Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,635 times

Advertisements

The Yemeni group - known as "al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula" - posted the statement this week on a militant Web site that regularly carries al-Qaida messages.

It says the man returned to his home in Saudi Arabia after his release from the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba about a year ago and from there went to Yemen to join the terror group.

Scranton, news, obituaries, sports and shopping | thetimes-tribune.com | The Times-Tribune (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_YEMEN_AL_QAIDA?SITE=PASCR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE =DEFAULT - broken link)

Well it seems way before obama, decided to close down Gitmo, a prisoner wae released and soon after join in a terror group.. So I would like to know what going to happen to all of them that are in there now??? Does obama even have a clue what the hell he is doing.. These people are going to get set free and join terror groups... What is are new leader thinking..

Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Its not him that scares me, its the people that are HANDLING him that worry me. John know anyone that has a ruger mini-30(7.62x39) that they want to get rid of? I have an empty spot that I want to fill in.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
I'm REAL glad you guys aren't my bosses to judge my job performance after 2 days on the new job!!!

Also, since folks seem to know what's gonna happen in the future, anyone got the lotto numbers for Saturday??? I need a winnah....a winnah....
LOL! When you're done borrowing the crystal ball, can you pass it along my way?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I know we should be cutting him some more slack, it's just that when I see him on TV speaking it doesn't instill much confidence in me that he's going to be strong enough to lead this country in the right direction. I still can't believe he's President, it's like I'm looking at an actor portraying a president. He doesn't come off as being "presidential".
Ed, what we know about ANY administration is what they WANT us to know... I'm 101% positive there's SO much "behind-the-scene" stuff that we DON'T know about that has to be taken into consideration when ANYTHING is done by the President. If the American public actually DID know everything happening, I'm sure it would lead to mass hysteria, revolt, etc...

I gave Bush 4 years of support before my coming to the conclusion that he's an idiot & one of the worst things to happen to our country (remember, that's my opinion). BUT....I still started out supporting him, though he wasn't who I wanted in office...after all, he WAS our leader. (yes Paul, it DOES feel good to say that!!)

We don't know what tomorrow's gonna bring, & some decisions that we may view as "wrong" may actually be the best when weighed-in with the "info" that the public is not aware of...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:50 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
These people are going to get set free and join terror groups... What is are new leader thinking..
Wrong.

You are assuming they are terrorists. Why would you do that when of the 700+ people who have been through Gitmo, over 400 have been simply let go? The remaining detainees should get some type of trial (if there's anything actually triable) to determine their guilt or innocence.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
LOL! When you're done borrowing the crystal ball, can you pass it along my way?
LOL!! You got it honey!!

"Ethel to Tillie....Ethel to Tillie....come in Tillie...."

Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Its not him that scares me, its the people that are HANDLING him that worry me. John know anyone that has a ruger mini-30(7.62x39) that they want to get rid of? I have an empty spot that I want to fill in.
Yes I do know 2 people that have a mini -14. I will have to ask around and see what I come up with.. It's going to be hard I think to get your hands on one.. Seeing how everything is going on.. I'll keep my eye out for you..

If you do pick one up.. I got some real good deals on Ammo, for it..
Military 7.62x39 HP rounds 122-gr 640 rounds in sardine can @ 139.12

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Wrong.

You are assuming they are terrorists. Why would you do that when of the 700+ people who have been through Gitmo, over 400 have been simply let go? The remaining detainees should get some type of trial (if there's anything actually triable) to determine their guilt or innocence.
How do we / I know there not??

Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Wrong.

How can you say wrong? Most likely they are terrorists. And if they are, they shouldn't be let go or treated humane and with civility.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
John not a mini-14..Thats a .223/5.56....A min-30...Thats a 7.62/39mm, essentially an AK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania