. Not the same scale but any fool could understand the comparison.Charlotte vs. Raleigh?-image.jpg

This is east side site plan. Red is UC or starting soon. Blue is planned.

What color is 100 Plaza 485? Looks like it's a little further along than you thought.

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-01-2015 at 03:15 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 03:30 PM

Charlotte vs. Raleigh?-image.jpg

This is an old site rendering. Pretty accurate though. The 2 mid rise buildings on the right side by side. Are the 2 being rezoned 40 stories. If I'm not mistaken. Either way it gives you an idea of what it should look like in 10 years or so. Obviously Buckhead-ish

Old 02-01-2015, 03:42 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
You have a bad habit for making statements about things you know nothing about. Will North Hills look exactly like Buckhead in 10 years no. But going by the track record of the developer. It will resemble the area that's for sure. Given the fact everything at North Hills is new. ALL built in the last 10 years. Thru the recession. By the way that pic is old. But that is the area. Not saying the buildings will be as tall but anyone with eyes will be able to see the similarities. In the next 5 years everything on this site plan should be finished. Maybe even the 2 40 story tower sites Mr Kane wants rezoned may be done or at least started. Those are not on site plan. Sites on North Hills west side.

Let start with 120 Dartmouth. I'd say it has to be at least 10 stories. 175 units on that site.
100 plaza 15 stories
AC Hotel 10 stories (I think)
Captrust Tower 18 Stories
Tower II 18 but slightly taller for some reason
Tower III 28 stories
Tower IV ???? Rumor is as tall as 40
All of this should be finished in the next 5 years. Unless the economy tanks. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Not to mention the other items on the current site plan. Another office building and another hotel.

Let's say 8 years for the 2-40 story towers. That's being very conservative. Throw in another residential high rise or 2 over the next 2 years. There you go. Speaking about something you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about as usual.8 towers not counting First Citizens or the other high rise a block north. So that's at least 10 high rise buildings. Not the same scale but any fool could understand the comparison.Attachment 144159

This is east side site plan. Red is UC or starting soon. Blue is planned.

What color is 100 Plaza 485? Looks like it's a little further along than you thought.

No, sweety.... "Midtown Raleigh" will not resemble Buckhead. At all.

As of now, Midtown Raleigh looks smaller (significantly smaller, actually) than SouthPark. And SouthPark an Buckhead have their fair share of large projects.

Do you not have any pictures of Midtown Raleigh to demonstrate its size? "cause. These pictures make it look trifiling (a term used by George Washington to describe Charlotte, lol)

Edit: That Last rendering looks like a small version of SouthPark.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 02-01-2015 at 04:16 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 03:44 PM

489 posts, read 911,577 times
That is to Buckhead, as much as Greensboro is to Manhattan.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
No, sweety.... "Midtown Raleigh" will not resemble Buckhead. At all.

As of now, Midtown Raleigh looks smaller (significantly smaller, actually) than SouthPark. And SouthPark an Buckhead have their fair share of large projects.

Do you not have any pictures of Midtown Raleigh to demonstrate its size? "cause. These pictures make it look trifiling (a term used by George Washington to describe Charlotte, lol)
You better get some better pictures of South Park then. Because all I see is a mall with a few mid rise buildings around it. Just like Crabtree mall in Raleigh. You and Mr(Using Mr loosely) Talbot need to wake up and get your heads out of your behinds. I showed what it will look like in 10 years. It's ok to be wrong guys. It's more than ridiculous to say it will not look like Buckhead. Not as many tall building. Obviously similar. The rendering of the completed area speaks for itself.

How can I have a pic of what it will look like in 10 years or so? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. That why I added the site rendering duh

You 2 are mighty sharp today.

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-01-2015 at 04:25 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Talbott View Post
That is to Buckhead, as much as Greensboro is to Manhattan.
Adding your usual nothing to the conversation

Old 02-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Crabtree mall is nothing like South Park Mall in Charlotte. Next time you are in town, take a look.

I've been to South Park in the last year. When is the last time you have been to Crabtree. A mall with mid rise apartments. Along with mid rise office buildings. Looks like Crabtree has more trees. Maybe you need to come down and see it in person. Not identical but very similar.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
So midtown Raleigh is going to have more & taller skyscrapers in 10 years than downtown Raleigh
?
Lmao Goodness you are so delusional.

I never said that. You are lame and tired. Please show where I said more or taller? Let's go with no. The problem is you don't know what you are talking about as usual. So now you're making up stuff now. Go back to dreaming about skyscrapers.
Charlotte vs. Raleigh?-image.jpg your first pic. Any person with eyes can see the similarities. Compared to the site plan rendering.

Last edited by Atowwn; 02-01-2015 at 06:18 PM..

Old 02-01-2015, 06:14 PM

743 posts, read 826,419 times
Midtown Raleigh is more Buckheadish than either SouthPark or Ballantyne. I doubt you ever see a high rise in either & nothing over 15 stories tall.SouthEnd will end up more like Buckhead since it is the only place outside of the uptown loop zoned for high rise structures .

Old 02-01-2015, 07:22 PM

489 posts, read 911,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I've been to South Park in the last year. When is the last time you have been to Crabtree. A mall with mid rise apartments. Along with mid rise office buildings. Looks like Crabtree has more trees. Maybe you need to come down and see it in person. Not identical but very similar.
More trees=no development
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina