Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM

52 posts, read 302,606 times

Advertisements

You sound just like me! My beautiful house has been on the market for over a month now, and no one is interested! It's the same all over the country. I did put everything into the hands of a professional realtor, just because I think I will have more chances to expose the house more, in this very difficult time. Here in south Florida it's difficult, and I think you should get a GOOD Realtor and be patient!!! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,858,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
Holly Molly....after reading thru all that banter back and forth I have a headache.

But one thing I did want to mention to you...just so the Carolina's don't leave a bad taste in your mouth completely.....you might ask how many of the people you are going back and forth with....are even living in the Carolinas now?

p.s. I was born in AZ...lived most of my life in CA...moved to SC...and for whatever it is worth to you....I think AZ is the wrong direction too...but I wish you luck!

So....has anybody been to Bojangles lately?
Speaking of Chicken and biscuits...Sounds good! You buying?

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
I have a headache too, dont get me wrong most of the people here have been great, a few could go somewhere Icant say, I am still in NC selling the house and hubby is in AZ, we have been to AZ before and loved it, we are just westerners I guess.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,222,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD
I feel your pain! we just returned from our 5 week trip back East on Saturday. Dh officially accepted his position in Raleigh on June 22cd. OUr home has been on the market for almost 6 weeks. Our realtor IMO is not doing much of anything to get people in. we are in a very desirable neighborhood here in CA we are reasonably priced my home is model perfect and still no bites. I was told today that there are 30 homes in our neighborhood for sale and none have sold since May 30th. I am so sick I can't even sleep at night with worry! My kids are getting back into the groove of things here with their friends and such and moving is just going to be that much harder on them when it happens now. School here starts the 2cd week of August. I so don't want to move them mid year!
Hey there CAKD...congratulations on the job offer...and do hope your home sells soon. The main reason I am writing is in regard to your last sentence (move them mid year). I have to tell you that was one of my biggest fears...since I knew we were moving our children mid year...we decided to keep them out of school for a couple of weeks once we moved to the Carolina's so they could adjust to their home and surroundings....what a mistake that was...the first day of school they made friends right away and could not stop talking about their day all the way home (of course then we starting kicking ourselves for not starting them 2 weeks prior). So many areas have so many new kids coming in....the Vice Principal had told us the the kids have all gone thru it...so they know what it's like (and it held true). Good Luck to you!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 PM

38 posts, read 140,291 times
Default Maybe you should trying posting on CRAIGSLIST.ORG

It's free and you can attach 4 pics and a link to more pics.

So, that's removed (as well if you're moving you can off load some furniture and stuff on there) I live on there. It's the BEST...I've found my apt, furniture, friends and even a boyfriend...WOW! It's the best.

Just a suggestion...you may also want to note that you're willing to co-broker the sale. That may be an incentive. (don't know much about it as i'm not a realtor)

But like some one else said..it may be that 1. it's late in the cycle..usually people put their house up in the spring 2. depends where you are and it just may be that the area you're in is depressed right now or there's an oversupply of condos or new housing developments. 3. interest rates are up so it's really a buyers market right now

well, good luck!

Last edited by Yac; 07-24-2006 at 02:41 PM..

Old 07-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,554,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
I have a headache too, dont get me wrong most of the people here have been great, a few could go somewhere Icant say, I am still in NC selling the house and hubby is in AZ, we have been to AZ before and loved it, we are just westerners I guess.
gregsbabe, all the best. The best PLACE to BE is WITH your husband where that may be.

Godspeed.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:19 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,020,943 times
Lovethe Carolinas your post made me tear up! I am worrying myself sick over the kids adjustment. May I ask how old your kids are? I am the most worrried about my 12 year old who will be starting 7th grade. Middle school is awful even when you know everyone I can't imagine how it would be for him not knowing anyone. He has a hard time with change. I keep having this dream where I drop him off and he has to walk into school all alone......terrible! He told me the other day that he would have to eat lunch all alone if we moved....broke my heart! Thank you for your positive reassurance!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,284,255 times
I've always had clients move down a few weeks before school starts so the kids can get used to the neighborhood but most kids adjust as long as the parents do! Even with the re assignments at school...kids don't care which school they are at as long as their friends are there with them. And...they just adjust so much faster than we do. Vicki

Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,222,807 times
Quote:
Lovethe Carolinas your post made me tear up! I am worrying myself sick over the kids adjustment. May I ask how old your kids are? I am the most worrried about my 12 year old who will be starting 7th grade. Middle school is awful even when you know everyone I can't imagine how it would be for him not knowing anyone. He has a hard time with change. I keep having this dream where I drop him off and he has to walk into school all alone......terrible! He told me the other day that he would have to eat lunch all alone if we moved....broke my heart! Thank you for your positive reassurance!

Oh you are very welcome. I happen to have one that will be starting 5th grade and one going into 7th ( )...at the time of our move they were in 2nd and 4th grade. Although my children were younger at the time of the move than your oldest will be..might I suggest something I did prior to our move....I went online and found anything and everything I knew that would spark my kids interest that happen to be located around the new area we were moving to (you name it...I printed it)....by the time I was done I had created a nice size book and had gone thru a lot of printer ink...it was well worth it though as their fear of moving had now turned into excitement. Explain to him too (if you are moving into an area with alot of growth) he more than likely will not be alone but just one more of the many new faces at his school. I volunteer at the schools and I can tell you firsthand...the kids adapt far quicker than we adults do.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:00 PM

88 posts, read 251,133 times
Quote:
CAKD...I replied to you post on another topic as well. We have almost the same age kids and my son too will be starting jr high as well. I feel exactly the same way you do the thought of him trying to make his way between classes. Because of the timeframe that we'd be moving he will be missing orientation and instruction on how to get around the school and between periods......all the stuff us parents worry about....just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina